Tata Consultancy Services Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

2-1 situation. Technical and HR both combined. They asked me some basic questions on C, data Structure. Mostly on the project experiences I have been through during my collage program.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

3 rounds of interview on same day. Started from morning 9am till night 9pm. One Technical, One with Manager and one final HR round.
    In technical(30 mins) they asked 90% about java and J2EE as thats my expertise. Many tough questions on multi threading.
    Second round - 20 mins (no technical here)
    third round - half an hour - had long discussion(read negotiation) about salary

Interview Questions

• Explain Synchronization...followed by many counter questions   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

I was interviewed through campus.It was a cakewalk because I had good communication skills.Initially they do also take a assessment quiz with Maths and logical section. Assessment Quiz was more so available on internet or check with sample questions.They are generally on the same pattern.

Interview Questions

• They generally look for good communication skills with some bit of logical thinking.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

1 day interview and 8 rounds of interview
    C++ questions
    CLR
    WCF
    Odata
    java
    JVM and also many more technology questions
    Internet N/W routing questions

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

I was recruited as part of the University placement drive and the selection process consisted of three phases:

1) The written Test(120 minutes)

2) The Technical Interview(Usually around 20 minutes or lesser for a fresh undergraduate but exceptions are possible)

3) The HR Interview(usually around 20 minutes or less)

P.S:
    There may also be another extra round called "Management round" after the technical Interview but the likeliness of conducting the management round is dependent on the hiring team's availability of time.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer gives you a small random scenario and asks you to write an alogorithm for the presented case.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

hiring was smooth as i was hired as fresher

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Three rounds. Technical, managerial and HR

System Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

Interview

For people with more then 8.5 CGPA, there is direct interview which is a mixture of both technical and HR. They mostly ask questions from resume and your area of interest. Don't drag answers. Just say up to the point and it'll be over within 10 minutes. If you drag without knowing the answer, they just keep asking questions from your answer.

Masters degree opportunity

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (San Jose, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

It took 3 rounds... first technical then MR and then HR. In technical mostly average sort of questions like data structures and queues, followed by Mr which was sort of psycological test and the HR did salary discussion.

Interview Questions

• Mostly basic sort of technical questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

I had an initial Technical phone interview followed by the client general phone interview. I then got the offer after about 2 weeks when I received a call from the HR.

Interview Questions

• I am not too surprised or count any of the questions as difficult because they were the technical stuff I do on a daily basis. Nothing too special.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, I was offered the job based on a predetermined salary.