Tata Consultancy Services

Updated Oct 10, 2014

1.7

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2014.

There were several phone interviews before one in-person interview with the client. Phone interviews were conducted by 2 recruiters from an agency. One phone interview with Tata rep was horrible, as he could barely speak English and was very hard to understand. Client conducted final interview, but the Tata rep called with the offer. Again, because of his poor English, it took me a few minutes to understand that he was offering me a job!

Interview Questions
    • The client asked all the expected questions. I was surprised that they asked me to send work samples to the Tata rep, not them, because I was not going to be working with the Tata rep, and he worked in a different field than I do. There was no way he could have evaluated my work correctly.   View Answer
    Lots of back-and-forth between Tata and the recruiter, who originally told me it paid $30 an hour. After the offer, he said $22, which is when I slammed on the brakes. Suddenly he didn't remember the $30 offer, and acted like it would be hard to negotiate. I finally got them to agree to $28, but it took a couple of weeks.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2013.

Interview process can be rocky, was recruited by an unknown firm from another state- group type interview that lasted less than 5 minutes at a hotel. Lots of phone calls, hit or miss, not sure if the entire process was real, but turned out great for me. Just be patient. Indian company not American and they have different processes than we're accustomed to -

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions or surprises at all   View Answer
    Very easy to negotiate

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2012.

External recruiter was used. The interviews were very very short, not very technical. The hiring process was extremely confusing. The position was temporary out of state but they tried to have me relocate for $4,000!

Interview Questions
    I was really looking for contract work but was offered what was essentially a contract but with all expenses paid, so I never negotiated the salary, alas.
    So it was just their offer and I said fine.