Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in India

1,546 Interview Reviews

2.8

1,546 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in July 2014.

Attended through a employee referral drive. Interviewed at think campus bangalore for the role of KYC/AML analyst. Aptitude,HR,Tech interview were conducted on the venue and tech interview 2 was via phone. After few days Hr has asked for documents and background check forms. Later on the process was kept on hold and no answer from hr.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2013.

aptitude test which is easy if u go thru previous papers,after obtaining the cutoff for aptitude u will be selected for technical,then hr and managemnt rounds.in technical they will ask u to write programs in java,c etc based on ur strengths

IT Analyst Interview

It was good and completed in one day. had 3 round of interview. First Round: was asked around 5-6 questions based on the work I did in my previous company. Second Round (manager round): four questions based on the work I did in my previous company. Third Round: HR round: why was I looking for a change and what was the expected compensation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2014.

TCS encompasses one of the most exhaustive interview process. Everything begins with how you have been with your academics. It has an exemption criteria where students scoring above a specific marks are exempted. At my institution, Jamia Millia Islamia (a Central Univ), it was set as 8.77.
    The aptitude test forms the most challenging part, so getting exempted from it remains a breather. However, their difficulty level is not constant and it keeps varying on yearly basis. It consists of topics from probability, PnC, sequence and series, pattern recognition, work and time and almost all such topics you can think of. It lasts for almost 80 minutes. I, being exempted, had a rather easy going path.

It's followed by a 10 min Verbal part where they make you write an e-mail. The most challenging process is to use all the key-words that they have specified and address it and undersign it correctly. Those who have been exempted from apti have to appear in this round directly. No one gets exempted from Verbal Ability Round and YES, this is an elimination round, so don't be overconfident.

It's then followed by interviews. Interview is mostly conducted by 5-7 panels and here's where your luck factor comes into play. Here's how my interview went.

M: ME
    I: INTERVIEWER

Remember: Even after conducting interviews for 7 hours, I had a cheerful interaction with him. Carry a positive attitude with yourself. They don't want to see a gloomy face which would be repulsive.

M: Good Evening sir. (it was 5 p.m)
    I: Good Evening, have a seat.
    I: Tell me something about yourself.
    M: Told. I told him about my passion for writing and my publications in ToI. He asked a couple of questions based on that.

(Technical)
    I: Your favorite subject.
    M: Operating System
    I: Tell me about few scheduling algorithms

I: Tell me about different types of OS
    M: Told

I: Explain the entire concept of Memory Management.

I: What is thrashing?
    M: Sir, not very through with the concept. (He passed a gentle smile, which was not sarcastic).

M: Told him about few structures of memory which he never asked for :P

I: What are Daemon Processes?
    M: Told

I: What's the difference b/w Deamon Process and normal process?
    M: Told

I: What do you understand by Preemption and Non Preemption?
    M: Told.

After a good grilling, he switched over to a programming language.
    I told him I'm comfortable with C. I tried to hide Java to the extend that I even did not mention one of the excellent project I made in Java as Java Interviews are deadly :X

I: What do you understand by a pointer?
    M: Told

I: How do you declare an array?
    M: Told

I: How do you point a pointer to an array?
    M: Told

I: How do you make an array of pointers
    M: I have no idea what I told him :P

The guys sitting next to him got hold of my TCS Application form and found that I had mentioned 'Chat Server Application" which I forgot to remove from there.

I: In which language did you make this.
    M : (OMG!!!) Java

"Okkkay, let's play Java Java now. Something I never wanted to reveal.

I: Explain Polymorphism
    M: Explained in detail.
    It was this time when I was explaining on an A4 sheet, I saw one of the interviewers nodding in affirmation to the other. I got a hint that they are quite impressed.

I: Explain Function Overloading.
    M: Explained in detail.

I: Explain the difference between classes and structures.
    M: It was the most exciting part. We rather had an informal discussion where he was explaining me a concept and I was literally arguing with him (Remember, in a positive sense. I was just putting my concepts with confidence).

