Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

University campus presentation with refreshments and sandwiches. On-campus presentation and interview sign up. Easy technical questions in the career center. Offer-letter granted month later with only 4 days to decline or accept.

Interview Questions
    • Easy interview. The quality of technical questions was very disappointing.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate initially. For college hires, TCS likes to lower the salary by 8% less than one month before graduation 5 months after an initial offer is accepted and signed and say "take it or leave it". Leaving it usually causes TCS to back down.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Very simple and basic questions. Nothing difficult. Not many personal questions. Combination of technical and HR. Interviewers were very friendly. It lasted for half an hour. Questions were mainly based on C programming language. Mainly focusing on strings.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2013.

Interview process can be rocky, was recruited by an unknown firm from another state- group type interview that lasted less than 5 minutes at a hotel. Lots of phone calls, hit or miss, not sure if the entire process was real, but turned out great for me. Just be patient. Indian company not American and they have different processes than we're accustomed to -

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions or surprises at all   View Answer
    Very easy to negotiate

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Initial screening followed by technical interview and then had another interview with the practice director followed by business relationship manager. Very straight forward to clear if you are good at what they are looking for and be clear on the job requirements

Interview Questions
    • How do you handled a tough situation in a customer place?   Answer Question
    Cant' negotiate much..

Lync Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2014.

There were two interviews. First was more about the job and more of a discusison than an interview. The second was to review benefits questions. A third interview is expected where I expect to get an offer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2014.

talked to them at a career fair, went and interviewed, they were interested, then i got a technical phone call interview. the phone call was pretty intense with the technical knowledge considering it was an entry level position, however the guy was nice and friendly so that helped alleviate some of the stress.

Interview Questions
    • explain the best software implementation methodology   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2014.

Interviewed initially at a job fair on campus. Then went in for a in person interview following week. Third week received an offer via email. Whole process was relatively pleasant .

Interview Questions
    • Simple OOP questions. If you know OOP shouldn't be a problem.   Answer Question
    No need to negotiate, gave me more than I was asking for.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Augusta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2010.

very easy and interviews are taken by average knowledge people, one can easily clear if they have average knowledge. No written test if you are applying as an experience professional

Interview Questions
    • That you want to accept the offer or not :-), because in interview if you have average knowledge you will get the offer   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Started with an initial screening interview with the offshore team. Next interview was with an experienced delivery manager. Finally, had an onsite interview. Everyone was extremely professional and it was not a difficult process. The only negative I have is that the whole process takes quite a bit of time.

Interview Questions
    • "How do you take advantage of a revenue opportunity, but you have no resources."   View Answer
    Difficult, mostly the salary negotiation.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

The selection was based on a computerized IQ\Skills and Personality Test Followed by a face to face interview in my university campus.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself growing in the company and if you are ready to work in any Locations?   Answer Question