Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015
3,034 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Hyderābād (India)) in August 2010.

Interview

I wrote written test in Hyderabad on 29-08-10.Test pattern is 35 aptitude questions the time period is 60 min...It was tough ..Questions are very lengthy and time consuming..But most of the answers should be in last 3 and 4 lines only..

Interview Questions

• Difference between two numbers is 12.and product of two numbers is 24.find the sun of the squares of the two numbers?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2011.

Interview

Campus recruitment. The process was bit tough...Each stage ,needs too much effort to get over. There were four rounds 1)Aptitude Test. 2)Technical Round. 3)HR Round. 4)Personal Interview.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Pune (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

it was purely two technical round in which I cleared first round but fail to clear second round.

Interview Questions

• difference between stored procedure and functions?   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Pune (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

I got call to schedule 1:1 round on weekend. I went to their place. After about 1.5 hours they called me for panel discussion. It went for more than 2 hours. Everything they asked about Techanical only. Interviwers were good, they were trying to understand the thing, helpful in nature. After clearing that round, hr guys asked me to wait for Mangers Round. It started after waiting for 3 hours. It went for 30 min with managerial and technical question. After clearing second round HR discussed with me about compensations

Interview Questions

• Explain complete architecture of the modules developed   Answer Question
    • You are working in another domain. How can we consider your experience in our domain?   Answer Question

Very Less compensation offered over current salary

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chennai (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

Campus recuirtment drive sep 2010

Interview Questions

• Describe about the various layers in TCP/IP model   1 Answer

SQL Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chennai (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

Very difficult

Interview Questions

• How will you construct the database for 1000 users and what its size?   1 Answer
    • How will you retrieve the crashed database?   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chennai (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview will be very transparent and the selection of the candidates is purely depended on the score. For freshers they conduct training and the they keep the assessment. Candidates will be selected only if they clear the assessment. Wish all good luck for upcoming candidates.

Interview Questions

• Analytical set of questions were the tuff ones.   1 Answer
    • General Discussion is very important round.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Shifts and Salary should always be negotiable...when you look for growth and job in big brands like TCS.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhilai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bhilai (India)) in May 2008.

Interview

Got selected in campus recruitment,there were 3 rounds- written, technical and HR Written was hard .Candidate should be well prepared in aptitude,also prepare sample TCS papers technical was 1.5 hours based on branch related questions Finally , HR interview was just 10 mins .

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madurai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Madurai (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

Online test and HR interview are interview process. The test contains aptitude and verbal test. The HR contains technical also.

Interview Questions

• The test is more difficult. all questions are very tough   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer-trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vijayawāda (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Vijayawāda (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

It was done in 4 rounds i.e written, Tr ,Mr & Hr...long processs unlike previous years.They mainly concentrated on techinical skills and communication skills.If u r able to xpress ur feelings fluently in english ur half done with selection process..

Interview Questions

• They asked me who is ur favourate her...I said mahesh babu ...immediately he gave a piece of paper and pen to write the story of "YUVARAJU" movie which was released 12 years back....   Answer Question