Tata Consultancy Services

Updated Dec 15, 2014
2,368 Interview Reviews

2.8

Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee Interview

3 rounds,1st written test basically quantitative aptitude-easy enough.
    then technical interview basically resume based questions and basic questions about subjects you read.
    HR interview basically personal questions like tell me about yourself,do you have any problem in shifting etc..
    just be confident and you will get through...

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

initial communications were very good, the written test was good and easy. the interviews were elaborate but good questions.a long wait for the interviews though. took two days of campus interview process and got selected. very happy with the process.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Just one written round and one in person. Since TCS is a mass recruiting company, it hires most graduates from tier-B or tier-C colleges in India in huge numbers.

In my college, around 400 students took the written test. Almost everyone cleared that. After the in person interview(which was conducted in mass too. I was sitting with the interviewer in a hall with around 50 more candidates and interviewers.

Not many technical questions. Most questions are like (swap 2 nos without using a 3rd variable).
    Selection is purely random.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding the Tv shows I watch and magazines I read.
      Plus standard questions like "why TCS"

Answer Question
    No negotiation. TCS does not negotiate with recent graduates. Salary is fixed . If you have no other choice , join , or else reject their offer. They dont care. There are always people to fill the void. Moreover, the quality of work does not demand a very skillful employee.

Systems Engineer Interview

3 rounds of interview on same day. Started from morning 9am till night 9pm. One Technical, One with Manager and one final HR round.
    In technical(30 mins) they asked 90% about java and J2EE as thats my expertise. Many tough questions on multi threading.
    Second round - 20 mins (no technical here)
    third round - half an hour - had long discussion(read negotiation) about salary

Interview Questions
    • Explain Synchronization...followed by many counter questions   View Answer

IT Analyst Interview

I was recruited on campus visit.There was one written exam followed by personal interview. Both written and interview was of average difficulty, they asked logical questions on technology and some puzzles. They immediately gave offer letter immediately, and the joining letter followed before I could finish my graduation.

There was no negotiation for on campus recruit.

Systems Engineer Interview

I was interviewed through campus.It was a cakewalk because I had good communication skills.Initially they do also take a assessment quiz with Maths and logical section. Assessment Quiz was more so available on internet or check with sample questions.They are generally on the same pattern.

Interview Questions
    • They generally look for good communication skills with some bit of logical thinking.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2014.

Met at university career fair, signed up for an interview at the recruiter there. Went to the interview the following week on campus, they called it a "java interview".

Interview Questions
    • What are five more important concepts you have learned while programming Java. It wasn't a difficult question, but a lot of the ideas mingle together so I was having a hard time separating them.   Answer Question

The salary seemed low and I still had many interviews to do with other companies. It wasn't a flat out decline, but more pending as I told them I was going to think about it.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

1 day interview and 8 rounds of interview
    CLR
    WCF
    Odata
    java
    JVM and also many more technology questions
    Internet N/W routing questions

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

Campus interview. One face-face interview. Some OOP questions. Also there were questions related to electrical engineering. Interview lasted for about 20 minutes. The interviewer was not that enthusiastic. Some questions were from other department courses I took in my first year. Finally, there was a question about difference between arrays and structures.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about some of my first-year courses - Civil, mechanical etc.   View Answer

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

It was an on-campus interview. First round was Aptitude test on day 1. Most of the questions were from barrons (GRE book). Next day there was one technical round following by HR round.