Tata Consultancy Services

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Culver City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2012.

Interview Details – Got call from recruiter for position in TCS CA USA.
First interview was scheduled and interviewer called from India for position in USA.
Interviewer was not interested in knowing my background and telling me about projects or company. He started with questions not related to my background and resume. His intention were clear the way interview was being conducted right form beginning.

I am not expecting next round interview calls.

Interview Question – Architecture or server lever tuning   View Answer

Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was first called by HR department, got asked a few typical questions, such as expected salary. Got a technical phone interview next day, lasted about an hour. It ranged from previous experience in my field to theory questions about Java. They will ask about what you have done before and go on to ask you about your technical strength, in my case Java.

Interview Question – A few trick questions like the difference between similar reserved words in Java. For example final and finally. There weren't any particularly difficult questions overall.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do your research about the salaries, if you ask for little that is what they will give you.

Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in December 2011.

Interview Details – First appeared for APTITUDE test. After successful qualifying of apti, next day i was called for interview. This was 1:1 nterview. Single round combined of technical and HR interview was happened. Next day i came to know from my college that, i got selected in the company.

Interview Question – Most difficult question to me was "can you relocate to different place ?"   Answer Question

Java Developer
Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2013.

Interview Details – Position in TCS was presented by agent from some hiring agency. We scheduled a phone interview. Interview started with short introduction from myself and then there was a technical part consisting of a lot of questions. Questions were mixed in order, topics were Java, patterns, SQL, Spring framework.

Very Difficult Interview

Java Developer
Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2011.

Interview Details – Just one phone interview with tata employee, I pass all the questions, then another interview with the client I also pass the interview, since the client was rejecting every current tcs employee since I pass the hire me immediatly

Interview Question – How many bytes does a String uses in Java?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy

Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2011.

Interview Details – online application, delayed acknowledgment. poor HR updating process.

Interview Question – Are you ready to work at afganistan?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Payscale is too low and there is not technical growth - people who want to keep off from technology can join here mainly in prod support projects

Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes (Mexico)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was really fast, after my first interview with recruiters it took me less than a week to review details of proposal and to take a decision. About the interview process, it was only after I got hired, I had a technical interview a bit difficult I think, it included many details.

Interview Question – To describe step by step or line by line of code during the call how to establish a connection with a database.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the salary, this because to accept the offer implied to me move with my family to another city

Java Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2013.

Interview Details – Step 1. Technical interview with Indian engineers over an international phone call.
Step 2. Career interview with a project manager and sales person.
Step 3. Career interview with a HR manager.

Interview Question – Technical interview takes an hour and relatively basic questions are asked.
Not so difficult questions are asked.
But Indian English is very dirty and you have hard time understanding what they are saying.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no room to negotiate your salary.
Your annual salaries are fixed beforehand.

Chennai (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2010.

Interview Details – It consists of written test, technical interview followed by HR interview

Interview Question – How will you swap two numbers without using a temp   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tata Consultancy Services

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tata Consultancy Services Java Developer interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tata Consultancy Services employees and interview candidates.