Tata Consultancy Services

Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.8

186 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

3 rounds of interview on same day. Started from morning 9am till night 9pm. One Technical, One with Manager and one final HR round.
In technical(30 mins) they asked 90% about java and J2EE as thats my expertise. Many tough questions on multi threading.
Second round - 20 mins (no technical here)
third round - half an hour - had long discussion(read negotiation) about salary

Interview Questions
  • Explain Synchronization...followed by many counter questions   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Systems Engineer Interview

I was interviewed through campus.It was a cakewalk because I had good communication skills.Initially they do also take a assessment quiz with Maths and logical section. Assessment Quiz was more so available on internet or check with sample questions.They are generally on the same pattern.

Interview Questions
    • They generally look for good communication skills with some bit of logical thinking.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

1 day interview and 8 rounds of interview
    CLR
    WCF
    Odata
    java
    JVM and also many more technology questions
    Internet N/W routing questions

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

I was recruited as part of the University placement drive and the selection process consisted of three phases:

1) The written Test(120 minutes)

2) The Technical Interview(Usually around 20 minutes or lesser for a fresh undergraduate but exceptions are possible)

3) The HR Interview(usually around 20 minutes or less)

P.S:
    There may also be another extra round called "Management round" after the technical Interview but the likeliness of conducting the management round is dependent on the hiring team's availability of time.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer gives you a small random scenario and asks you to write an alogorithm for the presented case.   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

hiring was smooth as i was hired as fresher

Three rounds. Technical, managerial and HR

System Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

For people with more then 8.5 CGPA, there is direct interview which is a mixture of both technical and HR. They mostly ask questions from resume and your area of interest. Don't drag answers. Just say up to the point and it'll be over within 10 minutes. If you drag without knowing the answer, they just keep asking questions from your answer.

Masters degree opportunity

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2012.

I had an initial Technical phone interview followed by the client general phone interview. I then got the offer after about 2 weeks when I received a call from the HR.

Interview Questions
    • I am not too surprised or count any of the questions as difficult because they were the technical stuff I do on a daily basis. Nothing too special.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, I was offered the job based on a predetermined salary.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in December 2010.

Algorith for withdrawing money in a bank
    what are the featre you ike to validate
    Ýour strengths and weaknesses
    more of a HR interview

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2010.

It depends on the project you are in. It will be good overall.It depends on the project you are in. It will be good overall.It depends on the project you are in. It will be good overall.It depends on the project you are in. It will be good overall.

Interview Questions
    • It depends on the project you are in. It will be good overall.It depends on the project you are in. It will be good overall.   Answer Question
    I got placed as part of campus placements.So negotiation is not possible.