Finally I was done with Tech. & I was more energetic after leaving the room. The guy who took my interview was damn awesome, both in terms of his knowledge and attitude. He never tried to impose himself, nor to put me under useless trouble.

HR
    L: Lady
    M: Me

L: She introduced herself.
    L: Why you want to join TCS.
    M: Ma'am, it's not a streamlined product based company. I see it undertaking various projects and I can always find something that interests me.

L: Then why TCS. Infosys/Wipro, all do the same thing. (She literally nailed me here)
    M: I gave a logical answer. I told her that TCS convinced me that it's the right company to work for.

L: Then if any other company would convince you that they are better, you'll shift?
    M: Ma'am, this is how the entire corporate sector works.

L: You aware of TCS policy?
    M: Yes

L: Why should I believe that you'll follow it?
    M: I respect human hours. Since you have given your time to me, I'll definitely reciprocate.

L: You have any issues in relocating in any other part?
    M: No, not at all.

L: Thank you.

PS: The best part of this was that TCS was the first company visiting the Campus & I got the job offer, making it my first placement too.

As of now. Because this was the first company visiting our campus.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

first of all a tough aptitute test is conducted but cutoff is low as compared to standard of paper
    after aptitude technical round is conducted..people who clears technical round are sent for management round followed by HR round

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

The oncampus recruitment process was held for 2 days. Aptitude was moderate. It consisted of all the standard questions but will be moderately difficult to understand them. Once understood, the answers can be found immediately or 30 second max.
    The interview process for me was held for 15min. They asked me basic questions from database management system and core java. Both of which have been used in the projects I did during my academic years.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college and the process took 2 days.There were 3 rounds of interviews:
    1) Written Test
     part -1 : we were given a topic and were asked to write a business email.The minimum word limit is 50 words and the time limit is 10 min.
    My topic is to put a mail to the higher authorities regarding the dissatisfaction of the employees for the poor working environment.

part - 2: It consisted of 30 questions with a time duration of 80 min.The questions were mainly from ages,time and distance,time and work,fractions,geometry,directions,data interpretation and few logical reasoning questions.
    There were 2 questions which carried 2 marks and were indicated with start marks.Other questions carried 1 mark each.
    There was negative marking of 1/3 of marks allotted to question.

2)Technical Interview: For all the students who cleared the written test there was a technical interview.
    They asked questions based on the subjects of interest mention in the CV.
    They asked me to write a program for fibonocci series using recursion,difference between definition and declaration of variables, difference between structures and unions,difference between c and c++,
    friend functions in C,defintion of OOP concepts like polymorphism,abstraction etc
    Few questions on OS were also asked like why do we need a memory hierrarchy,differnces between RAM and ROM,memory paging,concept of swapping,virtual memory,zoombie process,life cycle of a thread,advantages of threads and Normalization in DBMS.
    They also asked me about cloud computing since i mentioned in my resume that i have presented a paper on cloud computing

3) HR Interview: HR interview was very casual.They asked few questions to know what i knew about their company.They also asked me about my hobbies,my role model,whether i am willing to relocate to any place and the TCS policy.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were basic,if we are good with our basics,we can easily crack it   Answer Question

Assistant Software Engineer Interview

The selection process contains
    1> Online aptitude-verbal test

2> Three types of interview

i> Technical Interview - They mostly asked about your favourite languages as you describe in resume and about your projects
    ii>Managerial Interview - They gave you some situation of particular company and check how would you overcome/solve this situation/problem
    iii>HR Interview - They asked you basic HR questions

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in December 2012.

Interview for 3+ years web technologies
    1) - Technical basic questions - telephonic
    2) - Technical core skills questions - telephonic (after 4 - 5 days)
    3) - Project Managerial - F2F (after 5 - 6 days)
    3) - HR discussion for offer and all - F2F (same day)

Yes 10 - 12%

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2011.

Campus hiring with 3 round of interviews with easy and prompt round of initial communication details.The interview process started with written test which has aptitude based questions followed with domain and HR interview questions,

Interview Questions
    • Questions asked were business/academic domain related with few real scenario examples   Answer Question

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!