Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions & Reviews in Calcutta India

102 interviews

2.9

102 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2010.

It was good. They asked me questions based on my experience and relevant kill set. It was to the point and not so lengthy. I enjoyed the session a lot. Later on got the chance to work with my interviewer and it was nice experience.

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

A written test followed by 1 on 1 interviews. Go through the recent questions and you should be good. Interviews depend on the technical expertise of the interviewer. If you are lucky, you might get a job discussing your hobbies, if not then you might be asked to write code like me.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

There were 4 rounds. 1. Grammar Test - 20 questions in 10 minutes 2. Self Intro round, they may ask you some questions 3. Versant Test 4. HR OPS Round they may give you some situations about a customer and you have to tell them the solution.

Interview Questions
    • Interview Details It was walk in, and they described about their company, followed by a video, and explained about the rounds they will take.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2011.

good questions
    tricky puzzels especially mathematical puzzles are asked.
    one of the language programming test.
    nice HR round
    Hr person are good and well behaved, they tried to encourage whenever any question is unanswered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2010.

This has been for a Campus Selection that TCS visited. There was one written round which covered aspects of Aptitude, English, Programming skills etc. Followed by Panel Interview if Written is cleared. Finally there would be one HR round

Interview Questions
    • Being from a Technical Background like B.Tech why do you wish to choose IT as your career and not the Core Industry   View Answer
    Be direct and frank about your expectations

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Calcutta (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in December 2010.

I was selected for direct interview process for having more than 80% marks in all my exams and also all the employees from my engineering college gave outstanding business performance. Formal questions like why should they choose me for TCS.

Interview Questions
    • Academic questions were as usual like recursive function, C code for Fibonacci serial, data structure, OOP, data abstraction, garbage collection, byte code etc.   Answer Question

Process Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2013.

For fresher interview process is 3 tier based- 1st round is a aptitude test ,round 2 personal interview and 3rd round with Business HR.
    Experienced should generate a EPIR number with the help of any TCS employee and then proceed with the various rounds

Interview Questions
    • For freshers i will suggest you to brush up all your 10 STD mathematics and little bit of logic's.
      Experienced should be familiar with there previous tools and company.
        View Answer

ASE Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2014.

There were 2 phases of the entire recruitment proocess:
    PHASE 1: Aptitude test ( Qant MCQ + Email Writing)
    PHASE 2: 3 rounds - Technical (around 30-40mins), MR (project management related stuffs, 30mins), HR (10 mins)

IT Analyst C2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2013.

There were 4 rounds of interview for the position of IT Analyst - Enterprise Storage at TCS, Kolkata. Walkin (Intro & Technical), Telephonic (Core Technical), Managerial (Face to Face), Final HR Round (Face to Face). First round was mostly about candidature of the applicant as well as somewhat technical. The second round was core technical wherein questions related to my domain were asked. The third round was managerial & comprised of atleast one Associate/Principal consultant along with the technical guys who took the second round. In this round, candidate is mostly judged on attitude, merit, IQ & other job-fitment factors. Finally, the last round was with BU HR person & salary negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • Would the candidate be able to support the project for 24 * 7 as there isn't any fixed working hours in TCS ?   View Answer
    The nogotiation with TCS HR team was tough regarding compelling them to get your expected salary (includes hike above former company's salary)

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2011.

It was a campus placement process.Process started with an aptitude test and 2 rounds of functional interview and 1 round of HR .Functional round was the most challenging one as it was based on assumptions and understanding of the business scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were basically based on scenarios and case studies.Understanding and presenting was the most important aspect of the selection criteria.   Answer Question

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!