Tata Consultancy Services (North America) Interview Questions

2.6

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) in February 2014.

Hiring process was very slow but once they like you , things move much faster. First interview has been an HR interview. Next interview was very detailed by the Hiring Manager and technology oriented but I thoroughly enjoyed the interview.

The Hiring Manager had a vision for his group. I was really moved by the strategic thinking he had and was desperate to be on his group and finally I got what I wanted.

Interview Questions
    • How would you architect a mobile middle ware solution? What are the current technology options.   Answer Question

Mobility Group, Designer Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America).

Overall really good process, Nice group, people were to the point.Most of the time general questions based on the position and also portfolio.

Interview Questions
    • Not that I remember, it was pretty straight forward interview based on the experience and portfolio.   Answer Question

Did not get expected compensation.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) in July 2013.

got a phone interview from the recruiters at TCS two days after another recruiting company sent my application to them.

Domain Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) in May 2013.

The position details were/are:
    ● Execute breakthrough domain consulting engagements
    ● Articulate & architect business solutions
    ● Provide thought leadership to customer relationships - share industry trends and best practices
    ● Move relationships up the value chain through domain alignment of IT services
    ● Engage with industry analysts
    ● Participate in industry forums and seminars – authoring white papers internally and jointly with customers
    ● Work with industry bodies as MESA, ISA, SCOR and academic institutions to bring in contemporary business expertise, best practices and bench marks
    ● Business Planning & Strategy Formulation
    ● Develop industry specific solutions
    ● Build world class assets and frameworks

There was a long time line involved. Received interest from the recruiter on 4/3, and finally had a phone interview with one (1) TCS employee on 4/22. Throughout the next 4 weeks all I heard was that TCS needed more time to evaluate the candidates.

On 5/6/2013 I was asked to be available on either 5/10/13 or 5/17/13 for a face-to-face interview, and that TCS would purchase the appropriate airfare for me. I scheduled the 5/17/2013 interview time slot.

I thought I would save TCS some money by driving the 10 or so hours round-trip to the interview, rather than TCS paying for airfare and a rental car. All I asked for was one night in a hotel and mileage reimbursement which would have been hundred's less than flying.

The face-to-face interview took place on 5/17/2013 as scheduled.
    I filed my expense reimbursement form for hotel, mileage, and a meal on 5/22/2013 with both TCS and the recruiter .

And waited for an employment response and an expense reimbursement.

On 6/12/2013 I finally heard back from the recruiter "that although I had rich PLM experience, I would be over qualified for the role as a Windchill PLM developer role they were looking to fill".

Apparently the role I interviewed for twice and the role they were truly looking to fill were two totally different positions.

And....... I'm still waiting for my travel expense reimbursement.

Client Partner Interview

Two levels of interview based on track record. At first it is by business head and the second is business group heads. Both will be conducted by VP/SVP level executives.

The whole interview will be based on your outlook for a particular company or the vertical.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to give long term commitment. Anything less than 3 years may not be attractive to them   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) in January 2013.

I got my resume into TCS through a friend. They had been courting me for a while. I got laid off from a consulting gig, so I reached out to them. I had a phone interview with HR, then one with a peer consultant. Then they flew me to a face-to-face with the boss. I was very prepared, but he did all the talking. We negotiated salary on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • The peer consultant I interviewed with was having a real problem with a client and asked how I would solve it.   View Answer
    Negotiated at the final interview. I was not satisfied with the outcome, but I needed a gig at the time. If you really want to negotiate with TCS, be ready to walk away if don't get what you want.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) in March 2012.

There were 3 rounds first two are technical and last one was managerial.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) in June 2011.

Interview process was very easy, but took very long time.
    I had phone screen and 1:1 with manager, finally agree on the term of offer. Recruiter lied about the timeline as well as offer, at the end I decided that this is not the type of company you want to work. Takes long time for anything to be done.

Interview Questions

Recruiter/management lied about the offer and timeline, can't work for company you can't even trust!

Software Engineer - Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) in December 2010.

I applied online and was contacted the same day by a HR representative. I had three phone interviews, the first of which was a technical screen lasting about 15-20 minutes, a second non-technical interview with a manager, and finally an HR screen to ensure a proper personality fit and sound teamwork skills. Received an offer letter the next day, and background check (references, educational verification, criminal history, etc) was completed within one week of my accepting the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What are the steps in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and what are the differences between the Waterfall and Agile development processes?   View Answer
    • Please describe PL/SQL and HTML (including what they are used for and what the general syntax looks like).   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) in November 2010.

A few phone ca;;s from Company and client. 1:1 in person interview.

Salary and Vacation

See What Tata Consultancy Services (North America) Employees Are Saying

Current Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Pros: “Solid Company with many opportunities in US and overseas.” Full Review