Tata Consultancy Services

1,977 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer

I applied online and interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – telephonic, got a call from the technical person from TCS and took the interview for almost an hour and asked about my current project roles and responsibilities and asked about the location and explained about their project requirements and then asked the questions

Interview Question – asked about design pattern, structs workflow, basic core java questions   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – Three steps for Hiring process : 1. Basic aptitude Written test ; 2. Technical round ; 3. HR round
Overall this is easy and smooth process. No stress and emphasize on technical. They will check 5 TCS values in your personality.

Interview Question – Be serious if they ask about : what do you know about TCS. Its not a semi government kind of company that you could accidentally or bluntly say to them. interview will be easy checking more about personal aspects instead of technical aspects   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interview Details – I approached them at a school fair. They looked over my resume and were searching for key words in the resume. Like programming languages used (especially JAVA) and GPA. Once they determined I was a candidate they scheduled a second interview. In the second interview there was two representatives interviewing. Once was a Software Engineer with the company and the other was the Campus Recruiter. They asked me questions about my likes and disliked. They also asked if I was willing to re-locate out of my area. Then they asked me questions specific to the languages that I had on my resume. Once complete I waited 3-4 weeks before they contacted me with an offer.

Interview Question – When you compile C code, when happens?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't want to move after all. They require moving, even though they had positions open in my area. They gave them to other people.

Systems Engineer/Architect Interview

Systems Engineer/Architect
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2014.

Interview Details – Communication very informal and unprofessional. Inappropriate request of proprietary information. Several quickly scheduled calls asking for proprietary information.
Calls with Business Manager Partner and HR. The partner and proposal leads asked for proprietary vendor specifications to be used in a bid.

Interview Question – Can you provide vendor proprietary product specifications to be used in a proposal   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – Had three phone interviews, one in person for several hours. First interview was basic recruiting discussion, not much detail. Other interviews became more specific and lengthy. One interview was from a person not related to my job, which was awkward. Last interview was a fly-in to another city, almost 4 hours.

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2014.

Interview Details – Phone screen, interview then series of multiple interviews in a single visit onsite. I found the process to be lackluster - when I arrived for interviews they seem unprepared for me. There was no post interview follow up on their end, including my travel reimbursement. I had to pursue travel reimbursement as well as status on candidacy. I received a five word sentence to let me know they were not interested. It's OK if not a good fit but did not feel was treated in professional manner. If they want to succeed in attracting US talent, they will need to do more.

Interview Question – Give me an example of how you failed in the past year   Answer Question

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Biomedical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – It seemed to be very unorganized. The first interview was via skype and went well. Just very basic, normal interview questions. I was told that I was moving on to the technical interview process (basic stuff about your technical experience) and would be contacted shortly. After the technical interview I was told I would be notified in 2 days about whether or not I got the job. I was not. I called them and asked them, I was told they were still deciding. I was told they would DEFINITELY be done by the next day. They weren't. This went on for about a week. Finally, I was told I got the job, but they did not adhere to my requested location OR start date.

Reason for Declining – Company seemed unprofessional and they didn't adhere to my start date or location requests. They offered little to no help with relocation (and only gave me 4 days to move across the country and find a place to live). Pay check was nice, but it wasn't enough to make up for everything else.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2014.

Interview Details – One behavioral interview followed by a technical interview. Both over the phone. The technical interviewer quizzed me on skills I had mentioned in my resume (Java and SQL). Study OO and SQL basics.

Interview Question – Difference between JVM and JRE, difference between Overloading and Overriding.   Answer Question

Computer Programmer Interview

Computer Programmer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – It was an on campus recruitment. We first had a round of aptitude test which was the major screening process only 100 out of 500 applicants were selected. Then 2-3 technical rounds of interview with different panel was held the next day. If you perform satisfactory in the technical rounds then you would be called for the hr round, there was 2 hr round and at the end 60 of us finally got recruited.

Interview Question – Work on the DS very well as they may ask you to code the typical ds. How to take input and print the same with the length of the string using a print statement in C. traversing the tree using iterative method.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst

Interview Details – TCS hiring and interview process they ask you with very basic questions and then evaluate you based on how strong ur basics are.they do evaluation based on ur exp. if you more exp then they ask questions on how good u r in leading the team or managing the team.

Interview Question – wat is tcs.wat do u know about tcs   Answer Question

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!