Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2012.

External recruiter was used. The interviews were very very short, not very technical. The hiring process was extremely confusing. The position was temporary out of state but they tried to have me relocate for $4,000!

Interview Questions
    I was really looking for contract work but was offered what was essentially a contract but with all expenses paid, so I never negotiated the salary, alas.
    So it was just their offer and I said fine.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Chester, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2014.

When I started job hunt, I was not getting any calls by applying to company websites directly. Even on linked in, dice jobs I was not getting calls for full time opportunity. My resume was picked up by one of consulting companies and they submitted my profile to TCS.
    With TCS I had very good discussion with the current managers, I was interviewed on my expertise, work experiences, challenges, reason for leaving the current employer after such a long time etc.

Interview Questions
    • I think one of tricky question was - Having status of Permanent Resident; why am I joining a outsourcing company   View Answer

Java Developer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

telephonic, got a call from the technical person from TCS and took the interview for almost an hour and asked about my current project roles and responsibilities and asked about the location and explained about their project requirements and then asked the questions

Interview Questions
    • asked about design pattern, structs workflow, basic core java questions   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Three steps for Hiring process : 1. Basic aptitude Written test ; 2. Technical round ; 3. HR round
    Overall this is easy and smooth process. No stress and emphasize on technical. They will check 5 TCS values in your personality.

Interview Questions
    • Be serious if they ask about : what do you know about TCS. Its not a semi government kind of company that you could accidentally or bluntly say to them. interview will be easy checking more about personal aspects instead of technical aspects   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I approached them at a school fair. They looked over my resume and were searching for key words in the resume. Like programming languages used (especially JAVA) and GPA. Once they determined I was a candidate they scheduled a second interview. In the second interview there was two representatives interviewing. Once was a Software Engineer with the company and the other was the Campus Recruiter. They asked me questions about my likes and disliked. They also asked if I was willing to re-locate out of my area. Then they asked me questions specific to the languages that I had on my resume. Once complete I waited 3-4 weeks before they contacted me with an offer.

Interview Questions

I didn't want to move after all. They require moving, even though they had positions open in my area. They gave them to other people.

Systems Engineer/Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2014.

Communication very informal and unprofessional. Inappropriate request of proprietary information. Several quickly scheduled calls asking for proprietary information.
    Calls with Business Manager Partner and HR. The partner and proposal leads asked for proprietary vendor specifications to be used in a bid.

Interview Questions
    • Can you provide vendor proprietary product specifications to be used in a proposal   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Had three phone interviews, one in person for several hours. First interview was basic recruiting discussion, not much detail. Other interviews became more specific and lengthy. One interview was from a person not related to my job, which was awkward. Last interview was a fly-in to another city, almost 4 hours.

Marketing Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2014.

Phone screen, interview then series of multiple interviews in a single visit onsite. I found the process to be lackluster - when I arrived for interviews they seem unprepared for me. There was no post interview follow up on their end, including my travel reimbursement. I had to pursue travel reimbursement as well as status on candidacy. I received a five word sentence to let me know they were not interested. It's OK if not a good fit but did not feel was treated in professional manner. If they want to succeed in attracting US talent, they will need to do more.

Biomedical Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

It seemed to be very unorganized. The first interview was via skype and went well. Just very basic, normal interview questions. I was told that I was moving on to the technical interview process (basic stuff about your technical experience) and would be contacted shortly. After the technical interview I was told I would be notified in 2 days about whether or not I got the job. I was not. I called them and asked them, I was told they were still deciding. I was told they would DEFINITELY be done by the next day. They weren't. This went on for about a week. Finally, I was told I got the job, but they did not adhere to my requested location OR start date.

Company seemed unprofessional and they didn't adhere to my start date or location requests. They offered little to no help with relocation (and only gave me 4 days to move across the country and find a place to live). Pay check was nice, but it wasn't enough to make up for everything else.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2014.

One behavioral interview followed by a technical interview. Both over the phone. The technical interviewer quizzed me on skills I had mentioned in my resume (Java and SQL). Study OO and SQL basics.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between JVM and JRE, difference between Overloading and Overriding.   Answer Question