Tata Consultancy Services

2.8

Assistant Consultant At TCS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

will be very simple if you have minimum knowledge about the technology some scenario based questions will be asked no need to panic if you answer basic questions definitely they will give you offer

Interview Questions
    • asking about other technologies which are not in resume   Answer Question
    it will be 30-40%

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Work culture - chill and easygoing, not much expectations, clear communication from manager, friendly co workers
    Interview - casual

Lasted around 20 minutes

Got the job offer on the same day, six hours later

Interview Questions
    • What marketing experience do you have?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview was long, but questions were predictable and easy to answer. The technical portion was slightly more difficult. I met the HR rep at a university career fair and was asked to come in for an interview. It took about three weeks to here back from the rep with a verbal offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

One behavioral interview (i.e. How did you deal with this situation?) followed by one technical interview. The technical interview went pretty poorly for me, but luckily the questions I was asked were geared more toward a Business Intelligence intern so I don't really understand what happened there. I ended up getting the internship, but I had a better offer in my hometown.

Better offer

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2014.

Applied in the campus, gave them resume directly, 3 days later HR contacted me to schedule interview. In the first round, it is just about some behavior question, like why you choose this company. The second round is the technical interview, there is no coding problems, just basic conceptual things based on your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Just very basic conceptual questions based on you resume   Answer Question

better offer

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

My resume was submitted by a headhunter whose communication with me was sparse and sporadic. I later learned that the GC had died suddenly, so the hiring process had been delayed. I was interviewed in a conference room by two attorneys at once: a senior female attorney and a more junior male attorney. I found the group interview process to be a bit unusual. Almost immediately, the female attorney began making snarky comments. For instance, she suggested that I had not reviewed their website. Who does not review a company's website before a job interview? I was stunned by the presumptuous insult that she delivered with a haughty smile. I had no idea what sort of sadistic game she was playing, but I had no wish to participate in it, nor any wish to work for her.

Interview Questions
    • I was quite surprised when they gave me a test: I was to review a contract for 30 minutes and identify what was wrong with it.   View Answer

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

The company came on campus for hiring students. There were 3 interview rounds. first the apptitude round, then the Technical round and lastly the HR round. The questions asked were quite easy and repitive. So atleast the apptitude round went very well. The technical round was also average. No great questions! Just monotous the same thing was asked. The HR round was a formality.

No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through school, got the interview the week after. Two people ask you different questions, one the HR, simple behavioral questions. The technical person asks you about the projects and things that you listed on your resume. Before the programming questions he/she asks you what is your favorite language.
    Anyways the technical questions are pretty straight forward, simple programming questions,for example, what is operator overloading, what is the difference between C and C++, etc. I listed Linux in my resume, so if you do the same just expect them to ask you commands, for example, what is the difference between vi and vim, etc.
    Also, he asked me to write a program on a piece of paper, just a simple program, my guess is that he didn't care about the program, he focused on syntax.

Interview Questions
    • I should have expected this question, but i did not prepare for it. The technical person asked me, other than schools projects and the languages i learned. what technology i am interested in, then he continued with the technology that he currently uses in TATA.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Tata Consultancy Services did not impress me. Their recruiters were late to Skype interviews and contacted me from a different time zone without tell me.

I contacted Tata from an email regarding an online career fair which was the equivalent of a chat room. I submitted the required documents and was eventually contacted by email.

I asked for 1 pm interview but was asked at 11 am to interview because it happens that the recruiter lives on the East Coast and I lived on the West Coast.

There was an initial phone screen with Skype. This was full of personal questions and project questions:

Ex: What was your most challenging question and what did you learn from it?

STAR type questions. Very relaxed and no pressure if you had interviews before.

The next interview was a technical phone interview. The interviewer asked me very simple data structures and algorithms questions. This was done with a web app that allowed me to view the questions/information associated with the question. I remember there being questions on tree traversal which I easily got thanks to my data structures class.

Interview Questions

Bad Location of Cleveland and low salary of 57k.

Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee Interview

Campus interview. One technical round and one HR round.
    Both were easy.
    They annonced results on the very next day. Recruitment was very smooth.
    Campus interview. One technical round and one HR round.
    Both were easy.
    They annonced results on the very next day. Recruitment was very smooth.