Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
2,522 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Three rounds were conducted during interview process. They were Technical round, Management round, Negotiation round. Interview process was completed in a single day and last whole day.
    They asked complete details about your education, previous experiences and expected salary too.

Interview Questions
    • my interview was smooth and did not face any difficulties.   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Totally they will conduct three rounds. One was online screening, technical and HR.
    Very formal. Easy questions and professional college recruitment.
    first round was very easy as most of the question came from dump.
    overall very good experience.

Assistant Consultant At TCS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

will be very simple if you have minimum knowledge about the technology some scenario based questions will be asked no need to panic if you answer basic questions definitely they will give you offer

Interview Questions
    • asking about other technologies which are not in resume   Answer Question
    it will be 30-40%

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Work culture - chill and easygoing, not much expectations, clear communication from manager, friendly co workers
    Interview - casual

Lasted around 20 minutes

Got the job offer on the same day, six hours later

Interview Questions
    • What marketing experience do you have?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview was long, but questions were predictable and easy to answer. The technical portion was slightly more difficult. I met the HR rep at a university career fair and was asked to come in for an interview. It took about three weeks to here back from the rep with a verbal offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

One behavioral interview (i.e. How did you deal with this situation?) followed by one technical interview. The technical interview went pretty poorly for me, but luckily the questions I was asked were geared more toward a Business Intelligence intern so I don't really understand what happened there. I ended up getting the internship, but I had a better offer in my hometown.

Better offer

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2014.

Applied in the campus, gave them resume directly, 3 days later HR contacted me to schedule interview. In the first round, it is just about some behavior question, like why you choose this company. The second round is the technical interview, there is no coding problems, just basic conceptual things based on your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Just very basic conceptual questions based on you resume   Answer Question

better offer

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

My resume was submitted by a headhunter whose communication with me was sparse and sporadic. I later learned that the GC had died suddenly, so the hiring process had been delayed. I was interviewed in a conference room by two attorneys at once: a senior female attorney and a more junior male attorney. I found the group interview process to be a bit unusual. Almost immediately, the female attorney began making snarky comments. For instance, she suggested that I had not reviewed their website. Who does not review a company's website before a job interview? I was stunned by the presumptuous insult that she delivered with a haughty smile. I had no idea what sort of sadistic game she was playing, but I had no wish to participate in it, nor any wish to work for her.

Interview Questions
    • I was quite surprised when they gave me a test: I was to review a contract for 30 minutes and identify what was wrong with it.   View Answer

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

The company came on campus for hiring students. There were 3 interview rounds. first the apptitude round, then the Technical round and lastly the HR round. The questions asked were quite easy and repitive. So atleast the apptitude round went very well. The technical round was also average. No great questions! Just monotous the same thing was asked. The HR round was a formality.

No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through school, got the interview the week after. Two people ask you different questions, one the HR, simple behavioral questions. The technical person asks you about the projects and things that you listed on your resume. Before the programming questions he/she asks you what is your favorite language.
    Anyways the technical questions are pretty straight forward, simple programming questions,for example, what is operator overloading, what is the difference between C and C++, etc. I listed Linux in my resume, so if you do the same just expect them to ask you commands, for example, what is the difference between vi and vim, etc.
    Also, he asked me to write a program on a piece of paper, just a simple program, my guess is that he didn't care about the program, he focused on syntax.

Interview Questions
    • I should have expected this question, but i did not prepare for it. The technical person asked me, other than schools projects and the languages i learned. what technology i am interested in, then he continued with the technology that he currently uses in TATA.   Answer Question