Tata Consultancy Services

2.8

180 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

ITA, Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2014.

Three rounds of interview
    1)Technical Interview - Questions from your projects+Core Java+JSP+Servlets+Spring+DBMS+SDLC+Unit Testing. Easy questions but covers all the topics
    2)Managerial Interview - Current roles & responsibilities, why TCS, what TCS benefits from you, etc
    3) HR Interview - Salary discussion and Basic HR questions

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were easy, but a vast variety of topics were covered even a lot of questions on SDLC   Answer Question

Got another offer

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2014.

The process consisted of
     1 . Aptitude + Email writing (90 min)
     2 . M.R round
    3 . Technical round
    4 . H.R. round
    The process was completed in a day itself.More than 100 students were selected from eligible 300 students.
    Overall experience was good and got selected.

Interview Questions
    • Aptitude was a cakewalk.The technical interview was a bit tough. In M.R round some situation is given which we have to handle   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2014.

Technical Interview followed by an managerial interview and then a HR round
    Technical interview questions were mainly based on sorting methods and what I did in my internship. Managerial interview was a casual round where they asked you about your life and goals. HR round was basically to judge how you would fit in with the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • Gave me a puzzle to solve in the technical interview about bulbs and switches how to know which bulb corresponds to which switch   Answer Question
    Fixed Salary

Computer Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Technical Interview conducted on phone twice. Then Managerial round and HR round over the phone. No other rounds, no aptitude. Negotiate in HR round as much as possible. Manager round is just for process completion.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Phone interview followed by 1:1 technical question with one of the team lead and then to hiring manager interviewed.
    All question are general and basic related to C/C++ and timing of the work shift
    At last hr interview with basic question and salary discussion

No space of negotiation. mostly gives 10% hike from last salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

There was a walk-in which I attended for software professionals having Microsoft Technologies experience. The Aptitude test was skipped for people having more than 2 years experience and so was for me. The technical interview was conducted by 3 persons for around 45 minutes. The interviewers seemed to be quite experienced Project leads. Had prepared very well for a long time and also had good hands on exp. hence could create a very good impression. Was asked to attend the next round i.e. Management Round wherein a very senior person interviewed me - a Group Leader around 15 years experience. He took a note of my flexibility, clarity of thought and maturity ..questions like...How do you see yourself 5 years and 10 years down the line? etc. He finally assured me that I was almost through. The next was the HR round wherein I was briefed on general information about the organization and also asked several relevant questions like Why TCS? Why do you feel like leaving your previous organization ? etc.

I then left after a total of around 4 hours and was told that I would be informed on phone whether I'm through or not. I was informed in around 12 days and was asked to collect the offer letter and decide my date of joining.

Interview Questions
    • i had prepared for this interview for almost 2 weeks rigorously and for a long time prior to that as well, so as to cover each and every technical area as well as the plan to drive the interview myself by conducting mocks etc. Because of this preparation things went almost the way I had expected. No surprises even though I was quite tense.   Answer Question
    The salary which my previous employer used to give was far too less than TCS average salary and hence there was not much room for negotiation or asking for something they would not be able to give.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Written Test (If you have <2 year experience) , Technical Interview, Manager and HR interview

Fix salary

System Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Campus Placement: Aptitude test followed by technical interview and then managerial review. Elimination at each level.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2014.

Relevant Disciplines
    Electronics/Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering
    Electrical Engineering
    Instrumentation Engineering
    Network Engineering
    MCA with BSc / BCA / BCom / BA (with Math / Statistics Background)

M.Sc in Computer Science / Information Technology

Marks Criteria
    Minimum Aggregate Marks of 60% and above in the first attempt in all academic courses Standard 10th onwards.

Aggregate of all subjects in all semesters to be considered (All subjects mentioned on the mark sheet).

First attempt implies securing 60% and above marks within the normal duration of the course

Improvement exam is not first attempt and hence the marks secured in improvement exams should not be considered to calculate aggregate marks.

In case you have done both, 12thand equivalent diploma, you should have secured minimum 60% aggregate marks in both courses.

Systems Engineer Interview