Tata Consultancy Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

I T A Interview

I T A

I applied in-person and interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – interview process was a series of online aptitude tests followed by technical and HR interviews, it was very easy and straight forward.

Interview Question – why do u want to join our company .. no difficult questions ..   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – Salary didn't match the expectations

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – I was selected via campus selection.All the process which are followed in campus selection like online aptitude test and than technical interview and HR interview.After the you clear all the rounds they announced the selected candidate.

Interview Question – It was about the internal working of the micro-controllers 8086, paging and ISO model   Answer Question

Noida (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2010.

Interview Details – They asked mostly about your your project

Interview Question – Technology used in Project work   View Answer

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – Very fast.

Interview Question – All questions are fine   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the package is very less.

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was placed in campus recruitment in 2007. Interview process was pretty normal with aptitude tests and HR rounds. We had our interviews in a local college with aptitude rounds and similar rounds, followed by the HR round. The whole day was spent , only to know that I was placed in TCS!!!!!!!!!!

Interview Question – No question as such. the panel was pretty good with making us comfortable. The interview went on very easily. A long wait for the final results though, it was worth the wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiations !!!!!!!

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2012.

Interview Details – 1 round telephonic technical, 1 round face to face technical , 1 round managerial interview

Negotiation Details – it was ok,

ITA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – It happens through online process on job websites

Interview Question – Why are you interested in leaving your previous job specially for people with more than 5 yrs exp   Answer Question

Montevideo (Uruguay)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in December 2010.

Interview Details – I have 3 interviews. First with the staffing. Several phone calls.

Negotiation Details – Don't accept the first offer.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2008.

Interview Details – One technical, one Manager one HR. Sometimes the Manager and the HR interviews are conducted together. Needs to know the fundamentals of the technology you are working. Interviews are generally not difficult. Because the company knows, whoever will be requited, his/her career will be screwed up in a couple of years.

Negotiation Details – Yes.

Calcutta (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2011.

Interview Details – Gave the interview around November 2010. There were three steps in the process:
1. Technical Round: Herein a senior person will ask you questions related to your technical domain and will try to ascertain your knowledge on that.
2. Management Round: In thsi round any manager or a senior person (atleast Assoc) will have a discussion with you related to your work, challenges faced, how you coped with pressure, knowledge gathered over the time, your expecttation from TCS, salary, expected salary.
3. HR Round: Here the HR will ask your expected salary and will tell you about the offer and will try to answer your queries regarding the offer.

This will take approx. 1-2 days depending on the time taken in first 2 steps and how soon they offer you. An EP no. is required for this which can be generated after you post your profile at careers.tcs.com website.

Truly speaking it was a good experience for me though it was my second time.

Interview Question – What is the difference between Informatica 7 and 8 and why you should go for 8 ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not required for me.

Be polite and straight forward in your approach.

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!