Tata Consultancy Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in July 2014.

Interview Details – Received the mail from the HR.
Then applied it, by mail.
Got the call from HR next day.
Fill the online form.

then at interview location,
1. Registration (long process)
2. Interview (not mentioned about the telephonic).
3. Manager
4. HR

Interview Held in pune.

Interview Question – The technology which i never mentioned and worked on.   View Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2011.

Interview Details – Campus recruitment from collage. Selection was based on Written test followed by Personal Interview.

Personal interview was a combination of technical and HR questions and also details on the project which you did in final year

Interview Question – Question was not so difficult if we are having overall knowledge of core subjects, they usually ask question based on your stream   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by 1:1 technical question with one of the team lead and then to hiring manager interviewed.
All question are general and basic related to C/C++ and timing of the work shift
At last hr interview with basic question and salary discussion

Interview Question – No difficult question as such.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No space of negotiation. mostly gives 10% hike from last salary

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Calcutta (India)

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – Interview Details It was walk in, and they described about their company, followed by a video, and explained about the rounds they will take.
There were 4 rounds. 1. Grammar Test - 20 questions in 10 minutes 2. Self Intro round, they may ask you some questions 3. Versant Test 4. HR OPS Round they may give you some situations about a customer and you have to tell them the solution.

Interview Question – Interview Details It was walk in, and they described about their company, followed by a video, and explained about the rounds they will take.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Interview Details It was walk in, and they described about their company, followed by a video, and explained about the rounds they will take.

Software Tester Interview

Software Tester
Gāndhīnagar, Gujarat (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in July 2014.

Interview Details – i got a mail regarding this post. They first took a aptitude test which i cleared and the said they will take the HR,TR and MR round but at last moment GD was taken.And being a fresher i had no idea of Gd before still tried my best but was not selected. Actually they wanted only experienced people and to cut short the the large no of candidates GD was included in the interview process.

Interview Question – as we were not able to go further for the interview. don't have any idea.   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through campus hiring and the process took two days. It was a very smooth process with everything done online by them. You just had to take two copies of your resume and your mark sheet. I had three rounds, Technical, Managerial and HR. The tech round was one where most questions were asked, mainly about past and current projects. A few questions on programming were also asked. Also, since my field is telecommunications, I was asked about Radars and antennas. Gave them a very detailed explanation about my final year project.

Interview Question – Had asked me about something related to telephony.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Fixed package for the entire college.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2014.

Interview Details – After clearing Aptitude which is online in Tirupathi. After that i had to gone to TCS Main branch in Hyderabad for Technical and MR Rounds. The same day they conducted HR Round in the same location.

Interview Question – Technical mostly is on basics , MR asked Imagine a situation where u are working in a company which offers u more money and a routine 9-5 job. another company offers u less money,but u can use ur creativity there. Where wud u go and why?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – direct interview in campus placement. easy one. basic concepts of c, c++ were asked. project realted details.
HR interview was damn easy .. basic questions like why tcs, weakness, strengths were asked.

Chennai (India)

Interview Details – The aptitude and verbal test was pretty easy. As i cleared it,i got through to the interview round. There were a panel of 3 members asking questions both technical and non-technical. Not getting nervous and confidence are the keys here.

Interview Question – I told them i was interested in film making as well. They asked why i was there.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I am more interested in marketing and sales related jobs.

Assistant Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview started with a company presentation...Round 1 was a aptitude test Round 2 was technical Round 3 was Management and Round 4 was HR Round.....In Technical Related to Programming and Database were there....Mangement and HR was a bit easy where younf management and Other skills are checked..

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!