Tata Consultancy Services

Average Difficulty
152 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – hiring was smooth as i was hired as fresher

Interview Question – personal questions were unexpected   Answer Question

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – Three rounds. Technical, managerial and HR

Interview Question – Technical questions were not easy to tackle   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in December 2010.

Interview Details – Algorith for withdrawing money in a bank
what are the featre you ike to validate
Ýour strengths and weaknesses
more of a HR interview

Interview Question – i didnot have a difficukt question   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2012.

Interview Details – I had an initial Technical phone interview followed by the client general phone interview. I then got the offer after about 2 weeks when I received a call from the HR.

Interview Question – I am not too surprised or count any of the questions as difficult because they were the technical stuff I do on a daily basis. Nothing too special.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, I was offered the job based on a predetermined salary.

System Engineer Interview

System Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

Interview Details – For people with more then 8.5 CGPA, there is direct interview which is a mixture of both technical and HR. They mostly ask questions from resume and your area of interest. Don't drag answers. Just say up to the point and it'll be over within 10 minutes. If you drag without knowing the answer, they just keep asking questions from your answer.

Interview Question – Why TCS? Where do you see yourself in 5years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Masters degree opportunity

Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2009.

Interview Details – phone call followed by a HR phone call and a video call

Interview Questions

• Your daily work schedule in your current Jobs and current roles and responsibility.   View Answer
  • Why I wanted to join TCS   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not much negotiation.they are pretty decided on what to pay.

Ghaziabad (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2011.

Interview Details – written test then technical and hr round. It was a campus drive so overall process was not hectic.For the experience there is a separate process which is known as BYB (Bring Your buddy).

Negotiation Details – NA

Tūmkūr (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – It was campus placement interview. They asked very basic questions. And the best part is if you are good at something then they will ask more about that, for example in my case I was into robotics and had won many compensations in colleges so they asked me only about that and nothing else.

Interview Question – Did not encounter any such question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as it was campus placement and for fresher. They had fixed package of 3.15 LPA

Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2011.

Interview Details – good questions
tricky puzzels especially mathematical puzzles are asked.
one of the language programming test.
nice HR round
Hr person are good and well behaved, they tried to encourage whenever any question is unanswered.

Interview Question – why do you want to join us?   Answer Question

Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2010.

Interview Details – This has been for a Campus Selection that TCS visited. There was one written round which covered aspects of Aptitude, English, Programming skills etc. Followed by Panel Interview if Written is cleared. Finally there would be one HR round

Interview Question – Being from a Technical Background like B.Tech why do you wish to choose IT as your career and not the Core Industry   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be direct and frank about your expectations

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tata Consultancy Services

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tata Consultancy Services Systems Engineer interview questions and advice. All 152 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tata Consultancy Services employees and interview candidates.