Tata Consultancy Services

1,979 candidate interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2010.

Interview Details – I wrote written test in Hyderabad on 29-08-10.Test pattern is 35 aptitude questions the time period is 60 min...It was tough ..Questions are very lengthy and time consuming..But most of the answers should be in last 3 and 4 lines only..

Interview Question – Difference between two numbers is 12.and product of two numbers is 24.find the sun of the squares of the two numbers?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2011.

Interview Details – Campus recruitment.
The process was bit tough...Each stage ,needs too much effort to get over.
There were four rounds 1)Aptitude
Test. 2)Technical Round. 3)HR Round. 4)Personal Interview.

Interview Question – Permutation questions   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2012.

Interview Details – I got call to schedule 1:1 round on weekend. I went to their place. After about 1.5 hours they called me for panel discussion. It went for more than 2 hours. Everything they asked about Techanical only. Interviwers were good, they were trying to understand the thing, helpful in nature.

After clearing that round, hr guys asked me to wait for Mangers Round. It started after waiting for 3 hours. It went for 30 min with managerial and technical question.

After clearing second round HR discussed with me about compensations

Interview Questions

• Explain complete architecture of the modules developed   Answer Question
  • You are working in another domain. How can we consider your experience in our domain?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Very Less compensation offered over current salary

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead
Pune (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2011.

Interview Details – it was purely two technical round in which I cleared first round but fail to clear second round.

Interview Question – difference between stored procedure and functions?   View Answer

SQL Database Administrator Interview

SQL Database Administrator
Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2012.

Interview Details – Very difficult

Interview Questions

• How will you construct the database for 1000 users and what its size?   View Answer
  • How will you retrieve the crashed database?   View Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Chennai (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview will be very transparent and the selection of the candidates is purely depended on the score. For freshers they conduct training and the they keep the assessment. Candidates will be selected only if they clear the assessment. Wish all good luck for upcoming candidates.

Interview Questions

• Analytical set of questions were the tuff ones.   View Answer
  • General Discussion is very important round.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Shifts and Salary should always be negotiable...when you look for growth and job in big brands like TCS.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2010.

Interview Details – Campus recuirtment drive sep 2010

Interview Question – Describe about the various layers in TCP/IP model   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Bhilai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2008.

Interview Details – Got selected in campus recruitment,there were 3 rounds- written, technical and HR
Written was hard .Candidate should be well prepared in aptitude,also prepare sample TCS papers
technical was 1.5 hours based on branch related questions
Finally , HR interview was just 10 mins .

Interview Question – no difficult questions   View Answer

Assistant Systems Engineer-trainee Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer-trainee
Vijayawāda (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2012.

Interview Details – It was done in 4 rounds i.e written, Tr ,Mr & Hr...long processs unlike previous years.They mainly concentrated on techinical skills and communication skills.If u r able to xpress ur feelings fluently in english ur half done with selection process..

Interview Question – They asked me who is ur favourate her...I said mahesh babu ...immediately he gave a piece of paper and pen to write the story of "YUVARAJU" movie which was released 12 years back....   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst
Madurai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2012.

Interview Details – Online test and HR interview are interview process. The test contains aptitude and verbal test. The HR contains technical also.

Interview Question – The test is more difficult. all questions are very tough   Answer Question

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!