Tata Consultancy Services

Average Difficulty
1,953 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2013.

Interview Details – Two interviews - 1 tech and 1 HR. The HR was easy. Just be polite and courteous. The technical interview was a joke. Asked basic programming knowledge.

Interview Question – None. If you have take and OOP classes you will know anything they throw at you.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – I was selected from campus. Written and Interview.

Describe the Agile Methodology Process Interview

Describe the Agile Methodology Process
Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process is first telephonic followed by On-site. On-site "DESI" manager mostly will be taking your interview. Interview will consist of hands on questions or even some questions framed on that particular moment as well. After the candidate gives the interview which lasts for around 2 hours approximately, he/she will be escorted back down and he can then wait for the reply.

Interview Question – No question is difficult. Only their answers are. I was asked difference between Agile and Waterfall.   View Answer

Was Not Specified Interview

Was Not Specified

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – Interview process was smooth. Had one phone interview, which was followed by in-person interviews 3 weeks later. In-person interviews was conducted by 3 partners, from the division I was interviewing for. I thought the interviews went quite well. Discussions were focused on background, experience, and offerings/capabilities of the Company.

Dallas, TX

I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2013.

Interview Details – Spoke with them at the university career fair and was scheduled for an interview the following day, mostly behavioral question, actually no technical questions other than tell me about your programming experience. Was invited to a "smart start" session which was at a hotel conference room and catered. Interview was scheduled to be only 30 minutes, ended up speaking with interviewer for about an hour. Technical in nature asked about relational database concepts and keys, then object oriented programming questions, along with SDLC questions.

Interview Question – Can a primary key also be a foreign key   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Have not accepted or declined offer yet, still waiting to here from other companies. Salary is competitive and work seems challenging in nature.

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – Career Fair and had the interview the next day.

Interview Question – HR questions were kinda of weird. Normal Tech interview other than that.   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – Initial interview at campus - set of analytical questions, next interview - technical round, final interview - HR round

Interview Question – Java polymorphism question   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – The interview was about techinical questions relating to coding, and programming.

Interview Question – Seems like they want to hire students that have a good knowledge of Java   Answer Question

Usability Expert Interview

Usability Expert

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – Simple interview procees, telephonic and face to face interview

Interview Questions

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant
Tallahassee, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2013.

Interview Details – TATA was one of the companies to appear at our campus career day. I spoke with a representative of the company and handed him my resume. We spoke briefly about my experience and interests. He seemed to perk up when I mentioned my .NET experience. He told me a little about the company and described the job in basic terms as "traveling to client sites and developing custom .NET software according to their specifications" This seemed generally agreeable to me. I was looking for some experience in the software development area, this seemed like a reasonable opportunity. He invited me to interview with the company when they returned to campus in about 3 weeks. I gave my resume and contact information to another Hr representative of the company. She mentioned that there would be two interviews, one with her and another technical interview.

When they returned, I was surprised to hear that there was only going to be the "Hr" interview and if they were happy with me, there would be a technical interview at a later date. The Hr interview was pretty standard, more about you, your habits, and just kind of feeling you out. It lasted about half an hour and she told me that someone will be in contact in a few weeks, the usual.

About a week and a half passed, and on a Wednesday, I received an email that I was invited to an information session in another city about, 175 miles away which was going to be held that friday. As in 48 hours later. I was very surprised and disappointed that the event was created on such short notice. I had a prior engagement that I could not break, so I could not attend the information session, which included a technical interview. I can only assume that my recruitment for this job is now over since I, not surprisingly, haven't heard anything from them after not attending the information session.

Interview Question – None really. It was a Hr type interview asking about working in teams, job experience, etc. "Tell me about yourself", "Give me an example of a situation when you did more than what was required of you".   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tata Consultancy Services