Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Quick and simple process. Emailed the HR through university recruiting. Was contacted back a week later and onsite interview was set up for the week after.
    HR Questions:
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Tell me about you experiences
    ...and other basic HR questions.

Technical Questions:
    C++ syntax. Explain pointers.
    What header do you use for file I/O?
    Explain polymorphism
    ... and other C++ specific questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through a university career fair in September of 2014. The HR representative said I would be contacted for an interview early in the next year as I would be starting after I graduated university.

In the next year I was contacted by the same HR representative for a brief phone interview to ensure I was still interested in the position. An in person interview was setup for the next week with the HR rep and a technical person.

The interview was split into 10 mins of HR questions and 50 minutes of technical questions. Most technical questions were in Java. I was even asked to write code on paper.

It was clear they were seeking Java specific developers. The technical guy grilled me on not knowing specific classes to use to read and write to a file, as well as not knowing the specific return value for when an InputStreamReader has finished reading a file. I thought this was kind of weird, because it's too specific of a question for an interview.

Overall it was a pretty good experience.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Met the recruiter at a campus event, and I received an interview about a month later. Interviewers were friendly, and asked very general questions about the software language that you are most comfortable with, in addition to a few of the languages you might have listed on your resume, so it might be useful to review them. The interview was half HR questions and half technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Unexpectedly asked to write a short but simple SQL query   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with HR and technical personal. Excellent work culture and ethics. Office location is hard to reach by public transportation especially when coming from downtown or other GTA areas. Interview questions were relatively easy and basic. Focus was mostly on Object-Oriented Programming. The questions were geared towards depth in the skills mentioned in the resume rather than breadth of shallow skills.

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through university's online career portal. Received an HR phone interview with basic questions about location, salary expectations, and language familiarity, etc. After a week or so, there was an in-person interview at the job site. The in-person interview consisted of a short 10-min HR interview with similar phone interview questions followed by an technical interview. The technical interview had many unexpected questions. All the questions I would normally expect such as OOP concepts, write an algorithm, and SQL queries were not asked.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my proficiency with Microsoft Office and then an Excel question where there's 2 columns of elements and the goal was to find the SQL left join and right join using Excel only.   1 Answer
    • In SQL, the difference between procedure and function   1 Answer

Computer Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Interview process first start with formal test than there was an behavioural interview take place .
    After that they had called me for another programming interview. Computer programming question consist of mostly object oriented programming c++ . And they given about 1 hour to crack one programming question .

Interview Questions

• in computer programming they did not ask question on specific computer programming   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

First had a technical interview and then had an HR round. In technical interview questions related to programming was asked and also the rational behind my approach.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job through LI. Got call from HR and subsequently the technical team called after a week. The HR was very friendly and was accomodative of my schedule for the interview and even the technical team was nice. The technical interview lasted for nearly an hour. They started with experience and exposure to work environment, project experience, technical skills and tools knowledge. Then they went into the key skills required for the project and asked specific technical questions in Java/J2EE/JDBC/Spring/Hibernate. The questions started from basic and went into advance levels like multithreading, exception handling , Garbage collection etc. They asked about unix shell scripts and JDBC connectivity, testing methodology and configuration management.

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume at an on campus career expo. I was contacted about 2 weeks after that. They were hiring for junior software engineers. I am an electrical engineer so this position would not have been totally in my comfort zone but since the HR said the have a 2 months training I taught that might work.

There were 3 interviewers, 1 HR and 2 Technical interviewers. there was a 15 minute HR interview followed by a 45 minute technical interview. They did not ask me to code but ask all sorts of questions, hard and simple ones about C, C++, Java, HTML5, Java script, network etc...

Sample questions:
    * whats the difference between FTP and SFTP?
    * explain the differences in detail between C, C++ and JAVA.
    * If C++ is OOP then why do we need pointers?
    * What is encapsulation?
    * what is polymorphism?
    * what is abstraction?
    * Array vs linked list?
    * etc...

Interview Questions

• I did not expect IT and network maintenance questions, be prepared for those! They work with all languages across all platforms so be prepared, even android app development. Make sure you know the stuff you put on your resume.   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Application

interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR person who found my resume online. The HR phone interview was easy, they want to know more about you, if you can work in Canada, your background and work history. A couple of days later I had a technical phone interview. The interview questions vary in difficulty. Be prepared for Object Oriented Programming questions: Inheritance, Abstraction, Polymorphism.