Tata Consultancy Services

2.7

212 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

First round was tech basic core java questions were asked along with process followed in previous company and asked to explain project worked in previous company, had one more round of tech, then manager round, then HR.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

The oncampus recruitment process was held for 2 days. Aptitude was moderate. It consisted of all the standard questions but will be moderately difficult to understand them. Once understood, the answers can be found immediately or 30 second max.
    The interview process for me was held for 15min. They asked me basic questions from database management system and core java. Both of which have been used in the projects I did during my academic years.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2014.

I had only one interview with a panel of 3 members. The overall duration of the interview was around 15 minutes. They tested my knowledge on basics of UNIX commands especially grep and find. Then they moved on to DBMS and asked me to write a query for join operation for the given schema. I did that. Then they asked me about Python since I mentioned it on my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

The interview process consists of two rounds. Aptitude test and technical interview
    The aptitude round consists of 30 questions from aptitude for 80 mins and a 10 mins email writing
    This can be easily cleared by continuous practice from previous year question papers from different colleges and websites. Thi s is a easy way to clear the test. Time is not a constraint,since d 80 mins is sufficient to answer the questions
    After clearing this round next will be a panel interview
    Interview
    The panel will have 2 to 3 people. Mostly one will be a hr,one technical and the other will be noting your attitude.
    This will mostly be from 20 mins to 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • What is difference between c and c++?
      What is a pointer
      Use of pointer
      For a non computer department questions will be asked from their technical background

Answer Question
    No negotiation with the offer. The package given to us was 3.18 lakh per annum.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Be sure with your basics. That is all about it. You don't need to study all the things. Be confident and flexible. TCS interview interview alll about being positive. Learn the basics of your background even if you are from non IT background. The HRs would be very flexible with their questions if you are different background.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

The first round is a test that would consist of a set of 35 aptitude come analytic problems. They are neither easy nor too tough to crack. Next would be an interview with a team of 2 to 4 HR s. They would ask behavioral questions, about undergrad projects, rarely puzzles and technical questions. It is pretty easy when you can communicate fluently in English.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

The process was good .Campus Hire .Shortlisting and then personal interview by a 3 member panel. Result was declared in the same day. Nothing much to discuss here as this was a campus hire. There was HR and 2 member team from the domain

SAP Functional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2014.

Three processes
    1. Technical - Start from basic to in depth of functional knowledge.
    2. Manager - Tell me abt Professional exp. ,Positive and negative? , why u r choosing SAP? , why not other module in SAP? and etc......
    3, HR Round - Salary negotiable ...

Interview Questions
    • SAP Functional knowledge , Transaction , SAP Configuration & ASAP Methodology ..........   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

On campus interview - Online exams on Verbal, Analtical and Critical thinking- One face to face interview with combined technical and HR related questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation as the salary is fixed for campus recruitments

Various Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Varies based on technology , business , HR or skill requirement . No particular strategy