Tata Consultancy Services

Getting the Interview

200 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2013.

Interview Details – The process was nice, initial campus HR interview, followed by Information session and Technical Interview. Technical questions weren't hard mostly related to resume asking for more information on experience and or class projects as relevant.

Interview Question – What is one out of the box solution to a problem you have encountered at work/school?   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2014.

Interview Details – During the career fair I was given the opportunity to do a phone interview. After my first interview, which was the overall of the company and the basic questions about myself, I was offered a second interview.

Interview Question – What is an Index   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – The initial exam is a written exam in which questions on basic reasoning are asked. This includes quantitative and qualitative reasoning. The questions can be prepared from Agarwal series or from the gre question banks

Interview Question – All questions very basic   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – Met with company representatives at my university's career fair and was scheduled for an interview the next day. The interview lasted for about 40 minutes and included both behavioral questions (from an HR representative) and technical questions (from a software engineer employee). The technical questions were comprehensive over the languages that I had on my resume. If you know the languages you say you do, the questions will be easy. The interviewers were friendly and engaging.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult if you know your stuff. If you're shaky on a language, you might want to brush up on it. An example question was to describe the process of inheritance in Java (e.g. keywords and advantages).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – Recruiters came on campus for career fair. Scheduled an on campus interview the following day. The interview comprised of normal java programming questions. Received an offer a week later.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2014.

Interview Details – After speaking to recruiting team at the career fair, we set up an interview for the following day. At the interview it was a two-part process which involved a technical interview with two other people, and a people's skills interview. After the interview I received an offer after about a week and a half, and was given another three weeks to decide to accept or decline the offer.

Interview Question – Give me an example of some challenges you faced while you were a part of an ethnically diverse team.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – Career Fair on Campus got me a interview. Was with a HR and aTechnical person who asked various questions. Technical was just OOC basics easily studied. AFter the interview they seemed very friendly and assured I would be getting a call to come to their campus. After a few weeks they then emailed me and set up a Smart Start that I applied for. Few days before the Smart Start they said my GPA was not up to standards and that I would not be considered for the position.

Interview Question – Very simple c++ question. Only asked one question and I went into detail which then answered his whole list of questions   Answer Question

Houston, TX

Interview Details – Received interview the day of the career fair and interviewed the following day. Basic behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What did I like about programming.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2013.

Interview Details – I first went through an HR interview on my college campus and was invited the technical interview which was located in their headquarters. At their headquarters they talked about their company, what they do, and provided lunch. After the interview, the decision was made an hour or so afterwards where I found that I had received the job offer.

Interview Question – All basic MySQL and programming basics questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Heard later from a colleague who worked there that it wasn't a very employee friendly environment but they made the employees compete with each other instead.

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – There were 4 rounds and the toppers of the branch were excluded from the 1st written test. The written test had analytical and verbal questions. It was followed by HR, technical and MR rounds. Technical comprised of few programming questions like linked list and datastructure implementations. Few logical questions from OS.

Interview Question – Rating ourselves for each skill that I possess and giving exampels for each skill. Given a scenario gow would I react type questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tata Consultancy Services

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tata Consultancy Services Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 200 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tata Consultancy Services employees and interview candidates.