Tata Consultancy Services (North America) Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2014

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I had on campus interview and a Skype interview. I am waiting for my final interview. I felt like they are very laid back but the lady wasn't prepare to interview me.

Interview Questions
  • You haven't taken any object oriented languages so idk what to ask ...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services (North America)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America).

Unorganized

Interview Questions
    • How will I compete with other employees who have more experience than me   Answer Question
    No negotiaton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) in May 2009.

Sat in a room with a manager, HR woman, and a software engineer. They asked very general questions about what I would like to do with my career and a few basic techical questions to test for familiarity with technologies...like what is an absolute class in java, and stuff about jdbc. The interview was about 25 minutes, with no further interviews...Probably the most minimal interview for a tech job I've had. The HR woman inititially contacted me during the last month of my college education while I was job searching.

Interview Questions

Low pay, and I've read a lot of bad reviews about working for the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) in January 2009.

Technical Phone
    Manager interview
    HR interview

Interview Questions
    • Mostly questions related to programming past projects and specif experience. JAVA or .NET and DATABASES   Answer Question

Low pay
    poor benefits

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) in October 2011.

It was a well managed process.the hr team was very friendly and the negotiated in a friendly manner.they ease the pressure off the students.

Interview Questions
    • How you can be a boon to our company even in critical situations?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) in March 2011.

the interview was considerable

Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) in June 2010.

got contacts from tcs, then some one in india call me for first interview. questions are related my education background such as major, and gpa. also they were interesting in your job perspective in TCs and your team skills. after first one, i got a interview with manager for technical interview. some questions related to oop concept. last interview was with two ASE from india. also tecnical related.

Interview Questions
    • i was asked to implement a graph algoritham (i dont remember now) through phone   Answer Question