Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Tata Consultancy Services
- Assistant Systems Engineer (616)
- Software Engineer (303)
- Systems Engineer (224)
- Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee (221)
- IT Analyst (115)
- Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) (84)
- Business Analyst (79)
- Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee (54)
- Assistant Systems Engineer-trainee (51)
- Associate Software Engineer (48)
- ASE Trainee (42)
- ASE (41)
- Assistant Software Engineer Trainee (37)
- Engineering (35)
- Project Manager (33)
- Senior Software Engineer (32)
- Developer (26)
- Associate Systems Engineer (24)
- Consultant (20)
- Programmer Analyst (20)
- ITA (18)
- Fresher (18)
- Systems Analyst (18)
- System Engineer (17)
- Software Developer (16)
- Senior Process Associate (16)
- Engineer (15)
- Assistant Consultant (15)
- Associate Consultant (14)
- Assistant Systems ANalyst (14)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2014.
Technical Interview followed by an managerial interview and then a HR round Technical interview questions were mainly based on sorting methods and what I did in my internship. Managerial interview was a casual round where they asked you about your life and goals. HR round was basically to judge how you would fit in with the company culture.
- Gave me a puzzle to solve in the technical interview about bulbs and switches how to know which bulb corresponds to which switch Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2014.
It was an on campus process wherein the company had come to recruit freshers from BE and ME background. Initially there was a pre placement talk followed by an aptitude test consisting of simple quant and logical questions. After clearing aptitude, there was a technical interview followed by an HR interview for those who cleared the technical round. After clearing the HR round the candidate was selected and given offer letter
- Basic code snippet in my comfortable programming language Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).
Technical Interview conducted on phone twice. Then Managerial round and HR round over the phone. No other rounds, no aptitude. Negotiate in HR round as much as possible. Manager round is just for process completion.
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in August 2014.
Poor hiring process, the recruitor was unable to confirm a joining date. On the day of induction i was asked to go for medical tests being over 30 and my joining was postponed. Not at all organised recruitment team.
- Are you able to meet the thresholds provided. The process has very stringent goals. 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).
Phone interview followed by 1:1 technical question with one of the team lead and then to hiring manager interviewed. All question are general and basic related to C/C++ and timing of the work shift At last hr interview with basic question and salary discussion
- No difficult question as such. 1 Answer
No space of negotiation. mostly gives 10% hike from last salary
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).
There was a walk-in which I attended for software professionals having Microsoft Technologies experience. The Aptitude test was skipped for people having more than 2 years experience and so was for me. The technical interview was conducted by 3 persons for around 45 minutes. The interviewers seemed to be quite experienced Project leads. Had prepared very well for a long time and also had good hands on exp. hence could create a very good impression. Was asked to attend the next round i.e. Management Round wherein a very senior person interviewed me - a Group Leader around 15 years experience. He took a note of my flexibility, clarity of thought and maturity ..questions like...How do you see yourself 5 years and 10 years down the line? etc. He finally assured me that I was almost through. The next was the HR round wherein I was briefed on general information about the organization and also asked several relevant questions like Why TCS? Why do you feel like leaving your previous organization ? etc. I then left after a total of around 4 hours and was told that I would be informed on phone whether I'm through or not. I was informed in around 12 days and was asked to collect the offer letter and decide my date of joining.
- i had prepared for this interview for almost 2 weeks rigorously and for a long time prior to that as well, so as to cover each and every technical area as well as the plan to drive the interview myself by conducting mocks etc. Because of this preparation things went almost the way I had expected. No surprises even though I was quite tense. Answer Question
The salary which my previous employer used to give was far too less than TCS average salary and hence there was not much room for negotiation or asking for something they would not be able to give.
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Thāne (India)) in July 2014.
Campus placement the usual aptitude test then tech interview then hr round the usual tcs campus recruitment routine the aptitude test was kind of hard but manageable in tech interview they ask tricky questions to check your confidence n knowledge
- how to compare 2 numbers without using logical operators Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Vikhroli (India)) in June 2014.
There were 3 rounds. first was the group discussion after group discussion there was an aptitude test then operation round. Manager takes the operation round. He generally ask why do you want TCS.
- tell me about yourself Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in May 2014.
There is an aptitude round .Once selected a group of ppl interview (around 3).They ask technical and behavioral questions. It depends a lot on luck.Sometimes they ask really easy stuff.Be well verse with one programming language and your favourite subjects in engineering.
- Asked questions of networks, java and micrpocessor. Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).
Written Test (If you have <2 year experience) , Technical Interview, Manager and HR interview
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review