Tata Consultancy Services

Average Difficulty
164 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – There was a walk-in which I attended for software professionals having Microsoft Technologies experience. The Aptitude test was skipped for people having more than 2 years experience and so was for me. The technical interview was conducted by 3 persons for around 45 minutes. The interviewers seemed to be quite experienced Project leads. Had prepared very well for a long time and also had good hands on exp. hence could create a very good impression. Was asked to attend the next round i.e. Management Round wherein a very senior person interviewed me - a Group Leader around 15 years experience. He took a note of my flexibility, clarity of thought and maturity ..questions like...How do you see yourself 5 years and 10 years down the line? etc. He finally assured me that I was almost through. The next was the HR round wherein I was briefed on general information about the organization and also asked several relevant questions like Why TCS? Why do you feel like leaving your previous organization ? etc.

I then left after a total of around 4 hours and was told that I would be informed on phone whether I'm through or not. I was informed in around 12 days and was asked to collect the offer letter and decide my date of joining.

Interview Question – i had prepared for this interview for almost 2 weeks rigorously and for a long time prior to that as well, so as to cover each and every technical area as well as the plan to drive the interview myself by conducting mocks etc. Because of this preparation things went almost the way I had expected. No surprises even though I was quite tense.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary which my previous employer used to give was far too less than TCS average salary and hence there was not much room for negotiation or asking for something they would not be able to give.

Transformation Manager - TCS ION Interview

Transformation Manager - TCS ION
Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was hired through a 3rd party pay roll or an agency. The interview was telephonic with the TCS team I was going to be placed with. Wasn't asked much questions, my resume was fine with them and was only asked if I could join immediately. I obviously said yes and was hired immediately.
My position was onsite customer based hence not directly connected to the TCS management.

Interview Question – As their requirement was extremely urgent, there was no difficult question asked at all   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Majority of the interview processes are process oriented with multiple rounds. Best of luck.

Operational Executive Interview

Operational Executive
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2013.

Interview Details – Taking referral from employee of the company then come for the interview,Interview section is personal,so gettong not any difficulty to face that interview. so it is not that much of difficult to crack that interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring procedure is not more difficult. There is one Technical Interview followed by one HR Interview. Technical interview is totally related to basic computer science questions and some questions related to C and C++.

Interview Question – Some behavioural question   Answer Question

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE)
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

Interview Details – general aptitude consisting quant and logical,technical interview mostly consisting odf normal syllabus questions and hr consisting of self and normal questions. it is very eaasy steps all u need is self dedication and focus.

Interview Question – data structures   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – joining date is too late

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Mumbai (India)

I applied online - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in July 2010.

Interview Details – The questions in the written test were easy but tricky. Interview process was good. Three rounds , technical , manager and HR .As the applicants were many I think many of them did not go through all three rounds which I feel is unfair.

Interview Question – There was a lot of grilling on my engineering subjects but overall it was good.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The joining was too late.I got immediate offer from some other company.

Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – Written Test (If you have <2 year experience) , Technical Interview, Manager and HR interview

Negotiation Details – Fix salary

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2014.

Interview Details – Relevant Disciplines
Electronics/Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Instrumentation Engineering
Network Engineering
MCA with BSc / BCA / BCom / BA (with Math / Statistics Background)

M.Sc in Computer Science / Information Technology

Marks Criteria
Minimum Aggregate Marks of 60% and above in the first attempt in all academic courses Standard 10th onwards.

Aggregate of all subjects in all semesters to be considered (All subjects mentioned on the mark sheet).

First attempt implies securing 60% and above marks within the normal duration of the course

Improvement exam is not first attempt and hence the marks secured in improvement exams should not be considered to calculate aggregate marks.

In case you have done both, 12thand equivalent diploma, you should have secured minimum 60% aggregate marks in both courses.

Interview Question – hr question   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired in TCS through campus selection, there were 2-3 rounds.
1) Written Test, the written test consists of analytically + puzzles and multiple choice questions
2) Technical Interview, the technical interview mostly on the college project & training we did. They tried to understand what we learnt during the training and Project development.
3) HR Interview

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult however they were tricky and resembling, hence it is required to be ensure that the answer must be resembling.   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2010.

Interview Details – The company took an interest in the career fair at my college, where after we had an initial IQ test (a few analytic questions) on day one. After the results were announced all students who had passed the test had been scheduled 2 interviews each on day two (One technical interview + Personal interview). The results of which were announced on the same day and accepted students were provided offer letters

Interview Question – This was probably unexpected than difficult , the question was, "If you were on a trek/tour in a remote place and you were separated from your group and there is no way of communicating with them or tracking them, what would you do"?   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tata Consultancy Services

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tata Consultancy Services interview questions and advice in Mumbai. All 164 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tata Consultancy Services employees and interview candidates.