Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
2,573 Interview Reviews

2.8

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Interview

The company came on campus for hiring students. There were 3 interview rounds. first the apptitude round, then the Technical round and lastly the HR round. The questions asked were quite easy and repitive. So atleast the apptitude round went very well. The technical round was also average. No great questions! Just monotous the same thing was asked. The HR round was a formality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied through school, got the interview the week after. Two people ask you different questions, one the HR, simple behavioral questions. The technical person asks you about the projects and things that you listed on your resume. Before the programming questions he/she asks you what is your favorite language.
    Anyways the technical questions are pretty straight forward, simple programming questions,for example, what is operator overloading, what is the difference between C and C++, etc. I listed Linux in my resume, so if you do the same just expect them to ask you commands, for example, what is the difference between vi and vim, etc.
    Also, he asked me to write a program on a piece of paper, just a simple program, my guess is that he didn't care about the program, he focused on syntax.

Interview Questions

• I should have expected this question, but i did not prepare for it. The technical person asked me, other than schools projects and the languages i learned. what technology i am interested in, then he continued with the technology that he currently uses in TATA.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Tata Consultancy Services did not impress me. Their recruiters were late to Skype interviews and contacted me from a different time zone without tell me.

I contacted Tata from an email regarding an online career fair which was the equivalent of a chat room. I submitted the required documents and was eventually contacted by email.

I asked for 1 pm interview but was asked at 11 am to interview because it happens that the recruiter lives on the East Coast and I lived on the West Coast.

There was an initial phone screen with Skype. This was full of personal questions and project questions:

Ex: What was your most challenging question and what did you learn from it?

STAR type questions. Very relaxed and no pressure if you had interviews before.

The next interview was a technical phone interview. The interviewer asked me very simple data structures and algorithms questions. This was done with a web app that allowed me to view the questions/information associated with the question. I remember there being questions on tree traversal which I easily got thanks to my data structures class.

Interview Questions

Bad Location of Cleveland and low salary of 57k.

Interview

Campus interview. One technical round and one HR round.
    Both were easy.
    They annonced results on the very next day. Recruitment was very smooth.
    Campus interview. One technical round and one HR round.
    Both were easy.
    They annonced results on the very next day. Recruitment was very smooth.

Interview

3 rounds,1st written test basically quantitative aptitude-easy enough.
    then technical interview basically resume based questions and basic questions about subjects you read.
    HR interview basically personal questions like tell me about yourself,do you have any problem in shifting etc..
    just be confident and you will get through...

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Interview

initial communications were very good, the written test was good and easy. the interviews were elaborate but good questions.a long wait for the interviews though. took two days of campus interview process and got selected. very happy with the process.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Just one written round and one in person. Since TCS is a mass recruiting company, it hires most graduates from tier-B or tier-C colleges in India in huge numbers.

In my college, around 400 students took the written test. Almost everyone cleared that. After the in person interview(which was conducted in mass too. I was sitting with the interviewer in a hall with around 50 more candidates and interviewers.

Not many technical questions. Most questions are like (swap 2 nos without using a 3rd variable).
    Selection is purely random.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding the Tv shows I watch and magazines I read.
      Plus standard questions like "why TCS"

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. TCS does not negotiate with recent graduates. Salary is fixed . If you have no other choice , join , or else reject their offer. They dont care. There are always people to fill the void. Moreover, the quality of work does not demand a very skillful employee.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

3 rounds of interview on same day. Started from morning 9am till night 9pm. One Technical, One with Manager and one final HR round.
    In technical(30 mins) they asked 90% about java and J2EE as thats my expertise. Many tough questions on multi threading.
    Second round - 20 mins (no technical here)
    third round - half an hour - had long discussion(read negotiation) about salary

Interview Questions

• Explain Synchronization...followed by many counter questions   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I was recruited on campus visit.There was one written exam followed by personal interview. Both written and interview was of average difficulty, they asked logical questions on technology and some puzzles. They immediately gave offer letter immediately, and the joining letter followed before I could finish my graduation.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for on campus recruit.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

I was interviewed through campus.It was a cakewalk because I had good communication skills.Initially they do also take a assessment quiz with Maths and logical section. Assessment Quiz was more so available on internet or check with sample questions.They are generally on the same pattern.

Interview Questions

• They generally look for good communication skills with some bit of logical thinking.   Answer Question