Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
2,231 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Tata Consultancy Services did not impress me. Their recruiters were late to Skype interviews and contacted me from a different time zone without tell me.

I contacted Tata from an email regarding an online career fair which was the equivalent of a chat room. I submitted the required documents and was eventually contacted by email.

I asked for 1 pm interview but was asked at 11 am to interview because it happens that the recruiter lives on the East Coast and I lived on the West Coast.

There was an initial phone screen with Skype. This was full of personal questions and project questions:

Ex: What was your most challenging question and what did you learn from it?

STAR type questions. Very relaxed and no pressure if you had interviews before.

The next interview was a technical phone interview. The interviewer asked me very simple data structures and algorithms questions. This was done with a web app that allowed me to view the questions/information associated with the question. I remember there being questions on tree traversal which I easily got thanks to my data structures class.

Interview Questions

Bad Location of Cleveland and low salary of 57k.

Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee Interview

Campus interview. One technical round and one HR round.
    Both were easy.
    They annonced results on the very next day. Recruitment was very smooth.
    Campus interview. One technical round and one HR round.
    Both were easy.
    They annonced results on the very next day. Recruitment was very smooth.

Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee Interview

3 rounds,1st written test basically quantitative aptitude-easy enough.
    then technical interview basically resume based questions and basic questions about subjects you read.
    HR interview basically personal questions like tell me about yourself,do you have any problem in shifting etc..
    just be confident and you will get through...

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

initial communications were very good, the written test was good and easy. the interviews were elaborate but good questions.a long wait for the interviews though. took two days of campus interview process and got selected. very happy with the process.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Just one written round and one in person. Since TCS is a mass recruiting company, it hires most graduates from tier-B or tier-C colleges in India in huge numbers.

In my college, around 400 students took the written test. Almost everyone cleared that. After the in person interview(which was conducted in mass too. I was sitting with the interviewer in a hall with around 50 more candidates and interviewers.

Not many technical questions. Most questions are like (swap 2 nos without using a 3rd variable).
    Selection is purely random.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding the Tv shows I watch and magazines I read.
      Plus standard questions like "why TCS"
        Answer Question
    No negotiation. TCS does not negotiate with recent graduates. Salary is fixed . If you have no other choice , join , or else reject their offer. They dont care. There are always people to fill the void. Moreover, the quality of work does not demand a very skillful employee.

Systems Engineer Interview

3 rounds of interview on same day. Started from morning 9am till night 9pm. One Technical, One with Manager and one final HR round.
    In technical(30 mins) they asked 90% about java and J2EE as thats my expertise. Many tough questions on multi threading.
    Second round - 20 mins (no technical here)
    third round - half an hour - had long discussion(read negotiation) about salary

Interview Questions
    • Explain Synchronization...followed by many counter questions   View Answer

IT Analyst Interview

I was recruited on campus visit.There was one written exam followed by personal interview. Both written and interview was of average difficulty, they asked logical questions on technology and some puzzles. They immediately gave offer letter immediately, and the joining letter followed before I could finish my graduation.

There was no negotiation for on campus recruit.

Systems Engineer Interview

I was interviewed through campus.It was a cakewalk because I had good communication skills.Initially they do also take a assessment quiz with Maths and logical section. Assessment Quiz was more so available on internet or check with sample questions.They are generally on the same pattern.

Interview Questions
    • They generally look for good communication skills with some bit of logical thinking.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

1 day interview and 8 rounds of interview
    CLR
    WCF
    Odata
    java
    JVM and also many more technology questions
    Internet N/W routing questions

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

Campus interview. One face-face interview. Some OOP questions. Also there were questions related to electrical engineering. Interview lasted for about 20 minutes. The interviewer was not that enthusiastic. Some questions were from other department courses I took in my first year. Finally, there was a question about difference between arrays and structures.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about some of my first-year courses - Civil, mechanical etc.   View Answer