Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Tata Consultancy Services
- Assistant Systems Engineer (574)
- Software Engineer (281)
- Systems Engineer (201)
- Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee (199)
- IT Analyst (108)
- Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) (79)
- Business Analyst (70)
- Assistant Systems Engineer-trainee (50)
- Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee (46)
- Associate Software Engineer (44)
- ASE (41)
- Assistant Software Engineer Trainee (36)
- Engineering (35)
- Senior Software Engineer (31)
- Project Manager (30)
- ASE Trainee (29)
- Associate Systems Engineer (22)
- Developer (22)
- Programmer Analyst (19)
- Consultant (18)
- ITA (18)
- Systems Analyst (18)
- System Engineer (17)
- Fresher (15)
- Senior Process Associate (15)
- Software Developer (14)
- Engineer (13)
- Assistant Consultant (13)
- Assistant Systems ANalyst (13)
- Associate Consultant (12)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a week – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (New York, NY) in February 2015.
I learned about the company at the campus career fair. The three employees were very nice and asked questions about how I knew the company. They are looking at keywords at the resume such as Java and GPA. If your GPA is higher than 3.0 they would want to schedule an interview on spot. If not, it's hard to get in since so many people are applying.
- Easy nothing tricky they just ask questions on the jobs you listed on your resume. Answer Question
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.
Attended a career fair, where a time to set up a meeting was setup after the recruiter saw and asked me a couple of questions regarding my resume. After this was the meeting, following the meeting it was a couple of weeks until I received an offer.
During the interview there were two people. One was very nice, the other a bit intimidating. They ask general questions about everything in the resume. But mostly the questions were Java related.
- Mostly Java oriented questions. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Washington, DC) in February 2015.
Telephonic interview conducted over a period of many days. Repeated negotiations of salary expectations. Asking to lower and further lower. They say it is direct client for everything, NOT TRUE.
- Declined OfferEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.
Campus recruitment. My college under VTU had arranged for on-campus recruitment with TCS. The company hired 72 of us. The process was very methodical and each round was a knockout round. The sequence was Written test, Technical and then finally HR round.
- None Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
- Declined Offer
There was an aptitude test followed by three rounds of interviews. The questions were pretty basic and straightforward. Most of them were related to the resume,your projects,past work experience and few easy C++ questions.On and all a good experience.
- Swapping 2 variables without using 3rd variable Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
it was good contains a lot of technical disussions ,& then client interview , process is a little slow , to get your offer letter released.the rest is fine , working here is a good experience
- average 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
Basic testing methodologies, basic SDLC life cycle manual testing methodologies ,black box, grey box, documentation related questions.On previous projects, what kind of work/jobs /roles/ responsibilities/any critical scenario and handling the same.
- Nothing as such, just regular Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
I applied through other source – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.
Interview process was fast and had two technical rounds followed by the HR round. Extending offer letter took 2 weeks of time. please have a clear communication on how they are going to process your H1 b transfer. For me there was a confusion , i was told that premium transfer they will do but later i ended up paying for same.
- MQ integration with WCS Answer Question
- Accepted OfferDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.
1st phase will be Written test, If you crossed the first hurdle then a panel of team will take Technical Interview. Final round will be managerial round where Human resource will ask your opinions.
- Written test is based on GRE barron's book and then go with basic C, java and questions. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.
The interview duration was 45 min .it consist of behavioural interview questions and some technical questions related to computer software developement. there were some surprise scenario problem solving related to computer networks.
- trick questions related computer networks and java programming Answer Question
Are you willing to anywhere in India
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review