Tata Consultancy Services

Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Good and rigorous , tested personality , practical questions were asked ,situations based questions too Hobbies were asked in detail in hr round and strengths and weaknesses as well .

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thāne (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Thāne (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2014.

Aptitude test- Email writing 10 mins & Quantitative test 80 mins for 25 questions
    Followed by Technical/management round
    Followed by HR Interview
    Filtering happens at each stage. If you get selected, you will be mailed the offer letter to your email address.

Interview Questions
    • How do you take decisions and what percentage do you attribute to Gut feeling? Two instances where you taken decisions on gut feeling?   Answer Question

ITA, Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2014.

Three rounds of interview
    1)Technical Interview - Questions from your projects+Core Java+JSP+Servlets+Spring+DBMS+SDLC+Unit Testing. Easy questions but covers all the topics
    2)Managerial Interview - Current roles & responsibilities, why TCS, what TCS benefits from you, etc
    3) HR Interview - Salary discussion and Basic HR questions

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were easy, but a vast variety of topics were covered even a lot of questions on SDLC   Answer Question

Got another offer

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2014.

The process consisted of
     1 . Aptitude + Email writing (90 min)
     2 . M.R round
    3 . Technical round
    4 . H.R. round
    The process was completed in a day itself.More than 100 students were selected from eligible 300 students.
    Overall experience was good and got selected.

Interview Questions
    • Aptitude was a cakewalk.The technical interview was a bit tough. In M.R round some situation is given which we have to handle   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2014.

Technical Interview followed by an managerial interview and then a HR round
    Technical interview questions were mainly based on sorting methods and what I did in my internship. Managerial interview was a casual round where they asked you about your life and goals. HR round was basically to judge how you would fit in with the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • Gave me a puzzle to solve in the technical interview about bulbs and switches how to know which bulb corresponds to which switch   Answer Question
    Fixed Salary

Systems Engineer-trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2014.

I applied through campus recruitment. The process was-
    1) Aptitude test- Basic quantitative aptitude and verbal aptitude test
    2) Technical and behavioural interview- Questions based on resume and related to your branch of engineering. Little bit of coding was also asked
    3) Hr interview- Very cursory. Family background was asked. The common question was if Relocating to a place other than mumbai is fine.

Interview Questions
    • Questions related to final year project, achievements, Mobile communication, algorithms.
      toughest question was hash maps.

Answer Question

Computer Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Technical Interview conducted on phone twice. Then Managerial round and HR round over the phone. No other rounds, no aptitude. Negotiate in HR round as much as possible. Manager round is just for process completion.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Phone interview followed by 1:1 technical question with one of the team lead and then to hiring manager interviewed.
    All question are general and basic related to C/C++ and timing of the work shift
    At last hr interview with basic question and salary discussion

No space of negotiation. mostly gives 10% hike from last salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

There was a walk-in which I attended for software professionals having Microsoft Technologies experience. The Aptitude test was skipped for people having more than 2 years experience and so was for me. The technical interview was conducted by 3 persons for around 45 minutes. The interviewers seemed to be quite experienced Project leads. Had prepared very well for a long time and also had good hands on exp. hence could create a very good impression. Was asked to attend the next round i.e. Management Round wherein a very senior person interviewed me - a Group Leader around 15 years experience. He took a note of my flexibility, clarity of thought and maturity ..questions like...How do you see yourself 5 years and 10 years down the line? etc. He finally assured me that I was almost through. The next was the HR round wherein I was briefed on general information about the organization and also asked several relevant questions like Why TCS? Why do you feel like leaving your previous organization ? etc.

I then left after a total of around 4 hours and was told that I would be informed on phone whether I'm through or not. I was informed in around 12 days and was asked to collect the offer letter and decide my date of joining.

Interview Questions
    • i had prepared for this interview for almost 2 weeks rigorously and for a long time prior to that as well, so as to cover each and every technical area as well as the plan to drive the interview myself by conducting mocks etc. Because of this preparation things went almost the way I had expected. No surprises even though I was quite tense.   Answer Question
    The salary which my previous employer used to give was far too less than TCS average salary and hence there was not much room for negotiation or asking for something they would not be able to give.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2014.

There is an aptitude round .Once selected a group of ppl interview (around 3).They ask technical and behavioral questions. It depends a lot on luck.Sometimes they ask really easy stuff.Be well verse with one programming language and your favourite subjects in engineering.