Tata Consultancy Services

Average Difficulty
80 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in December 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process as per industry standards. Salary might be bit bit low under market trend but overall will be a good experience

Interview Question – why should we hire you ?   View Answer

IT Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2014.

Interview Details – I had applied online. Was interviewed once for one project, they forwarded my resume for another project. I was interviewed again through a walkin. The interview was good, HR round was good.

Interview Question – Basic questions were asked.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – Through Consultancy and had 2 rounds of interview.One is technical and other managerial.

Interview Question – No difficult question   Answer Question

IT Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2010.

Interview Details – - First Telephonic interview to check area of expertise
- Second detail in person interview of check and confirm area of expertise for person
- HR interview and Pay discussion
-Hired.

Interview Question – - Why do you want to join the company even when you know there is not much paid?   View Answer

IT Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – Very fast as they needed US citizen for their client and they must have lied to the client. Interview American if they take not much questions.

Negotiation Details – Nothing

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – Had a very focused, detailed, multiple round of interviews by senior management. They made aware about company's strategy and how my role fits into it. The top management helped me at every stage to better understand its product, services, geographic spread, 3/5/10 year growth plan and provided enough information to make right decision.

Interview Question – None   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – walk-in
first round of technical interview with simple technical questions and project experience
second round by manager - only asked some weird questions which are irrelevant to the position
third round by HR - actually it was not an interview, it was just a salary negotiation

Interview Question – HR was so stupid and called in the night at 11 and asked me to do salary negotiation at this time of the day   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interview. First was technical, second managerial and third was HR discussion.

Technical round-it was not very difficult but was lengthy and stretched up to an hour and a half.

Managerial round was mostly about the project being offered and the project manager of hiring project was taking it. Nothing much was tested here. It was more like an informative round and details of project, requirements, timelines, minimum commitment to project etc were discussed.

HR was quick. They released the offer letter very quickly and warned me that if I reject then company will not re-negotiate. Offer letter generated was valid only for a week. I negotiated a lot and finally, offer was released again. One point, avoid joining the company in March to August months(I am not sure about the exact time frame), because your appraisal will not happen as per policy then. You will have to wait for approx 2 years to get an increment.

Interview Question – What is the difference between a BDC and abstract class?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate hard. HR initially tell that whatever is being offered is the best and can't be renegotiated as per policy but if you are good, then they will do anything to get you.

Delhi (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2013.

Interview Details – The process was very long but I am satistified with the way ot turned out.

Interview Question – Questions on machine Learning and vision algorithms   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes!!

Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2010.

Interview Details – 4 rounds.
2 Technical, 1 MGMT and 1 HR

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. Should have negotiated.

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!