Tata Consultancy Services

www.tcs.com

Tata Consultancy Services Associate Systems Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Feb 28, 2014

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Thanjāvūr (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

Interview Details – Two rounds-Aptitude and Personal Interview

Interview Question – Explain about your project and write one of the snippets.   View Answer

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2012.

Interview Details – Eligibility Criteria:

Management Post Graduates/Diploma/CA/Cost Accountant/Phd/Graduates/Post Graduates are eligible to register.
Candidate should have secured atleast 60% through out his academic career.
Candidates who attend any TCS Recruitment Process in the Past 6 Months is not eligible

Interview Question – c,c++   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was good with quality questions on Java/J2EE technologies.

Interview Question – It was normal   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was tough. They did not increase the salary much. Got a very less % of hike.

Associate Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – they take an aptitute test.after clearing it you are interviewed by the company's HR's.after clearing it,you get hired by TCS.

Interview Question – The interview questions can be asked from anywhere.they can be technical or general questions.even IQ questions canbe asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there are no negotiations.they give a fixed salary to all for a specific post in the company.

Very Easy Interview

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2008.

Interview Details – Hired from campus. Had written test before interview. Interview was chilled out, they were just looking to hire people.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected. The interview was cool, I was asked to about the courses I had taken till then.   Answer Question

Tūmkūr (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2011.

Interview Details – it was bit ok, most of them were based on c prog, some qns were based on tecnical

Interview Question – change of verticals   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – less projects

Thanjāvūr (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in December 2011.

Interview Details – I prepared very well by browsing a lot about interview process. Interviewers were very friendly and suggested me water with warm smile. Too much technical questions with very few HR Questions.

Interview Question – They ask me to rate myself on the scale of 5.   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2009.

Interview Details – College placement. First the aptitude test, then if you are selected then a technical round is taken. once you clear the TI then Manager round comes. Few questions to test u r managerial skills are tested then comes the HR round once u clear the HR round u r through.

Interview Question – Describe about your self   View Answer

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2010.

Interview Details – This was placement through campus. We had a written exam of 150 minutes. It was psychometric and mathematical in nature. Questions were tough.
After shortlisting for this stage there was a panel interview with 2 panel members one of whom was an HR and the other was usually a business analyst or some one from a project within the company. Interview lasted 45 mins, they grilled me on my resume and various projects I had done during my under-graduation phase.Questions included how i faced and overcame challenges in my work and why TCS and would I be willing to relocate?

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation since this was through campus.

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!