Tata Consultancy Services
3.3 of 5 6,532 reviews
www.tcs.com Mumbai, India 5000+ Employees

Tata Consultancy Services Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Getting the Interview

36 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2014.

Interview Details – I got an on campus interview through job fair. The whole process took about 4 days. I found out i got the position two days after my on campus interview. I interviewed with the HR and an software engineer. The interview consisted of behavioral questions and general technical questions on programming.

Interview Question – basic questions related to object-oriented programming.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – Easy, technical apptitude only and basic coding interview

Interview Question – Process is easy   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer

Interview Details – I was selected from campus. Written and Interview.

Amritsar (India)

I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

Interview Details – General Aptitude, Letter Writing, technical interview, HR interview

Interview Question – They asked me if why am I going for TCS for only 3.18 lakh rupees   Answer Question

Farīdābād, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2013.

Interview Details – Really biased people. A guy with zero communication got selected because of its political background. Also, he didn't have technical knowledge.
even if you get selected, wait for an year or so, for your offer letter.

Interview Question – HR person asked me a lot of questions about my personal life, i find a little strange.   Answer Question

Indore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

Interview Details – first there was a written test.then comes interview.since a lot of people apply,so i can say that to get selected in tcs it is imp that it should be ur day.

Interview Question – why tcs?   Answer Question

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview panel is divided into various sub-categories in which there were HR and technical interview panels. The basic interview is resume walk through. All your interests, projects and subjects are duly noted and questions are asked based on the resume. The overall interview experience is guided by our confidence in the subject matter

Interview Question – How can you multiply two numbers using 8085 micro-controller?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – To pursue MS

Very Easy Interview

Pune (India)

I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

Interview Details – Asked basic question on object orientated programming. Also asked question on my final year project. There were 2 technical rounds and 1 HR round

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult question except ones on Object oriented programming   Answer Question

Lucknow (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

Interview Details – The process included written test and interviews after that.The written test included aptitude questions and were easy to solve.The scoring section was accuracy. After that interviews which had technical round managerial and hr round in no particular order.

Interview Question – Why you wanrt to join TCS   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I had better options available to me

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2011.

Interview Details – First there was a shortlisting process based on the Written test. It contained the basic aptitude, reasoning and english. Then next was the Technical round and Managerial Round. The last was the HR round. For me both Technical round and Managerial Round was took by a single person. He asked basics related to my Electrical Engineering. It was pretty cool. I made him satisfied. The HR was for namesake and she asked whether am I ready to relocate myself, bla bla..

Interview Question – They asked how would I control the flow of power in the transmission lines using software technology. I said that using SCADA and microcontroller we can do it. He asked how the program look like. I explained him so and so. Thats it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I want to go for higher studies via GATE and do M.Tech in IIT's.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tata Consultancy Services

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tata Consultancy Services Associate Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 36 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tata Consultancy Services employees and interview candidates.