Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
2,112 Interview Reviews

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in December 2010.

Algorith for withdrawing money in a bank
    what are the featre you ike to validate
    Ýour strengths and weaknesses
    more of a HR interview

Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

On campus Interview. 3 rounds - Written, Technical and HR
    The first round was analytic reasoning and verbal. Technical round was on Java. HR was interested in knowing if I am flexible about location

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I would say no to the job if they wanted to post me in a different city. I said no and ended up in the city which I didn't want to go to.   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2010.

Interviewer is a HR, there was no technical interview. Gave my intro.
     He asked about my academic projects. He basically tested my communication skills. Talked about my hobbies, technical skills, and finally about my position.

No negotiation.

Program Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Go to TCS.com and find it

Campus Recruitment

Associate Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Campus recruiting, written paper, 1 phone interview, 1 technical round and 1 HR.

no negotiation

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Easy, technical apptitude only and basic coding interview

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

College campus recruitment, there was just one round which included both Technical and HR. Over all process was easy but little tricky though.

No negotiation

Statistical Modeler Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2014.

I applied online to TCS online via Campus Recruiting in early January of 2014. Within 3 days, I was contacted by the HR person to schedule an initial screening interview, which basically asked my reasons for pursuing my graduate degree in statistics, my statistical software knowledge of SAS,R,and SQL etc. I was also asked about my graduate course work and experience in the field. After the preliminary interview, I went on a 3 on 1 technical interview via skype where I was asked how I would go about construct statistic models, what the correlation coefficient means, and how I would cope with the challenges of multicollinearity. The 3 team members were very helpful and answered all of my questions about TCS and the role. Finally, I had a phone interview withe Global Director of Big Data Analytics who provided me with feedback on my resume and asked me questions about big data and how I would go about building a model. The interview process went rather quickly, but I did not find out about an offer until three weeks after my third round interview, but it was well worth the wait.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the process of constructing a statistical model and draw on experiences from your personal projects.   Answer Question
    There was no need to negotiate. I receieved a base salary of $80,000 with $4,000 sign on bonus and an additional 5000 if I performed well plus full benefits.

Software Engineer Interview

There were 4 rounds and the toppers of the branch were excluded from the 1st written test. The written test had analytical and verbal questions. It was followed by HR, technical and MR rounds. Technical comprised of few programming questions like linked list and datastructure implementations. Few logical questions from OS.

Interview Questions
    • Rating ourselves for each skill that I possess and giving exampels for each skill. Given a scenario gow would I react type questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

3 rounds of interview, no written tests for percentages above 75.