Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
2,566 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Charlotte, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Met at university career fair, signed up for an interview at the recruiter there. Went to the interview the following week on campus, they called it a "java interview".

Interview Questions

• What are five more important concepts you have learned while programming Java. It wasn't a difficult question, but a lot of the ideas mingle together so I was having a hard time separating them.   Answer Question

The salary seemed low and I still had many interviews to do with other companies. It wasn't a flat out decline, but more pending as I told them I was going to think about it.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

1 day interview and 8 rounds of interview
    C++ questions
    CLR
    WCF
    Odata
    java
    JVM and also many more technology questions
    Internet N/W routing questions

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

Interview

Campus interview. One face-face interview. Some OOP questions. Also there were questions related to electrical engineering. Interview lasted for about 20 minutes. The interviewer was not that enthusiastic. Some questions were from other department courses I took in my first year. Finally, there was a question about difference between arrays and structures.

Interview Questions

• Asked about some of my first-year courses - Civil, mechanical etc.   1 Answer

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. First round was Aptitude test on day 1. Most of the questions were from barrons (GRE book). Next day there was one technical round following by HR round.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2014.

Interview

Whole process was dragged out for about two months. Initially met their HR through a virtual career fair. Sent in an application via email and asked to do a Skype interview a couple of weeks afterward. Well, the first two Skype interviews were rescheduled, then fell through because they had "issues with their Skype". Finally contacted again after about two weeks and did the Skype interview. Mostly further questions about the resume and some questions about why Tata, what do you expect to gain from this position, etc. Contacted again a week and a half later with a GPA calculation form. Received a phone call immediately after sending it in, saying they would send an offer within two weeks. Unusually did not get technical interview. Waiting to hear back.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2014.

Interview

This was an on-campus interview. There were two interviewers asking me questions at the same time. One person was asking technical questions relating to databases and programming. The other person asked me typical behavioral questions. The interviewer would each take turns asking questions so you are not asked technical questions or behavioral questions all at once. It was quite intimidating to have two people asking you questions but come prepared to answer basic technical questions when applying for this position.

Interview Questions

• What is an inner join?
      What is an outer join?
      What is a data warehouse?
      Tell me about your experience with your internship?
      What is a trigger?

Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated a relocation. A relocation for me was very important and they were nice enough to relocate me at one of my preferred areas. There salary was also adjusted with relocation because of living expenses.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Spoke to a Campus Recruiter at a career fair at my university. Had the interview 3 weeks after the career fair with four interviews. The interview was very relaxed and they mostly talked about how the process of becoming a software engineer required six weeks of training in Java.
    Got a call about two weeks later with an offer. No second interview required.

Negotiation

Was allowed to choose from about 3-4 locations to work from. No salary negotiation.

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Interview

The first level of screening was a written test. The test had different sections and it was full of objective type questions. We need to get the minimum score demanded to get to the next level of technical interview. Once the technical interview is cleared, next comes the HR interview. The HR interview, which is the 3rd level of screening decides our entry into TCS.

Negotiation

Be ready to face the challenge and hecticness at work

.NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews including two technical and one project manager interview. The second round of technical interview is a bit tough.it might take atleasty 15 days to process the offer.

Negotiation

20 days

Computer Programmer Interview

Interview

Have to undergo written test for logic. Had a round of technical interview on C and C + + and Java and cleared. Also had a HR interview and also cleared the same.................