Tata Consultancy Services

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2012.

Interview Details – Very basic questions. They really needed someone at the project.

Basic Java questions.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. I wanted to start get a job as quickly as I could. So accepted it right away.

Very Easy Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2010.

Interview Details – They called me up a few times, asked me some excessively simple questions and made me an offer. At one point one of the guys who was supposed to call me just plain didn't. I should have known something was up because of how excessively easy the interview was, and management not calling me back after asking for the call soon became the norm.

Interview Question – What are the three concepts behind Object Oriented programming?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it. You are wholly replaceable to them.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the job through LI. Got call from HR and subsequently the technical team called after a week. The HR was very friendly and was accomodative of my schedule for the interview and even the technical team was nice. The technical interview lasted for nearly an hour. They started with experience and exposure to work environment, project experience, technical skills and tools knowledge. Then they went into the key skills required for the project and asked specific technical questions in Java/J2EE/JDBC/Spring/Hibernate. The questions started from basic and went into advance levels like multithreading, exception handling , Garbage collection etc. They asked about unix shell scripts and JDBC connectivity, testing methodology and configuration management.

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – Writtem test, tr and hr as a single round

Interview Question – extern int fun()
int fun()
are both declarations same??
  Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – Got a call from HR. She was nice and told me that she will be passing my resume into the technical team for my technical interview. That was suppose to be the day after.

I got a call two days after asking when I would be available from the technical guys. I told them the next day at a specific time. They did not call and called 2 more days after unexpectedly and demanded for me to take the tech interview on the spot while I was at work. Did that and passed it.

I got a call after 2 weeks in the morning telling me that I did well on my technical interview so they wanted me to go for an in person interview in the afternoon on the same day which I was totally not prepared for. I wasnt even dressed for it as they called me while I was at work. I tried prosponing it, but they didnt let me. I was forced to go for a same day interview. I thought the job was in mississauga, but found out then that it was actually in north york.

When i got to north york, I realized that it was an interview not with TCS internal staff but with the client which is a bank and that it was an onsite position that I had applied for. It feels so disorganized since i was finding out critical information out last minute. I went into the interview all unprepared and undressed and crashed and burned.

Got a call a week later telling me that I got turned down.

Interview Question – The difference between a unique key and a primary key within the context of an sql server.   View Answer

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – Very easy in nature and not so focus on the technical proficiency. There is a psychological evaluation as well which i felt was arbitrary. Any average graduate would get through the interview process.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interview Process-Their was 4 Rounds,First Round is Aptitude test in that i didnt got selected, Second Round is Technical Round,Third Round is Communications Round,Fourth Round is HR Round.

Interview Question – Aptitude   Answer Question

Software Developer

The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2008.

Interview Details – There was a computer based IQ test, followed by the interview. IQ test was kind of tough in nature , but all the questions mostly repeat in TCS computer based test . So , I strongly recommend to get the feed back from the seniors . Interview was technical not much HR questions involved . They asked some questions regarding the data structure and c.

Interview Question – make a C program to invert the data of a string   Answer Question

Software Developer

The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2010.

Interview Details – it started with written exam and then 3 rounds of 1:1 interviews and ended with HR interview

Interview Question – design and implementation of tic tac toe   Answer Question

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!