Tata Consultancy Services

Updated Dec 15, 2014
2,368 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2014.

One behavioral interview followed by a technical interview. Both over the phone. The technical interviewer quizzed me on skills I had mentioned in my resume (Java and SQL). Study OO and SQL basics.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between JVM and JRE, difference between Overloading and Overriding.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2014.

first HR interview, then tech interview through skype. The HR asks general behavioral questions like why TCS, what is your strong point? The tech questions are fair, including data structures, algorithms, ect. The overall procedure is fairly easy compared with other companies. However, the offer is not provided since I am not a US citizen...

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Initial screening followed by technical interview and then had another interview with the practice director followed by business relationship manager. Very straight forward to clear if you are good at what they are looking for and be clear on the job requirements

Interview Questions
    • How do you handled a tough situation in a customer place?   Answer Question
    Cant' negotiate much..

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Started with an initial screening interview with the offshore team. Next interview was with an experienced delivery manager. Finally, had an onsite interview. Everyone was extremely professional and it was not a difficult process. The only negative I have is that the whole process takes quite a bit of time.

Interview Questions
    • "How do you take advantage of a revenue opportunity, but you have no resources."   View Answer
    Difficult, mostly the salary negotiation.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

The selection was based on a computerized IQ\Skills and Personality Test Followed by a face to face interview in my university campus.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself growing in the company and if you are ready to work in any Locations?   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Direct interview - campus recruit

Interview Questions
    • None, be yourself stay calm. Don't need to give correct answers always. Answer cool   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

First, a person will contact you to arrange time for the interview. For internship, I have two 1-hour phone interviews in the same day. It'd better to have at least 2 weeks to prepare after you get the contact from Google. Also the phone signal might be bad so be prepared to have alternative way to contact. The first question is about bitwise operation. Study from Cracking the Interviews might help.

Interview Questions
    • Design a class where you can add elements, and return the mean of the latest N elements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2014.

Interviewed initially at a job fair on campus. Then went in for a in person interview following week. Third week received an offer via email. Whole process was relatively pleasant .

Interview Questions
    • Simple OOP questions. If you know OOP shouldn't be a problem.   Answer Question
    No need to negotiate, gave me more than I was asking for.

Lync Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2014.

There were two interviews. First was more about the job and more of a discusison than an interview. The second was to review benefits questions. A third interview is expected where I expect to get an offer

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2014.

Phone screen, interview then series of multiple interviews in a single visit onsite. I found the process to be lackluster - when I arrived for interviews they seem unprepared for me. There was no post interview follow up on their end, including my travel reimbursement. I had to pursue travel reimbursement as well as status on candidacy. I received a five word sentence to let me know they were not interested. It's OK if not a good fit but did not feel was treated in professional manner. If they want to succeed in attracting US talent, they will need to do more.