Tata Consultancy Services (North America)

www.tcs.com
Engaged Employer

Tata Consultancy Services (North America) Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.5

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Webster, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Had tow round of interviews. Both phone interviews. First : A person from TCs called and asked basic OOPS, .Net and database questions. -15 minutes Second: Client interview. A person from Xerox called and asked about the current project, technologies used. - 30 minutes

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Unorganized

Interview Questions

• How will I compete with other employees who have more experience than me   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiaton

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) in April 2014.

Interview

Had a skype interview with HR, which only took about 20 minutes, and immediately after had a technical phone interview. The technical interview was very straightforward, there were no surprises. About three days later I got a call back with an offer.

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) in March 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was whatever user experience group wanted it to be. The quality of talent is somewhere between the kitchen sink and the sewage system. There is no sense of ownership, responsibility or talent from the management to set their team up for success. If you can talk in circles for hours and you know the UX buzzwords without knowing their meaning, you can get a job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Dallas, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Hiring process was very slow but once they like you , things move much faster. First interview has been an HR interview. Next interview was very detailed by the Hiring Manager and technology oriented but I thoroughly enjoyed the interview. The Hiring Manager had a vision for his group. I was really moved by the strategic thinking he had and was desperate to be on his group and finally I got what I wanted.

Interview Questions

• How would you architect a mobile middle ware solution? What are the current technology options.   Answer Question

Mobility Group, Designer Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Overall really good process, Nice group, people were to the point.Most of the time general questions based on the position and also portfolio.

Interview Questions

• Not that I remember, it was pretty straight forward interview based on the experience and portfolio.   Answer Question

Did not get expected compensation.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) in July 2013.

Interview

got a phone interview from the recruiters at TCS two days after another recruiting company sent my application to them.

Client Partner Interview

Interview

Two levels of interview based on track record. At first it is by business head and the second is business group heads. Both will be conducted by VP/SVP level executives. The whole interview will be based on your outlook for a particular company or the vertical.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to give long term commitment. Anything less than 3 years may not be attractive to them   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Edison, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

I got my resume into TCS through a friend. They had been courting me for a while. I got laid off from a consulting gig, so I reached out to them. I had a phone interview with HR, then one with a peer consultant. Then they flew me to a face-to-face with the boss. I was very prepared, but he did all the talking. We negotiated salary on the spot.

Interview Questions

• The peer consultant I interviewed with was having a real problem with a client and asked how I would solve it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated at the final interview. I was not satisfied with the outcome, but I needed a gig at the time. If you really want to negotiate with TCS, be ready to walk away if don't get what you want.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

There were 3 rounds first two are technical and last one was managerial.

Interview Questions

See What Tata Consultancy Services (North America) Employees Are Saying

Current Anonymous Employee

Pros: “Management is very nice and my team is as well. They provide training for about a month and a signing bonus.”“Management is very nice and my team is as well. They provide training for about a month and a signing bonus.” – Full Review