Tata Consultancy Services

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Calcutta (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2013.

Interview Details – For fresher interview process is 3 tier based- 1st round is a aptitude test ,round 2 personal interview and 3rd round with Business HR.
Experienced should generate a EPIR number with the help of any TCS employee and then proceed with the various rounds

Interview Question – For freshers i will suggest you to brush up all your 10 STD mathematics and little bit of logic's.
Experienced should be familiar with there previous tools and company.
  View Answer

Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process used to be very smooth. A candidate has to surpass various rounds which tests their skills. Apart from these, final round will be held with manager of the team and sometimes team leader will also be there to check the candidate attitude. A person who surpasses all the rounds and make an entry to manager round are most probably selected.. 70 % chance is assured.

Interview Question – Why are you choosing TCS? and Why are you leaving the previous organization. How was the work culture there and what was your job routine.   View Answer

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process is just the common procedure which you might already know about.
If you are a fresher the process will include a IQ test in written format and followed by three interactive sessions.

Interview Question – It depends on the interviewer and the applicant.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hence I joined as a fresher there was no negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chennai (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2010.

Interview Details – Written , PI- 2 rounds, phone interview and hr interview where you have to explain about your schooling ,college and work experience. excel should be known to the person. Microsoft office is a important criteria.

Interview Question – Nothing like that   View Answer

Negotiation Details – nothing

Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2008.

Interview Details – Being a huge organisation and lots of hiring interview takes lot of time currently, earlier it was an easy process, Time management was good and effective communication which currently lacks.

Interview Question – Depends on the role you are applying for as a fresher not much difficult questions are presented but yes HR round and Group Panel interview is difficult   View Answer

Vadodara (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2011.

Interview Details – There were 4 rounds of interview. First was aptitude test, after clearing it there were 2 oral interviews. And in last there was a HR interview. Every person was very clear about their qoustions and they ask questions only that will hepl us in working with the company. some general knowledge about market research, about us and our family back ground, our hobbies, and what will we do if selected for the job etc questions were asked in the interview.

Interview Question – As i was not in the technical process thats why i was not asked any technical question at the time of interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was you also ask some qoestions about the work and the job. You should be asked for work in night shift then just accept it.

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2008.

Interview Details – Entrance Test followed by Personal Interview

Negotiation Details – No there was no process on Negotiation

Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2011.

Interview Details – was good but it took long time to get know that i was selected for the process. HR even don't know about the status from opration leader.

Interview Question – tell me some thing about your self...   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2009.

Interview Details – Campus placement interview, 1 interview. was asked about general accounting knowledge and told about what the job may demand, was interviewed on personal questions about my family background.

Interview Question – Asked about offside trap in football?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2010.

Interview Details – First, there was this skill test that was needed to be cleared. It was more of an analytical skill test like the MBA B school entrance exams.
After clearing that, there was this HR interview 1st. I was asked about my background, education and why I want to join them.
After clearing HR, I had the management interview, where I was asked behavioral questions on leadership, team building.

Interview Question – What would you do if your team is not working together uniformly?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a pre decided package by them for level1, so no negotiations.

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!