Tata Consultancy Services

Updated Oct 10, 2014

2.6

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madurai (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madurai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2014.

Online aptitute test was conducted for 90 minutes with 10 mins of verbal ebility test and 80 mins aptitude which consists of 30 questions. It has the very easy selection process. After getting through the aptitude test we get to meet H.R directly.

Interview Questions
  • aptitude problems based on age, time speed and distance were asked. Many stress questions were asked   Answer Question

I belong to mechanical engineering disciple and the job was IT. So I declined the offer

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Aptitude and psychometry test, interview, HR interview

No negotiation, it was my first offer out of college

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

It was an offcampus interview.
    First we have to get registered on its portal and submit the application,then we receive the admit card for return exam(aptitude).
    Interview process-
    Written
    Technical round
    Management Round
    HR round

Elimination will be in all round.

Interview Questions
    • Being a Mechanical Engineer why do you want to join IT firm?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2012.

Typical campus interview . People with 70% overall will have direct interview . Rest will have to clear an aptitude test which is pretty tough . Interview was pretty easy . Questions were based on the academic projects done . They will ask questions only on those subjects which you say you are good at . HR round was a breeze through with questions from Olympics to Indian politics . Overall process was quick and pretty fun .

Interview Questions
    • All questions were easy . Except for few in DBMS . Even the interviewer did not not know the correct answers for that . So , got through with that .   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mathura, Uttar Pradesh (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mathura, Uttar Pradesh (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2011.

it was a campus hiring process. first aptitude test then technical interview & then hr round

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2011.

1. Initially there was an aptitude/skill test.
    2. Candidates were shortlisted based on the result.
    3. There were 2 rounds of interview.
        (I) Technical round panel interview.
       (II) HR panel interview.
    4. No GDs were held.
    5. The selection process was basically profile based. Though all departments/specializations were allowed (ECE, CSE, IT, EIE, EE, ME, MCA) still most selection took place from Computer Science and Information Technology departments. Followed by Communication and Instrumentation. A very few from EE and MC were selected. Some students from MCA were also selected. The entire selection process took 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • #ifndef preprocessor directive can be used to avoid multiple inclusions of a header file. State True or False.   View Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2011.

had both technical and hr round.......was asked related to languages, also things from my core some general ques too..

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2011.

First they asked me about my academics, then asked about my interaction with computer & its languages & asked me to write a program in C, after that they asked questions about TATA group & what TCS does etc. & then the HR round.

Interview Questions
    • Why you want to join IT industry. Where will be my 4 year degree knowledge of aeronautics be applied. Why you are leaving your field for this Job.   View Answer
    • If in future say u got a job in aviation, which job would you prefer, would you leave TCS for that.   Answer Question