Tata Consultancy Services
3.3 of 5 6,516 reviews
www.tcs.com Mumbai, India 5000+ Employees

Tata Consultancy Services Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews in Mumbai India

Updated Mar 11, 2014

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2014.

Interview Details – It was college campus drive.

Interview Question – Questions were morderate.   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2011.

Interview Details – through campus, written test GD and personal interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2011.

Interview Details – There are total 3 rounds one is technical, Managerial and then HR round. In technical they asked about your project and some basic questions related to concept base. In managerial round asked reason to change job, your goal your experience learning.
In HR round mainly salary negotiation.

Interview Question – Why did you change your current as recently you join it?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2012.

Interview Details – It had one apti and one tech interview. it was easy and brilliant. The apti was easy and tech was also easy. it was at our campus and 100 got selected

Interview Question – c questions   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2011.

Interview Details – its very easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no advice

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in December 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was held In Sikkim Manipal University on the 21st December, 2010. It was a 1:1 interview. The interviewer asked me 6 questions out of which 4 were correct, 1 was partially correct and I did not get nervous when I made a mistake in one of the questions. I simply told ,"Could you please tell me the answer, as I don't have in-depth detail on it? "

Please stay calm and composed when you are being interviewed.The person in front of you is not taking your life away from you. He/She is a mere human being who has been assigned the task to interview you !

Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2012.

Interview Details – I got a call from the consultant asked me if i am looking for a change and told me about the company aving requirement.
I agreed and given the telephonic and personal interview. It was good experience as i get to know where you are currently and what new going in the market.

Interview Question – how to connect to a database using automation script?   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2010.

Interview Details – Good

Interview Question – Would you be able to handle five consecutive projects with five different technologies?   View Answer

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewers ask questions that wil never be relevant to your work. Don't have big hopes of the job profile. They prefer overskilled persons.

Interview Question – Routers, Switches, Kernel   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Believe only whatever is on paper. Never believe what the HR tells you the interview.

Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2010.

Interview Details – For me it was a smooth ride as i got a call for technical intw which was done on call and clearing it meant clearing the technical round and manager round was also good

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tata Consultancy Services

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tata Consultancy Services Software Engineer interview questions and advice in Mumbai, India. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tata Consultancy Services employees and interview candidates.