Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015
3,061 Interview Reviews

2.8

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

First round was a pure aptitude test and most of the students were able to clear it as we were given intensive training on aptitude. Second round was just an Interview and it was completely technical and they asked questions from my resume and also from my areas of interest in detail.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

They covered all important technical concepts about OOPS, .Net, C#, Sql Server. Overall experience was good. There was a round of client interview following that. Client interview was mostly on previous projects architecture and managerial round.

Interview Questions

• OOPS concepts such as Runtime Overloading and Compile time overloading, Inheritance, Interfaces   Answer Question

Oracle Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Technical and HR Round followed by management round followed by salary discussion with HR. You need to negotiate for your salary and your designation and role plus onsite assignment.

Interview Questions

• Average difficulty level questions. on oracle database and plsql and about you current project   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Interview

got the opportunity through university recruiting. Three level of interview process. Technical - was very difficult and very detailed, they asked me about C programming and some mehcanical questions. HR - Very clear and gave suggestions for improvement on the things that I lacked. Management - generic question like why TCS? Why not Infosys etc

.NET SUPPORT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was 1st round and have been interviewed by 3 persons shooting questions one after another. It was a Junior support role but felt they asked too much technical like a Senior role or architecture role. They sounded very unprofessional because I can see them giggling often and back chatting during the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Interviewed with various peers. All were thorough and professional. There was nothing out of the ordinary about the questions or the process. Phone screen with recruiter plus multiple one on one interviews with various managers and directors, then an interview with the division head. Had one or two onsite visits.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Just a review of experience from my resume.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Application

Interview

it is basically a single round interview with all the rounds. and asked about database design. They also asked about team management questions. There are three people in the panel asking about different types of questions.

Interview Questions

• how to avoid redundancy in database without any schema constraints, use any sql command   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

First objective round with 30 questions, followed by the project manager in TCS and the last round with the HR person. Went on well, same day interview process and the result announced on the same day..

Interview Questions

• About my experience, vlookup and reconciliation methods   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I was refereed by an employee and HR contacted me a few days later to set up a Skype HR/Behavior type interview. HR interview went well and the HR person was very nice and set up a technical interview. The technical interview went well I answered all the questions and got a job offer 3 business days later.

Interview Questions

• HR interview was easy they just asked questions based on your previous projects and situations in a team environment. Technical interview was kind of easy as well they asked you what language you are most comfortable with and they will test you on that. I chose java and they asked questions based on OOP fundamentals.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate I was more than happy with their offer.