Tata Consultancy Services

Updated Jan 17, 2015
Updated Jan 17, 2015

2.6

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

the process took two days. I was hired through campus recruitment.
 Once I cleared the written test(which included aptitude and email writing), I was called for an interview. The panel had 3 members. They started with basic DS questions like " what is ds?; what are data types? ; write an algorithm to find the greatest number in an array".
 Then they asked few HR questions like Why TCS, why IT side, any relocation problem?
 After answering all these questions, they told me to leave. My interview was finished in just 10 minutes. After 2 days, offer letter was sent to my mail.
 please be sure to fill the priority order in the initial application form as provided to you (either by the college or by the TCS admin). Any mismatch in the order would lead to direct rejection of the application.

Interview Questions
No negotiation as i applied through college.

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

The tcs aptitude will generally be based on its previous year patterns.
    Once you go thru the previous papers,u can easily crack the written test.
    Once shortlisted for the interview,u will have either a tech+hr interview or 2 seperate tech and hr interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Sometimes dey bring in questions nt related with ur stream of study   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2014.

aptitude written test consisting 30 question in 80 minutes. then verbal ability test. this was mail writing using all the phrases given there in more than 50 words.Time limit for this was 10 minute. Then interview round.

Interview Questions
    • Not such. Normal questions. But you will not be able to know what they want.   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2014.

Aptitude test.verbal ability test followed by personal interview. Personal interview had questions from technical side and human resources side. It all depends on the kind of interviewer you face. We were in a placement drive and it was all hullabaloo but one should maintain calmness

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Mostly walk in or campus recrutement.
    I got selected through campus process.
    Technical Round and then HR. Process was simple and got offer letter same day.
    technical was good. HR was nominal. Technical was on c, c++, java , Networking for freshers.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuttippuram (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Kuttippuram (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2013.

I attended the recruitment drive held in my college and it was pretty easy for me. There were two test rounds. One for language, and the other checking aptitude. Once I got through the rounds we had an interview in 3 stages, one technical, one managerial and one HR. The managerial round was a little tough but otherwise, the whole process was a piece of cake.

Interview Questions
    • Situations in office environment when we weren't acknowledged by our superiors, details about BigData etc.   Answer Question

Because I'm sure there's something way better waiting for me.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

The company had visited in our college.
    There were three rounds 1st apptitude,second technical and third hr. Apptitude round had quantitative and resoning mixed but were average in difficulty level.

in technical interview they asked related to c and very basic data structures.
    1- write a programe to reverse string.
    2- difference between c and c++;
    3- what is a linked list and how do we manage linking of two nodes. Is it a linear or a non linear data structure.
    4-what is a pointer variable.
    5-oops properties.

some hr:-
    introduction and your extracurricular activities

Interview Questions
    • have you applied physics in cricket and where?
      what is a customer according to you?

View Answer
    As the company had visited our campus there was no negotiation.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thanjāvūr (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thanjāvūr (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

Two rounds-Aptitude and Personal Interview

Interview Questions
    • Explain about your project and write one of the snippets.   View Answer

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

they take an aptitute test.after clearing it you are interviewed by the company's HR's.after clearing it,you get hired by TCS.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions can be asked from anywhere.they can be technical or general questions.even IQ questions canbe asked   Answer Question
    there are no negotiations.they give a fixed salary to all for a specific post in the company.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2012.

Eligibility Criteria:

Management Post Graduates/Diploma/CA/Cost Accountant/Phd/Graduates/Post Graduates are eligible to register.
    Candidate should have secured atleast 60% through out his academic career.
    Candidates who attend any TCS Recruitment Process in the Past 6 Months is not eligible