Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

2,913 Interview Reviews

2.8

PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Telephonic interview conducted over a period of many days. Repeated negotiations of salary expectations. Asking to lower and further lower. They say it is direct client for everything, NOT TRUE.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I learned about the company at the campus career fair. The three employees were very nice and asked questions about how I knew the company. They are looking at keywords at the resume such as Java and GPA. If your GPA is higher than 3.0 they would want to schedule an interview on spot. If not, it's hard to get in since so many people are applying.

Interview Questions

• Easy nothing tricky they just ask questions on the jobs you listed on your resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2015.

Interview

Came to college career fair, was setting up interviews for the following day on campus. They said about 2 weeks to hear back. I got a call a week later offering me a job and saying that I would have 2 weeks to accept the job offer that would be emailed to me. The job offer took a week to be emailed to me and they only gave me a week to accept or decline. They did not mention that the 2 week time period started from the phone call offer. I had almost no time to review the benefits or the policies for the company. The offer was also very middle of the road. Not a bad offer just not enough to stand out.

Interview Questions

• Typical HR questions and technical questions for the position.   Answer Question

Between the face that they only gave me a week to review the offer when they said I would have 2, and the policies of employment being very strict. No working for a list of companies (about 6) or any clients you have done work for up to a year after employment as well as without their express permission you can not do any business with anyone else (no independent work).

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Iowa City, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

I learned of the company through an on campus career fair. The two employees I met with at the fair were very interested in me and the key aspects of my resume seemed to match very closely with what they were looking for. The two employees that were my interviewers the next day were very intent on grilling me on other aspects of my skills outlined by my resume. They were also very interested in what I wanted out of a company I worked for.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Attended a career fair, where a time to set up a meeting was setup after the recruiter saw and asked me a couple of questions regarding my resume. After this was the meeting, following the meeting it was a couple of weeks until I received an offer. During the interview there were two people. One was very nice, the other a bit intimidating. They ask general questions about everything in the resume. But mostly the questions were Java related.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Campus recruitment. My college under VTU had arranged for on-campus recruitment with TCS. The company hired 72 of us. The process was very methodical and each round was a knockout round. The sequence was Written test, Technical and then finally HR round.

Higher education

Interview

There was an aptitude test followed by three rounds of interviews. The questions were pretty basic and straightforward. Most of them were related to the resume,your projects,past work experience and few easy C++ questions.On and all a good experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

it was good contains a lot of technical disussions ,& then client interview , process is a little slow , to get your offer letter released.the rest is fine , working here is a good experience

Negotiation

good

Interview

Basic testing methodologies, basic SDLC life cycle manual testing methodologies ,black box, grey box, documentation related questions.On previous projects, what kind of work/jobs /roles/ responsibilities/any critical scenario and handling the same.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Interview process was fast and had two technical rounds followed by the HR round. Extending offer letter took 2 weeks of time. please have a clear communication on how they are going to process your H1 b transfer. For me there was a confusion , i was told that premium transfer they will do but later i ended up paying for same.