Tata Consultancy Services

Average Difficulty
191 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

Interview Details – tough aptitude test containing both verbal and mathematical questions followed by an hr interview in which questions related to both core and general are asked and the computer science related questions are the most tough for most of us

Interview Question – what is the shape of the guindy bridge in chennai   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee
Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – Be sure with your basics. That is all about it. You don't need to study all the things. Be confident and flexible. TCS interview interview alll about being positive. Learn the basics of your background even if you are from non IT background. The HRs would be very flexible with their questions if you are different background.

Interview Question – Sitching from non-IT background to IT background.   Answer Question

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE)
Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2012.

Interview Details – About my resume and basic programming questions Palindrome, Sorting(Quick Vs merge), etc. Basic HR questions that most of you guys can answer. Hobbies, Area of Interest, etc. I presented an IEEE paper in power electronics the same year. So they me about it. What was my contribution to that paper

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Very friendly interview   Answer Question

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2010.

Interview Details – Aptitude Test with maths questions in it. Followed by a Technical interview in a group of 2 technical experts and finally HR interview for judging on behavioral aspects. It was a fun process and friendly process, interviewers made me feel comfortable throughout the process. But a few do undergo through stress interview as well.

Interview Question – Programming for finding best of the 100 marks on paper   Answer Question

Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – The first round is a test that would consist of a set of 35 aptitude come analytic problems. They are neither easy nor too tough to crack. Next would be an interview with a team of 2 to 4 HR s. They would ask behavioral questions, about undergrad projects, rarely puzzles and technical questions. It is pretty easy when you can communicate fluently in English.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – The process was good .Campus Hire .Shortlisting and then personal interview by a 3 member panel. Result was declared in the same day. Nothing much to discuss here as this was a campus hire. There was HR and 2 member team from the domain

Interview Question – Asked about the previous experience   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee
Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was a campus placement and I was a core branch student who had a direct interview due to a good cgpa. It was the first ever job interview I was going to attend and I was obviously nervous inside but had to keep smiling throughout . The entire interview was for about 45 minutes. There were 3 persons in the panel. One was the HR. The first question was "Tell me about yourself".
 Technical questions were from data structures like types of lists,concept of stack,queue,basic C and C++ ,differences between C and C++, and practical applications of stack,queue,list.
The HR questions were the usual : 1. Why IT 2. Why TCS 3. Ready for night shifts 4.Interested in higher education?

Interview Questions

• 1.Tell me the recent trends in anything   View Answer
  • 2. What ever you say is being entered into the compter do not say that you are ready to go outside your state/relocate   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Always keep a smile and maintain eye contact with all the persons in the panel. Let your hands be freely moving . If you do not know an answer ,say them " I can't remember right now sir " instead of saying something wrong.

SAP Functional Consultant Interview

SAP Functional Consultant
Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2014.

Interview Details – Three processes
1. Technical - Start from basic to in depth of functional knowledge.
2. Manager - Tell me abt Professional exp. ,Positive and negative? , why u r choosing SAP? , why not other module in SAP? and etc......
3, HR Round - Salary negotiable ...

Interview Question – SAP Functional knowledge , Transaction , SAP Configuration & ASAP Methodology ..........   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee
Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2012.

Interview Details – It was an on-campus interview.( through university) Basic questions about your background, where you come from, studies, college etc. Related questions to your stream in graduation...written questions for students from computer science.. like programming languages.

Negotiation Details – we were offered a standard salary for freshers of 3.16 LAKHS (2012)

Network & Computer Systems Administrator Interview

Network & Computer Systems Administrator
Chennai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2010.

Interview Details – 3 rounds, Good Communication but poor allocation to Projects. Interview Will not be so tough mostly on the basics and Understanding. 1 round is a techie , 2nd a Manager and 3rd a HR and offer ,

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tata Consultancy Services

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tata Consultancy Services interview questions and advice in Chennai, India. All 191 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tata Consultancy Services employees and interview candidates.