Tata Consultancy Services

Updated Nov 25, 2014
2,321 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Met with company representatives at my university's career fair and was scheduled for an interview the next day. The interview lasted for about 40 minutes and included both behavioral questions (from an HR representative) and technical questions (from a software engineer employee). The technical questions were comprehensive over the languages that I had on my resume. If you know the languages you say you do, the questions will be easy. The interviewers were friendly and engaging.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult if you know your stuff. If you're shaky on a language, you might want to brush up on it. An example question was to describe the process of inheritance in Java (e.g. keywords and advantages).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2014.

During the career fair I was given the opportunity to do a phone interview. After my first interview, which was the overall of the company and the basic questions about myself, I was offered a second interview.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2014.

talked to them at a career fair, went and interviewed, they were interested, then i got a technical phone call interview. the phone call was pretty intense with the technical knowledge considering it was an entry level position, however the guy was nice and friendly so that helped alleviate some of the stress.

Interview Questions
    • explain the best software implementation methodology   View Answer

USAA Account Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2014.

interview was with two people and was very easy. The hiring process is very quick, I had the offer within a week...but the start date is always a month out because you need a background check, drug test, and fingerprinting.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions about you and your background, a few psychological questions.   Answer Question
    I was not given much wiggle room on the salary.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Recruiters came on campus for career fair. Scheduled an on campus interview the following day. The interview comprised of normal java programming questions. Received an offer a week later.

No negotiations

Systems Engineer Interview

Three rounds. Technical, managerial and HR

IT Analyst Interview

Through Consultancy and had 2 rounds of interview.One is technical and other managerial.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

I got a job at career fair held at my college. I had an aptitude test and then a technical round along with HR interview the next day. I was offered the job that same day. I got 3 months training in which I was taught .net and then transferred to hyderabad to work in my relative field.

Software Engineer Interview

Career Fair on Campus got me a interview. Was with a HR and aTechnical person who asked various questions. Technical was just OOC basics easily studied. AFter the interview they seemed very friendly and assured I would be getting a call to come to their campus. After a few weeks they then emailed me and set up a Smart Start that I applied for. Few days before the Smart Start they said my GPA was not up to standards and that I would not be considered for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Very simple c++ question. Only asked one question and I went into detail which then answered his whole list of questions   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2014.

When I started job hunt, I was not getting any calls by applying to company websites directly. Even on linked in, dice jobs I was not getting calls for full time opportunity. My resume was picked up by one of consulting companies and they submitted my profile to TCS.
    With TCS I had very good discussion with the current managers, I was interviewed on my expertise, work experiences, challenges, reason for leaving the current employer after such a long time etc.

Interview Questions
    • I think one of tricky question was - Having status of Permanent Resident; why am I joining a outsourcing company   View Answer