Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

2,251 Interview Reviews

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2014.

Met at university career fair, signed up for an interview at the recruiter there. Went to the interview the following week on campus, they called it a "java interview".

Interview Questions
    • What are five more important concepts you have learned while programming Java. It wasn't a difficult question, but a lot of the ideas mingle together so I was having a hard time separating them.   Answer Question

The salary seemed low and I still had many interviews to do with other companies. It wasn't a flat out decline, but more pending as I told them I was going to think about it.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

1 day interview and 8 rounds of interview
    CLR
    WCF
    Odata
    java
    JVM and also many more technology questions
    Internet N/W routing questions

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

Campus interview. One face-face interview. Some OOP questions. Also there were questions related to electrical engineering. Interview lasted for about 20 minutes. The interviewer was not that enthusiastic. Some questions were from other department courses I took in my first year. Finally, there was a question about difference between arrays and structures.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about some of my first-year courses - Civil, mechanical etc.   View Answer

ASE Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

college /university placement - that was quick. However there was a long wait time before i could actually join the company after graduating. The join date was almost 4 months after graduation, many others who got placed here decided to pursue other options.

none

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

It was an on-campus interview. First round was Aptitude test on day 1. Most of the questions were from barrons (GRE book). Next day there was one technical round following by HR round.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2014.

Whole process was dragged out for about two months. Initially met their HR through a virtual career fair. Sent in an application via email and asked to do a Skype interview a couple of weeks afterward. Well, the first two Skype interviews were rescheduled, then fell through because they had "issues with their Skype". Finally contacted again after about two weeks and did the Skype interview. Mostly further questions about the resume and some questions about why Tata, what do you expect to gain from this position, etc. Contacted again a week and a half later with a GPA calculation form. Received a phone call immediately after sending it in, saying they would send an offer within two weeks. Unusually did not get technical interview. Waiting to hear back.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Spoke to a Campus Recruiter at a career fair at my university. Had the interview 3 weeks after the career fair with four interviews. The interview was very relaxed and they mostly talked about how the process of becoming a software engineer required six weeks of training in Java.
    Got a call about two weeks later with an offer. No second interview required.

Was allowed to choose from about 3-4 locations to work from. No salary negotiation.

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

The first level of screening was a written test. The test had different sections and it was full of objective type questions. We need to get the minimum score demanded to get to the next level of technical interview. Once the technical interview is cleared, next comes the HR interview. The HR interview, which is the 3rd level of screening decides our entry into TCS.

Be ready to face the challenge and hecticness at work

.NET Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Three rounds of interviews including two technical and one project manager interview. The second round of technical interview is a bit tough.it might take atleasty 15 days to process the offer.

20 days

Computer Programmer Interview

Have to undergo written test for logic. Had a round of technical interview on C and C + + and Java and cleared. Also had a HR interview and also cleared the same.................