Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Mumbai, India

2.8

173 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2011.

3 rounds
    1 - technical round (normal)
    2 - management (normal)
    3- HR
    technical round was very easy.
    they asked simple java question also c,c++,network etc.
    also some extra questions abt your hobbies and oher work.
    also about projects done in college and events attended.

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2012.

Campus placement. After an easy aptitude test of quant and verbal, there were 3 rounds, technical, managerial and HR. Technical was very easy, asked to write program for fibonacci series and questions on properties of Java. MR was scenario based like what would you do in this scenario. HR was just a standard tell me about yourself.

Computer Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Technical Interview conducted on phone twice. Then Managerial round and HR round over the phone. No other rounds, no aptitude. Negotiate in HR round as much as possible. Manager round is just for process completion.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Phone interview followed by 1:1 technical question with one of the team lead and then to hiring manager interviewed.
    All question are general and basic related to C/C++ and timing of the work shift
    At last hr interview with basic question and salary discussion

No space of negotiation. mostly gives 10% hike from last salary

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

I applied through campus hiring and the process took two days. It was a very smooth process with everything done online by them. You just had to take two copies of your resume and your mark sheet. I had three rounds, Technical, Managerial and HR. The tech round was one where most questions were asked, mainly about past and current projects. A few questions on programming were also asked. Also, since my field is telecommunications, I was asked about Radars and antennas. Gave them a very detailed explanation about my final year project.

Interview Questions
    • Had asked me about something related to telephony.   View Answer
    No negotiations. Fixed package for the entire college.

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in July 2011.

First you have to clear the aptitude round which consists of around 60 questions.Then came the technical round in which they quiz you on general technology related questions.Third n the final one is the HR round.

Interview Questions
    • You will be deputed anywhere in india ,are you willing to work at any deputed place?   View Answer
    • Are you planning for higher studies?   View Answer
    I was selected through campus placements.There was no negotiation phase.

ASE Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2012.

3 interviews were held. They were:
    1. Technical interview
    2. HR interview
    3. Managerial interview
    Actually the technical interview is the filtering part, if one can pass this phase then things become simpler. Prepare for IQ test since it is the first step in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about the negative frequency that we have in my physics problem and also to explain its physical significance.
      Also during my managerial interview I was asked if you were the team leader for your team how would you manage them in times of stress. For stress a scenario was created like your tell did well but still your boss got angry on the entire team in this case how will you handle your team.
        View Answer

i got into an MBA college.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

There was a walk-in which I attended for software professionals having Microsoft Technologies experience. The Aptitude test was skipped for people having more than 2 years experience and so was for me. The technical interview was conducted by 3 persons for around 45 minutes. The interviewers seemed to be quite experienced Project leads. Had prepared very well for a long time and also had good hands on exp. hence could create a very good impression. Was asked to attend the next round i.e. Management Round wherein a very senior person interviewed me - a Group Leader around 15 years experience. He took a note of my flexibility, clarity of thought and maturity ..questions like...How do you see yourself 5 years and 10 years down the line? etc. He finally assured me that I was almost through. The next was the HR round wherein I was briefed on general information about the organization and also asked several relevant questions like Why TCS? Why do you feel like leaving your previous organization ? etc.

I then left after a total of around 4 hours and was told that I would be informed on phone whether I'm through or not. I was informed in around 12 days and was asked to collect the offer letter and decide my date of joining.

Interview Questions
    • i had prepared for this interview for almost 2 weeks rigorously and for a long time prior to that as well, so as to cover each and every technical area as well as the plan to drive the interview myself by conducting mocks etc. Because of this preparation things went almost the way I had expected. No surprises even though I was quite tense.   Answer Question
    The salary which my previous employer used to give was far too less than TCS average salary and hence there was not much room for negotiation or asking for something they would not be able to give.

Transformation Manager - TCS ION Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in July 2012.

I was hired through a 3rd party pay roll or an agency. The interview was telephonic with the TCS team I was going to be placed with. Wasn't asked much questions, my resume was fine with them and was only asked if I could join immediately. I obviously said yes and was hired immediately.
    My position was onsite customer based hence not directly connected to the TCS management.

Interview Questions
    • As their requirement was extremely urgent, there was no difficult question asked at all   Answer Question
    Majority of the interview processes are process oriented with multiple rounds. Best of luck.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2011.

Hiring procedure is not more difficult. There is one Technical Interview followed by one HR Interview. Technical interview is totally related to basic computer science questions and some questions related to C and C++.

Interview Questions

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!