Tata Consultancy Services Java Developer Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview Questions

• Easy Interview .. They don't what they are looking, For the sake of it they took interview.. They called me and said some opening is there, I went there and they asked me to wait for almost 60 Mins.. I waited there and few guys came and had causal talk.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

telephonic, got a call from the technical person from TCS and took the interview for almost an hour and asked about my current project roles and responsibilities and asked about the location and explained about their project requirements and then asked the questions

Interview Questions

• asked about design pattern, structs workflow, basic core java questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Culver City, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Got call from recruiter for position in TCS CA USA.
    First interview was scheduled and interviewer called from India for position in USA.
    Interviewer was not interested in knowing my background and telling me about projects or company. He started with questions not related to my background and resume. His intention were clear the way interview was being conducted right form beginning.

I am not expecting next round interview calls.

Interview Questions

• Architecture or server lever tuning   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Interview

Written test, technical interview, manger round and hr round, Some time happens by phone . Scheduled interviews , for more than 3 yrs there won't be any written test and others there will be a written test

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)) in July 2014.

Interview

Multiple Interviews be ready to take on around 4. The further you get the easier the interviews. Sometimes phone issues can be a problem but they will strive there best to get you a better quality call. This process may take around 2 weeks to complete. So be patient and prepare to receive phone calls throughout the day. The call can go from one hour to less than 15 minutes.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)) in September 2013.

Interview

I was first called by HR department, got asked a few typical questions, such as expected salary. Got a technical phone interview next day, lasted about an hour. It ranged from previous experience in my field to theory questions about Java. They will ask about what you have done before and go on to ask you about your technical strength, in my case Java.

Interview Questions

• A few trick questions like the difference between similar reserved words in Java. For example final and finally. There weren't any particularly difficult questions overall.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Do your research about the salaries, if you ask for little that is what they will give you.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes (Mexico)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes (Mexico)) in May 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was really fast, after my first interview with recruiters it took me less than a week to review details of proposal and to take a decision. About the interview process, it was only after I got hired, I had a technical interview a bit difficult I think, it included many details.

Interview Questions

• To describe step by step or line by line of code during the call how to establish a connection with a database.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the salary, this because to accept the offer implied to me move with my family to another city

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2013.

Interview

Step 1. Technical interview with Indian engineers over an international phone call.
    Step 2. Career interview with a project manager and sales person.
    Step 3. Career interview with a HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview takes an hour and relatively basic questions are asked.
      Not so difficult questions are asked.
      But Indian English is very dirty and you have hard time understanding what they are saying.

Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no room to negotiate your salary.
    Your annual salaries are fixed beforehand.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Calcutta (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

First appeared for APTITUDE test. After successful qualifying of apti, next day i was called for interview. This was 1:1 nterview. Single round combined of technical and HR interview was happened. Next day i came to know from my college that, i got selected in the company.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question to me was "can you relocate to different place ?"   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chennai (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

online application, delayed acknowledgment. poor HR updating process.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to work at afganistan?   1 Answer

Payscale is too low and there is not technical growth - people who want to keep off from technology can join here mainly in prod support projects