Tata Consultancy Services

Updated Apr 22, 2014

Getting the Interview

1,814 candidate interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – initial aptitude test and a english test( write a report).
guy from core branch. all questions asked were from c
occasional random questions from your stream: especially to people from core like mech, civil and elec.
wasn't interviewed for hr. some interviewers were very friendly and some were totally disinterested.

Interview Question – why computer science when you are from core?   Answer Question

Process Associate At Tcs Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – everything will be sweet in interview , but the false promises are given which in return are not answered at all

Interview Question – nothing difficult..it all depends on the requirement   Answer Question

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – Applied through off campus mode. Written test had a letter writing round of 10 minutes. Used all given words in the question. This round was followed by aptitude test. The test was difficult than expected.

Interview Question – x2<1/100 and x>0 . What is the highest range in which x can lie?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – Career Fair on Campus got me a interview. Was with a HR and aTechnical person who asked various questions. Technical was just OOC basics easily studied. AFter the interview they seemed very friendly and assured I would be getting a call to come to their campus. After a few weeks they then emailed me and set up a Smart Start that I applied for. Few days before the Smart Start they said my GPA was not up to standards and that I would not be considered for the position.

Interview Question – Very simple c++ question. Only asked one question and I went into detail which then answered his whole list of questions   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – It was an offcampus interview.
First we have to get registered on its portal and submit the application,then we receive the admit card for return exam(aptitude).
Interview process-
Written
Technical round
Management Round
HR round

Elimination will be in all round.

Interview Question – Being a Mechanical Engineer why do you want to join IT firm?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – hiring was smooth as i was hired as fresher

Interview Question – personal questions were unexpected   Answer Question

Interview Details – There was only two rounds
1.technical round
2.HR round

Interview Question – no difficult question...everything was easy   Answer Question

Interview Details – Aptitude test + verbal ability test + 3 interviews

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Biller Interview

Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – 3 Steps: Technical interview, human resources interview, manager interview.

1) how is made an invoice, main its characteristics. if and how my cv may fit with the position. Some question about simple command of Excel and how was my level of Office in general

2) "classic" interview: my 3 strengths and my 3 weaknesses. How would I feel myself in a multicultural environment.

3) where would I see myself in 3/5 years.

Interview Question – nothing was difficult   Answer Question

Programmer Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – After initial short listing by the recruitment agency, the next stage was a 1-1 interview with the hiring manager. Most of the questions were straightforward as you would expect for the role. Though I was selected for the final stage, did not pursue due to the reason that I already received offer from another company.

Interview Question – All questions are as expected for the role   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tata Consultancy Services

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tata Consultancy Services interview questions and advice. All 1,814 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tata Consultancy Services employees and interview candidates.