Tata Consultancy Services Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Fairly typical interview. The standard stuff along with a few very simple programming questions. Probably one of the easier interviews I have encountered. If you have ever had an interview before than this one will be cake. Interview took place on campus and lasted roughly 30 minutes. They are basically want to know that you actually learned something about programming during your time in college.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you had conflict and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
Non-negotiable... all college recruits received same offer based on location.

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA
    Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2015.

I learned of the company through an on campus career fair. The two employees I met with at the fair were very interested in me and the key aspects of my resume seemed to match very closely with what they were looking for. The two employees that were my interviewers the next day were very intent on grilling me on other aspects of my skills outlined by my resume. They were also very interested in what I wanted out of a company I worked for.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2015.

Came to college career fair, was setting up interviews for the following day on campus. They said about 2 weeks to hear back. I got a call a week later offering me a job and saying that I would have 2 weeks to accept the job offer that would be emailed to me. The job offer took a week to be emailed to me and they only gave me a week to accept or decline. They did not mention that the 2 week time period started from the phone call offer. I had almost no time to review the benefits or the policies for the company. The offer was also very middle of the road. Not a bad offer just not enough to stand out.

Interview Questions
    • Typical HR questions and technical questions for the position.   Answer Question

Between the face that they only gave me a week to review the offer when they said I would have 2, and the policies of employment being very strict. No working for a list of companies (about 6) or any clients you have done work for up to a year after employment as well as without their express permission you can not do any business with anyone else (no independent work).

Software Engineer Interview

it was good contains a lot of technical disussions ,& then client interview , process is a little slow , to get your offer letter released.the rest is fine , working here is a good experience

good

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2014.

Applied in the campus, gave them resume directly, 3 days later HR contacted me to schedule interview. In the first round, it is just about some behavior question, like why you choose this company. The second round is the technical interview, there is no coding problems, just basic conceptual things based on your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Just very basic conceptual questions based on you resume   Answer Question

better offer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through school, got the interview the week after. Two people ask you different questions, one the HR, simple behavioral questions. The technical person asks you about the projects and things that you listed on your resume. Before the programming questions he/she asks you what is your favorite language.
    Anyways the technical questions are pretty straight forward, simple programming questions,for example, what is operator overloading, what is the difference between C and C++, etc. I listed Linux in my resume, so if you do the same just expect them to ask you commands, for example, what is the difference between vi and vim, etc.
    Also, he asked me to write a program on a piece of paper, just a simple program, my guess is that he didn't care about the program, he focused on syntax.

Interview Questions
    • I should have expected this question, but i did not prepare for it. The technical person asked me, other than schools projects and the languages i learned. what technology i am interested in, then he continued with the technology that he currently uses in TATA.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Tata Consultancy Services did not impress me. Their recruiters were late to Skype interviews and contacted me from a different time zone without tell me.

I contacted Tata from an email regarding an online career fair which was the equivalent of a chat room. I submitted the required documents and was eventually contacted by email.

I asked for 1 pm interview but was asked at 11 am to interview because it happens that the recruiter lives on the East Coast and I lived on the West Coast.

There was an initial phone screen with Skype. This was full of personal questions and project questions:

Ex: What was your most challenging question and what did you learn from it?

STAR type questions. Very relaxed and no pressure if you had interviews before.

The next interview was a technical phone interview. The interviewer asked me very simple data structures and algorithms questions. This was done with a web app that allowed me to view the questions/information associated with the question. I remember there being questions on tree traversal which I easily got thanks to my data structures class.

Interview Questions

Bad Location of Cleveland and low salary of 57k.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2014.

Met at university career fair, signed up for an interview at the recruiter there. Went to the interview the following week on campus, they called it a "java interview".

Interview Questions
    • What are five more important concepts you have learned while programming Java. It wasn't a difficult question, but a lot of the ideas mingle together so I was having a hard time separating them.   Answer Question

The salary seemed low and I still had many interviews to do with other companies. It wasn't a flat out decline, but more pending as I told them I was going to think about it.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2014.

Whole process was dragged out for about two months. Initially met their HR through a virtual career fair. Sent in an application via email and asked to do a Skype interview a couple of weeks afterward. Well, the first two Skype interviews were rescheduled, then fell through because they had "issues with their Skype". Finally contacted again after about two weeks and did the Skype interview. Mostly further questions about the resume and some questions about why Tata, what do you expect to gain from this position, etc. Contacted again a week and a half later with a GPA calculation form. Received a phone call immediately after sending it in, saying they would send an offer within two weeks. Unusually did not get technical interview. Waiting to hear back.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Spoke to a Campus Recruiter at a career fair at my university. Had the interview 3 weeks after the career fair with four interviews. The interview was very relaxed and they mostly talked about how the process of becoming a software engineer required six weeks of training in Java.
    Got a call about two weeks later with an offer. No second interview required.

Was allowed to choose from about 3-4 locations to work from. No salary negotiation.