Tata Consultancy Services Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2015
Updated Jan 15, 2015

2.9

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

One phone interview, and one face-to-face. Two individuals interviewed me and one did all the talking. He was very knowledgable and they made me feel comfortable. the interview started on time and lasted for 20 minutes. I got an offer two day later.

Interview Questions
  • No difficult questions, but I was impressed by the knowledge of the intervewer   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2014.

When I started job hunt, I was not getting any calls by applying to company websites directly. Even on linked in, dice jobs I was not getting calls for full time opportunity. My resume was picked up by one of consulting companies and they submitted my profile to TCS.
    With TCS I had very good discussion with the current managers, I was interviewed on my expertise, work experiences, challenges, reason for leaving the current employer after such a long time etc.

Interview Questions
    • I think one of tricky question was - Having status of Permanent Resident; why am I joining a outsourcing company   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2014.

There were several phone interviews before one in-person interview with the client. Phone interviews were conducted by 2 recruiters from an agency. One phone interview with Tata rep was horrible, as he could barely speak English and was very hard to understand. Client conducted final interview, but the Tata rep called with the offer. Again, because of his poor English, it took me a few minutes to understand that he was offering me a job!

Interview Questions
    • The client asked all the expected questions. I was surprised that they asked me to send work samples to the Tata rep, not them, because I was not going to be working with the Tata rep, and he worked in a different field than I do. There was no way he could have evaluated my work correctly.   View Answer
    Lots of back-and-forth between Tata and the recruiter, who originally told me it paid $30 an hour. After the offer, he said $22, which is when I slammed on the brakes. Suddenly he didn't remember the $30 offer, and acted like it would be hard to negotiate. I finally got them to agree to $28, but it took a couple of weeks.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Recruitment process is very disjointed. Tata recruiters are very aggressive during the initial engagement process, but fade into oblivion One could be left hanging for months with no feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Recruiter did not present any interview questions other than 'can you perform duties in job description?'.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Quite a lengthy process from interview to start

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2010.

It was client interview on phone

Interview Questions
    no scope of negotiation. Employer pays as per their policy for US onsite deputations

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Walk-in and multiple rounds, HR and Management Interviews. Tata Consultancy Services negotiate a lot on the salary. Don't negotiate on the CTC but negotiate on the fixed component.
    Be careful before appearing for interview at the Tata Consultancy Services. This is not a place recommended for Senior, experienced and good performers. You could be asked to leave the company any time, while you are in active assignment with this company.

I can say TCS is not at all a pay master

Questions from PMI
    There were 3 rounds
    1. Technical round
    2. Management Round
    3. HR Round

The technical round is the one that is important and the rest are all mere formality.

Depending on the requirement, the questions varies.
    Importance is given to practical knowlege and also if certified (like PMP), questions are asked from them as well.

Interview Questions
    Lot of negotiations with too much process to be followed. And lots of delays

Project Manager Interview

easy nothing to worry about..they wil take almoist all the students who appear.good place to work for.one of the largest company in the world.first was an online test and an email test..almost all will b advanced.den a formal interview.stick to ur basics

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Calcutta (India)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

2 Technical Round and 1 HR round .It was very very difficult . They ask difficult question and ask vey long long questions. Time consuming and they very long hours to complete the session.