Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Calcutta, India

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.9

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Calcutta (India)).

Interview

First a written aptitude test. The ones who passed that went for an interview. Only one interview, which had a technical person and a HR person.
    Technical interview was pretty basic.
    HR interview was more tough. Had a lot of questions trying to trip you up regarding professional choices and working full time as a woman.

Interview Questions

• Asked to write a complete class and explain each line. Then I was questioned about what will happen if certain changes were made in certain places.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

Interview

Written Examination was scheduled in my college to test the theoritical knowledge of the candidates, after that technical interview was organised for the successful candidates and then HR interview was scheduled to complete the intake process

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Calcutta (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

I attended the all India TCS off campus placement for 2014 and 2015 batch on 20th February 2015 in Kolkata.

I am 2015 Fresher.

It has two parts:

1. Online test.
    2. Interview.

Time of test: 90 minutes.

Test paper: 1 verbal email writing (10 minutes) + 30 Analytical questions (70 minutes).

I did the verbal email question.

I did 21 out of 30 questions in Analytical part. I am sure they were all correct.

I avoided guessing.

I cleared the Aptitude. and then was called for Interview. It was very friendly and after few week I came to know I was selected. They send the offer letter too without delay.

Interview Questions

• Hello everyone,

After clearing the aptitude exam @TCS Off campus, Feb 20, 2015, I was called for interview at TCS Gitanjali Park office Kolkata. Without elaborating much, let me start with my interview experience.

It was a big room and 2-3 interviews were being simultaneously held in different corners of the room. The co-ordinator directed me to a corner. All I found was an empty chair and three interviewer facing me. They were One sir and two mam. After greeting them with a smile, I was asked to take a seat.

Interviewer 2 : Ok, you are in your 8th semester right?
      Interviewer 2 : Well, you must be doing your final year project. Can you tell us a bit about that.

Interviewer 3 : Did you use any hardware or was it only computational?

Interviewer 2: So, you are from mechanical department. What are the subjects you read in mechanical course?

Interviewer 2 : Well, what kind of machines you design ?

Interviewer 2 : Give me an example. (She gave me a paper to illustrate).

Interviewer 2 : Ok, Do you know programming ?

Interviewer 2 : Good, So you know Object Oriented Programming. Tell me what is it?

Interviewer 1 : We mean tell us some of the features of OOPs.

Interviewer 2 : What is Polymorphism ?

Interviewer 1 : And what about Inheritance ?

Interviewer 1 : Can you inherit a private member?

Interviewer 1 : Tell me how many types of ways you can define.

He immediately said "That's right protected " (I got his hint).
      I explained inheritance with the protected type. Gave an example to illustrate and prove I am confident.

Interviewer 1 : Well What else than studies? Do you play?

Interviewer 1 : Don't you love music at least ?

Interviewer 1 : Who is your favourite musician?

Interviewer 2 : Why do you like him?

Interviewer 1 : No, but why you like him?

Interviewer 1 : Why TCS? We want anything other than bookish answers. Please.

Interviewer 2 : So they are in TCS now?

Interviewer 2 : Why joining TCS from Mechanical background? You know you can't find thermal science and other favourite subjects you mentioned, here.

Interviewer 3 :(She is awesome and beautiful and had been quite all the time. I guess she was for HR questions)Tell us about your family?

nterviewer 3 : So how is your joint family different from your nuclear ones ?

Interviewer 3 : Where do you want to see yourself 5 years from now?

Interviewer 2 : Are you ready to relocate?

Interviewer 3 : Do you have any problem in working in shifts ?

Interview 2 : Thank you. You may go now.

Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Calcutta (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Very Bad experience .They ask me some rubbish question.I can't even think that they can ask this type of question.I have ample knowledge about my department but they as me about a pin number of an IC .I am very disappointed with that.Just not interested now on it.

Interview Questions

• 1.Tell about yourself.
      2.C code on prime number.
      3.Diff b/w struct and union
      4.what is enum.
      5.why Tcs.
      6.what is the pin number of INTA.
      leave for today.

1 Answer

Application

Interview

Aptitude round is a hard one,strictly follow Arun Sharma to qualify in this round.
    technical round : Be very clear about your basics and atleast 1 programming language.prepare for datastructure,DBMS v,v.well and be confident(thats most important )
    all the best :)

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Calcutta (India)).

Interview

2 Technical Round and 1 HR round .It was very very difficult . They ask difficult question and ask vey long long questions. Time consuming and they very long hours to complete the session.

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

Company came to our college for Hiring. Nearly 600 candidates applied, out of which 281 got selected. First there was an aptitude round comprising of 30 questions. Then there was an email writing round which was an elimination round as well. After that two rounds of interview were there- one technical and one HR.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a wave and a signal? How to get JK flip-flop from D-flip-flops?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given EIS (Engineering and Industrial Services) department.
    No negotiations on salary. Be confident and god in basics of your core subject area. ECE and mechanical are preferred branches for EIS profile.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Calcutta (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

First the aptitute round takes place.
    Questions on general aptitute and verbal round is asked .
    In verbal round a chain of phrases is provided and a email is to be written using those phrases within 10 min.
    In general aptitude 30 que are provided and those are to be completed in 80 min .
    After that both verbal and apti round is used to judge and select a student for the interview round.
    In interview round first a technical round takes place where basic technical que from c, java , dbms may be asked.
    Then HR round maybe separate or may take place along with technical round which is simple que regarding personality and about hobbies and about the organization.

Interview Questions

• DBMS query can be asked to be written based on any printed tabular data such as educational qualification from your CV. Easy que though.   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Calcutta (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

it was a three round process..1st one had a aptitude test round consist of two parts-email writing & general apti...that was quite easy..you just need to practice m4maths and you will be fine..then after few days we had PI & HR round....
    PI was based on technical questions on c,java,oracle etc..
    after 2 days I got my offer letter...

Interview Questions

• they asked simple questions like why data structure is needed,what is recursion, write a program on PL/SQL cursr...   1 Answer

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Calcutta (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

Tata Consultancy Services came to our college for the campus recruitment.
    The interview process was quite straight forward.
    First round: Email writing + Aptitude test (30 questions - 80 mins)
    Second round: Technical Interview. Mainly I was asked from algorithm, data structure and afterwards some questions from the various projects I have been a part of.
    Third round: HR Interview. I was not asked anything. Just the interviewer told me various stuffs like bond, reallocation etc.
    After 8 days the result came out.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly the common ones like, time complexities, hashing, linked list etc.   Answer Question