Tata Consultancy Services

Updated Nov 19, 2014
2,307 Interview Reviews

2.8

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

The first level of screening was a written test. The test had different sections and it was full of objective type questions. We need to get the minimum score demanded to get to the next level of technical interview. Once the technical interview is cleared, next comes the HR interview. The HR interview, which is the 3rd level of screening decides our entry into TCS.

Be ready to face the challenge and hecticness at work

.NET Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Three rounds of interviews including two technical and one project manager interview. The second round of technical interview is a bit tough.it might take atleasty 15 days to process the offer.

20 days

Computer Programmer Interview

Have to undergo written test for logic. Had a round of technical interview on C and C + + and Java and cleared. Also had a HR interview and also cleared the same.................

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

I was recruited as part of the University placement drive and the selection process consisted of three phases:

1) The written Test(120 minutes)

2) The Technical Interview(Usually around 20 minutes or lesser for a fresh undergraduate but exceptions are possible)

3) The HR Interview(usually around 20 minutes or less)

P.S:
    There may also be another extra round called "Management round" after the technical Interview but the likeliness of conducting the management round is dependent on the hiring team's availability of time.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer gives you a small random scenario and asks you to write an alogorithm for the presented case.   View Answer

Engineer Interview

was campus recruitment process and was thru test and interview. It is the standard process probably followed in many colleges. TCS is one of the highest takers of students from colleges and provides training to them to make them ready for the software industry.

OpenText Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2014.

TCS advertised a position called "OpenText Developer", however the job description was vague and had zero to do regarding "development" and had much more to do with systems analysis. It did turn out to be a developer position after all, but they really need to improve their job descriptions -- you can never be certain of you are applying for a position based on title or based on the description. Just a word of advice.

Senior Manager Interview

HR recruiters very polite however slow hiring process. Need to have lots of patience as a candidate as closure could take 3 three to four months. This include negotiations with the company on salary as well

Java Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

telephonic, got a call from the technical person from TCS and took the interview for almost an hour and asked about my current project roles and responsibilities and asked about the location and explained about their project requirements and then asked the questions

Interview Questions
    • asked about design pattern, structs workflow, basic core java questions   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee Interview

Three steps for Hiring process : 1. Basic aptitude Written test ; 2. Technical round ; 3. HR round
    Overall this is easy and smooth process. No stress and emphasize on technical. They will check 5 TCS values in your personality.

Interview Questions
    • Be serious if they ask about : what do you know about TCS. Its not a semi government kind of company that you could accidentally or bluntly say to them. interview will be easy checking more about personal aspects instead of technical aspects   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I approached them at a school fair. They looked over my resume and were searching for key words in the resume. Like programming languages used (especially JAVA) and GPA. Once they determined I was a candidate they scheduled a second interview. In the second interview there was two representatives interviewing. Once was a Software Engineer with the company and the other was the Campus Recruiter. They asked me questions about my likes and disliked. They also asked if I was willing to re-locate out of my area. Then they asked me questions specific to the languages that I had on my resume. Once complete I waited 3-4 weeks before they contacted me with an offer.

Interview Questions

I didn't want to move after all. They require moving, even though they had positions open in my area. They gave them to other people.