Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
2,518 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2015.

Came to college career fair, was setting up interviews for the following day on campus. They said about 2 weeks to hear back. I got a call a week later offering me a job and saying that I would have 2 weeks to accept the job offer that would be emailed to me. The job offer took a week to be emailed to me and they only gave me a week to accept or decline. They did not mention that the 2 week time period started from the phone call offer. I had almost no time to review the benefits or the policies for the company. The offer was also very middle of the road. Not a bad offer just not enough to stand out.

Interview Questions
    • Typical HR questions and technical questions for the position.   Answer Question

Between the face that they only gave me a week to review the offer when they said I would have 2, and the policies of employment being very strict. No working for a list of companies (about 6) or any clients you have done work for up to a year after employment as well as without their express permission you can not do any business with anyone else (no independent work).

Junior Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Campus recruitment. My college under VTU had arranged for on-campus recruitment with TCS. The company hired 72 of us. The process was very methodical and each round was a knockout round. The sequence was Written test, Technical and then finally HR round.

Higher education

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

There was an aptitude test followed by three rounds of interviews. The questions were pretty basic and straightforward. Most of them were related to the resume,your projects,past work experience and few easy C++ questions.On and all a good experience.

Software Engineer Interview

it was good contains a lot of technical disussions ,& then client interview , process is a little slow , to get your offer letter released.the rest is fine , working here is a good experience

good

Software Quality Assurance Engineer and Testers Interview

Basic testing methodologies, basic SDLC life cycle manual testing methodologies ,black box, grey box, documentation related questions.On previous projects, what kind of work/jobs /roles/ responsibilities/any critical scenario and handling the same.

IT Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview process was fast and had two technical rounds followed by the HR round. Extending offer letter took 2 weeks of time. please have a clear communication on how they are going to process your H1 b transfer. For me there was a confusion , i was told that premium transfer they will do but later i ended up paying for same.

ITA Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

1st phase will be Written test, If you crossed the first hurdle then a panel of team will take Technical Interview. Final round will be managerial round where Human resource will ask your opinions.

Interview Questions
    • Written test is based on GRE barron's book and then go with basic C, java and questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

The interview duration was 45 min .it consist of behavioural interview questions and some technical questions related to computer software developement. there were some surprise scenario problem solving related to computer networks.

Interview Questions
    • trick questions related computer networks and java programming   Answer Question
    Are you willing to anywhere in India

IT Analyst Interview

Had 3 rounds of interview. Technical interviews were a bit tough. Final discussion with manager was more towards attitude and work ethics. Overall the process was good. Got feedback in 2 days, which was really cool.

Interview Questions
    They have predefined numbers for pay and benifits

Assistant Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Not fool proof hiring process method, will take in bulk and may not be able to provide project once you join in. 2 round of interview, first round technical and second round managerial and then person go for HR discussion and salary negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • most difficult scenario you faced in development process.   Answer Question