Tata Consultancy Services Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

220 interviews

2.9

220 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2014.

first HR interview, then tech interview through skype. The HR asks general behavioral questions like why TCS, what is your strong point? The tech questions are fair, including data structures, algorithms, ect. The overall procedure is fairly easy compared with other companies. However, the offer is not provided since I am not a US citizen...

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

I approached them at a school fair. They looked over my resume and were searching for key words in the resume. Like programming languages used (especially JAVA) and GPA. Once they determined I was a candidate they scheduled a second interview. In the second interview there was two representatives interviewing. Once was a Software Engineer with the company and the other was the Campus Recruiter. They asked me questions about my likes and disliked. They also asked if I was willing to re-locate out of my area. Then they asked me questions specific to the languages that I had on my resume. Once complete I waited 3-4 weeks before they contacted me with an offer.

Interview Questions

I didn't want to move after all. They require moving, even though they had positions open in my area. They gave them to other people.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2014.

One behavioral interview followed by a technical interview. Both over the phone. The technical interviewer quizzed me on skills I had mentioned in my resume (Java and SQL). Study OO and SQL basics.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between JVM and JRE, difference between Overloading and Overriding.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

The interviewing process is very relaxed and easy to pass. The mainly look for person(s) that have a 3.0 Grade Point Average minimum. As long as you show you have researched the company and have basic technical knowledge you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • I personally didn't have any crazy questions. I suppose the technical interview was a bit challenging. They asked me some technical questions which were easy, but, sometimes they ask to build a program, this can go from a very simple program to a bit more advanced. The most advanced (form what I hear) is making a program that detects a word being a Palindrome or not.   Answer Question
    As this is a global company you can negotiate where in the United States you work. Its rather challenging to work outside of the united states.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

University campus presentation with refreshments and sandwiches. On-campus presentation and interview sign up. Easy technical questions in the career center. Offer-letter granted month later with only 4 days to decline or accept.

Interview Questions
    • Easy interview. The quality of technical questions was very disappointing.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate initially. For college hires, TCS likes to lower the salary by 8% less than one month before graduation 5 months after an initial offer is accepted and signed and say "take it or leave it". Leaving it usually causes TCS to back down.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2014.

Interviewed initially at a job fair on campus. Then went in for a in person interview following week. Third week received an offer via email. Whole process was relatively pleasant .

Interview Questions
    • Simple OOP questions. If you know OOP shouldn't be a problem.   Answer Question
    No need to negotiate, gave me more than I was asking for.

Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2014.

Signed up through a recruiter on campus. Had two phone interviews and one in person, all extremely basic. They would have done an on campus interview with me however their schedule was booked so I only ended up doing the majority of the interview process over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic object oriented and database questions. (what is encapsulation, what is a left join?)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2013.

The process was nice, initial campus HR interview, followed by Information session and Technical Interview. Technical questions weren't hard mostly related to resume asking for more information on experience and or class projects as relevant.

Interview Questions
    • What is one out of the box solution to a problem you have encountered at work/school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2014.

During the career fair I was given the opportunity to do a phone interview. After my first interview, which was the overall of the company and the basic questions about myself, I was offered a second interview.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

The initial exam is a written exam in which questions on basic reasoning are asked. This includes quantitative and qualitative reasoning. The questions can be prepared from Agarwal series or from the gre question banks

Interview Questions

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!