Tata Consultancy Services Software Developer Interview Questions

2.9

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2012.

Very basic questions. They really needed someone at the project.

Basic Java questions.

Interview Questions
No negotiations. I wanted to start get a job as quickly as I could. So accepted it right away.

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2010.

They called me up a few times, asked me some excessively simple questions and made me an offer. At one point one of the guys who was supposed to call me just plain didn't. I should have known something was up because of how excessively easy the interview was, and management not calling me back after asking for the call soon became the norm.

Interview Questions
    • What are the three concepts behind Object Oriented programming?   View Answer
    Take it or leave it. You are wholly replaceable to them.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2014.

Applied through university's online career portal. Received an HR phone interview with basic questions about location, salary expectations, and language familiarity, etc. After a week or so, there was an in-person interview at the job site. The in-person interview consisted of a short 10-min HR interview with similar phone interview questions followed by an technical interview. The technical interview had many unexpected questions. All the questions I would normally expect such as OOP concepts, write an algorithm, and SQL queries were not asked.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about my proficiency with Microsoft Office and then an Excel question where there's 2 columns of elements and the goal was to find the SQL left join and right join using Excel only.   View Answer
    • In SQL, the difference between procedure and function   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2014.

I applied for the job through LI. Got call from HR and subsequently the technical team called after a week. The HR was very friendly and was accomodative of my schedule for the interview and even the technical team was nice. The technical interview lasted for nearly an hour. They started with experience and exposure to work environment, project experience, technical skills and tools knowledge. Then they went into the key skills required for the project and asked specific technical questions in Java/J2EE/JDBC/Spring/Hibernate. The questions started from basic and went into advance levels like multithreading, exception handling , Garbage collection etc. They asked about unix shell scripts and JDBC connectivity, testing methodology and configuration management.

Software Developer Interview

Writtem test, tr and hr as a single round

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Got a call from HR. She was nice and told me that she will be passing my resume into the technical team for my technical interview. That was suppose to be the day after.

I got a call two days after asking when I would be available from the technical guys. I told them the next day at a specific time. They did not call and called 2 more days after unexpectedly and demanded for me to take the tech interview on the spot while I was at work. Did that and passed it.

I got a call after 2 weeks in the morning telling me that I did well on my technical interview so they wanted me to go for an in person interview in the afternoon on the same day which I was totally not prepared for. I wasnt even dressed for it as they called me while I was at work. I tried prosponing it, but they didnt let me. I was forced to go for a same day interview. I thought the job was in mississauga, but found out then that it was actually in north york.

When i got to north york, I realized that it was an interview not with TCS internal staff but with the client which is a bank and that it was an onsite position that I had applied for. It feels so disorganized since i was finding out critical information out last minute. I went into the interview all unprepared and undressed and crashed and burned.

Got a call a week later telling me that I got turned down.

Interview Questions
    • The difference between a unique key and a primary key within the context of an sql server.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Very easy in nature and not so focus on the technical proficiency. There is a psychological evaluation as well which i felt was arbitrary. Any average graduate would get through the interview process.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2011.

Interview Process-Their was 4 Rounds,First Round is Aptitude test in that i didnt got selected, Second Round is Technical Round,Third Round is Communications Round,Fourth Round is HR Round.

Software Developer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2010.

it started with written exam and then 3 rounds of 1:1 interviews and ended with HR interview

Software Developer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2008.

There was a computer based IQ test, followed by the interview. IQ test was kind of tough in nature , but all the questions mostly repeat in TCS computer based test . So , I strongly recommend to get the feed back from the seniors . Interview was technical not much HR questions involved . They asked some questions regarding the data structure and c.