Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015
2,789 Interview Reviews

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I learned about the company at the campus career fair. The three employees were very nice and asked questions about how I knew the company. They are looking at keywords at the resume such as Java and GPA. If your GPA is higher than 3.0 they would want to schedule an interview on spot. If not, it's hard to get in since so many people are applying.

Interview Questions

• Easy nothing tricky they just ask questions on the jobs you listed on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Attended a career fair, where a time to set up a meeting was setup after the recruiter saw and asked me a couple of questions regarding my resume. After this was the meeting, following the meeting it was a couple of weeks until I received an offer.

During the interview there were two people. One was very nice, the other a bit intimidating. They ask general questions about everything in the resume. But mostly the questions were Java related.

PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Telephonic interview conducted over a period of many days. Repeated negotiations of salary expectations. Asking to lower and further lower. They say it is direct client for everything, NOT TRUE.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Campus recruitment. My college under VTU had arranged for on-campus recruitment with TCS. The company hired 72 of us. The process was very methodical and each round was a knockout round. The sequence was Written test, Technical and then finally HR round.

Higher education

Interview

There was an aptitude test followed by three rounds of interviews. The questions were pretty basic and straightforward. Most of them were related to the resume,your projects,past work experience and few easy C++ questions.On and all a good experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

it was good contains a lot of technical disussions ,& then client interview , process is a little slow , to get your offer letter released.the rest is fine , working here is a good experience

Negotiation

good

Interview

Basic testing methodologies, basic SDLC life cycle manual testing methodologies ,black box, grey box, documentation related questions.On previous projects, what kind of work/jobs /roles/ responsibilities/any critical scenario and handling the same.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Interview process was fast and had two technical rounds followed by the HR round. Extending offer letter took 2 weeks of time. please have a clear communication on how they are going to process your H1 b transfer. For me there was a confusion , i was told that premium transfer they will do but later i ended up paying for same.

ITA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

1st phase will be Written test, If you crossed the first hurdle then a panel of team will take Technical Interview. Final round will be managerial round where Human resource will ask your opinions.

Interview Questions

• Written test is based on GRE barron's book and then go with basic C, java and questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

The interview duration was 45 min .it consist of behavioural interview questions and some technical questions related to computer software developement. there were some surprise scenario problem solving related to computer networks.

Interview Questions

• trick questions related computer networks and java programming   Answer Question

Negotiation

Are you willing to anywhere in India