Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015
2,799 Interview Reviews

2.8

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Three level of interview process.
    Technical - was very difficult and very detailed, they asked me about C programming and some mehcanical questions.
    HR - Very clear and gave suggestions for improvement on the things that I lacked.
    Management - generic question like why TCS? Why not Infosys etc

Application

Interview

it is basically a single round interview with all the rounds. and asked about database design. They also asked about team management questions. There are three people in the panel asking about different types of questions.

Interview Questions

• how to avoid redundancy in database without any schema constraints, use any sql command   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

First objective round with 30 questions, followed by the project manager in TCS and the last round with the HR person. Went on well, same day interview process and the result announced on the same day..

Interview Questions

• About my experience, vlookup and reconciliation methods   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

two round interview, technical and if you clear technical interview, you have HR interview. technical went for 30 minutes and HR went for 20 minutes. It was nice experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I was refereed by an employee and HR contacted me a few days later to set up a Skype HR/Behavior type interview. HR interview went well and the HR person was very nice and set up a technical interview. The technical interview went well I answered all the questions and got a job offer 3 business days later.

Interview Questions

• HR interview was easy they just asked questions based on your previous projects and situations in a team environment. Technical interview was kind of easy as well they asked you what language you are most comfortable with and they will test you on that. I chose java and they asked questions based on OOP fundamentals.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate I was more than happy with their offer.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview Questions

• Easy Interview .. They don't what they are looking, For the sake of it they took interview.. They called me and said some opening is there, I went there and they asked me to wait for almost 60 Mins.. I waited there and few guys came and had causal talk.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Consisted of college meeting and phone interview, which seemed primarily focussed on gauging passion and communication abilities. This was followed by the usual paperwork and a background check. Everyone was friendly, and I felt the process was quite smooth and relaxed. There seemed to be a focus on passion to learn and ability to work well with various cultures.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the ______ project you worked on.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Princeton, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I was a phone interview to explain the position and the location but they did not have a position open at this moment close to where I leave and i was not planning to relocate. The recruter said that will keep my information and in about two month will get back to me with to discuss new openings in my area

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed very briefly by a recruiter and the delivery manager of a project even though I was coming on as a contractor, this was very simple and not a real evaluation of any kind in my opinion. I was hired and worked on a project for only 3 weeks and was offered full time employment which I'm currently just beginning the process of converting. The first couple weeks seemed to be a trial period in which they evaluated your skills and how you presented yourself. Other people were weeded out during this process and on this particular project there seems to be quite a bit of potential to move up as they bring more people on board if you have the skills and are reliable.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if I was committed to possible long hours until the project got off the ground.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview Questions

• very dump questions asked. It was easy like hell. They said they are working with latest technologies but reality is just opposite. Communication skills of interviwer were pathetic. It seems they need to join some english speaking course.   Answer Question