Tata Consultancy Services

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – Career Fair and had the interview the next day.

Interview Question – HR questions were kinda of weird. Normal Tech interview other than that.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – It was pretty straight , starting from 2 technical discussion , Manager Round and HR round in one day.

Interview Question – Can you join on less salary.   View Answer

Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a domain consultant position in Banking. I had over 10 years industry experience at the IT department of an MNC bank in India. TCS had three rounds of interviews. A senior consultant met me first along with an assistant of his, lasted for 40 minutes. Covered a number of topics on the business process supported by my team (fixed income platforms)

Interview Question – I was asked what was the biggest project failure an how I handled it,   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The range of negotiation possible is very narrow, maybe 7% or so.

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – Need to have technical specialization. Avoid Generalized skills

Interview Question – What do you do in Due Diligence? Presales support, etc,,   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in July 2009.

Interview Details – Depends on level, domain and whether it is for technical or business related

Negotiation Details – Just discussed with HR

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – Very detailed and Thorough.........................................................

Interview Question – why shift from current company...............................   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2012.

Interview Details – written round followed by technical interview and HR technical interview was easy,very generic questions emphasis on projects and internships.HR round is a very fun and easy going interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2008.

Interview Details – TCS has been communicated via email. Interview timing was set up. I have multiple interview session like technical, functional, Management, HR interview. In Technical interview was focus on domain software and understanding of utilities and functionalities. Functional is more focus on the understanding of domain and business questions. Management is more focus on project / program management and reviews

Interview Question – Difficult question is about detailing of business case and self experience about the position.   View Answer

Calcutta (India)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2011.

Interview Details – I gave 3 Technical Interview,one Managerial and 2 HR Round. after that i had selected.

Interview Question – How to start the server if you can not loged in via GUI.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were not negotiated with me because i came from Manufacturing background to IT Industry.

Consulting Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2011.

Interview Details – This being my previous employer, they had my contact details, and I was emailed about the opportunity, should I wish to come back. I was curious about the offer, and responded with interest. After a few days, a telephonic interview took place. All was fine, but the scope of the role was too narrow, and I was not sure if they would match my salary expectations. I also realized the person interviewing me did not have much clue about the role.

Interview Question – What do you see as the big challenges facing Pharma companies today?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tata Consultancy Services

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tata Consultancy Services Consultant interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tata Consultancy Services employees and interview candidates.