Tata Consultancy Services (North America)

www.tcs.com
Engaged Employer

Tata Consultancy Services (North America) Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.4

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America).

Interview

Met them at a job fair. First they have a simple skill based test right there (which I kinda bypassed because I just told him what I knew and what I worked on before we got to the questions and he said I was good enough). After that they schedule an on campus interview. After that I got a call a few weeks later telling me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you use a switch statement for: I did not know the answer so he asked me another one. Say you had user input and you knew that they might enter text instead of a number. How would you handle it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services (North America)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Application submitted through a friend. Was contacted by recruiter 1 week later, initial interview was HR related and behavioral. Setup a tech interview 1 week later. Technical interview over Skype had easy java questions. Basic stuff.

Interview Questions

• Using java print a string every third iteration.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, entry level fixed salary. Initially under average offer but was adjusted for California standards.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had on campus interview and a Skype interview. I am waiting for my final interview. I felt like they are very laid back but the lady wasn't prepare to interview me.

Interview Questions

• You haven't taken any object oriented languages so idk what to ask ...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Unorganized

Interview Questions

• How will I compete with other employees who have more experience than me   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiaton

Anonymous Employee in Milford, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Milford, OH) in May 2009.

Interview

Sat in a room with a manager, HR woman, and a software engineer. They asked very general questions about what I would like to do with my career and a few basic techical questions to test for familiarity with technologies...like what is an absolute class in java, and stuff about jdbc. The interview was about 25 minutes, with no further interviews...Probably the most minimal interview for a tech job I've had. The HR woman inititially contacted me during the last month of my college education while I was job searching.

Interview Questions

Low pay, and I've read a lot of bad reviews about working for the company.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2009.

Interview

Technical Phone Manager interview HR interview

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions related to programming past projects and specif experience. JAVA or .NET and DATABASES   Answer Question

Low pay poor benefits

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) in October 2011.

Interview

It was a well managed process.the hr team was very friendly and the negotiated in a friendly manner.they ease the pressure off the students.

Interview Questions

• How you can be a boon to our company even in critical situations?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) (Mumbai (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

the interview was considerable

Interview Questions

• what is the color of the wall behind you?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (North America) in June 2010.

Interview

got contacts from tcs, then some one in india call me for first interview. questions are related my education background such as major, and gpa. also they were interesting in your job perspective in TCs and your team skills. after first one, i got a interview with manager for technical interview. some questions related to oop concept. last interview was with two ASE from india. also tecnical related.

Interview Questions

• i was asked to implement a graph algoritham (i dont remember now) through phone   Answer Question