Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Mumbai, India

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.8

Tata Consultancy Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was good.... Awaiting my offer letter before i comment on anything...:) i have nothing more to say apart frm this...lets c...fingers crossed... I gave it my best shot! Its just that im not sure abt wht am i gonna choose...cos i hv so many options available....so lets c wht hapens ....

Interview Questions

• I was asked many questions abt my career, past experiences...   1 Answer

Negotiation

I am still waiting for my offer letter.. . I am all set for joining but still... I wont comment anythng at this point in time...

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

IT was less technical and more behavioral. I had three rounds of interview, 1 technical and 2 behavioral. The first round was technical where basic coding questions were asked which were mainly C programs. The second round was managerial where behavioral questions were asked. The third round was where senior management asked critical thinking questions followed by salary discussions. Being confident and showing a passion for the job helps.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing you would like to change about the education system   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Applied for off-campus drive. Started with online aptitude test containing English & quantitative analysis. Quite an easy test. Then came the interviews, had technical & management interview combined. Was a good one. Then came the HR interview which seemed to be more of like an yes/no interview.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

In first round they take the aptitude test.
    This test are 50 minute test . and its all about English grammar and mathematical question it is small difficult test
    In second round they take the interview and ask about self and they describe about company & job
    In third round they take group discussion
    After take interview with hr persons.....
    In their total of 6 tob7;round.........

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Good and rigorous , tested personality , practical questions were asked ,situations based questions too Hobbies were asked in detail in hr round and strengths and weaknesses as well .

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thāne (India)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Thāne (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

Aptitude test- Email writing 10 mins & Quantitative test 80 mins for 25 questions
    Followed by Technical/management round
    Followed by HR Interview
    Filtering happens at each stage. If you get selected, you will be mailed the offer letter to your email address.

Interview Questions

• How do you take decisions and what percentage do you attribute to Gut feeling? Two instances where you taken decisions on gut feeling?   Answer Question

ITA, Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

Three rounds of interview
    1)Technical Interview - Questions from your projects+Core Java+JSP+Servlets+Spring+DBMS+SDLC+Unit Testing. Easy questions but covers all the topics
    2)Managerial Interview - Current roles & responsibilities, why TCS, what TCS benefits from you, etc
    3) HR Interview - Salary discussion and Basic HR questions

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were easy, but a vast variety of topics were covered even a lot of questions on SDLC   Answer Question

Got another offer

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

The process consisted of
     1 . Aptitude + Email writing (90 min)
     2 . M.R round
    3 . Technical round
    4 . H.R. round
    The process was completed in a day itself.More than 100 students were selected from eligible 300 students.
    Overall experience was good and got selected.

Interview Questions

• Aptitude was a cakewalk.The technical interview was a bit tough. In M.R round some situation is given which we have to handle   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

Technical Interview followed by an managerial interview and then a HR round
    Technical interview questions were mainly based on sorting methods and what I did in my internship. Managerial interview was a casual round where they asked you about your life and goals. HR round was basically to judge how you would fit in with the company culture.

Interview Questions

• Gave me a puzzle to solve in the technical interview about bulbs and switches how to know which bulb corresponds to which switch   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fixed Salary

Systems Engineer-trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through campus recruitment. The process was-
    1) Aptitude test- Basic quantitative aptitude and verbal aptitude test
    2) Technical and behavioural interview- Questions based on resume and related to your branch of engineering. Little bit of coding was also asked
    3) Hr interview- Very cursory. Family background was asked. The common question was if Relocating to a place other than mumbai is fine.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to final year project, achievements, Mobile communication, algorithms.
      toughest question was hash maps.

Answer Question