Tata Consultancy Services Systems Engineer Interview Questions in Mumbai, India

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Good and rigorous , tested personality , practical questions were asked ,situations based questions too Hobbies were asked in detail in hr round and strengths and weaknesses as well .

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

three rounds, first was the aptitude test, verbal section was simple.consisted of essay writing.second round was technical, simple questions on java.interviewers were friendly enough.some analytical questions were asked too. question on hobbies etc. HR interview was good too. interviewers were friendly. questions related to resume were asked,specifically hobbies.have a good knowledge about the company background. why you are interested in working for the company etc.all the best !

Interview Questions

• how to swap two numbers without using a temp variable?   Answer Question

System Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Campus Placement: Aptitude test followed by technical interview and then managerial review. Elimination at each level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

Relevant Disciplines BE / B.Tech / ME / M.Tech in any of the following disciplines: Computer Science Information Technology Electronics and Electrical Engineering Electronics and Communication Electronics and Telecommunication Mechanical Engineering Electronics/Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering Electrical Engineering Instrumentation Engineering Network Engineering MCA with BSc / BCA / BCom / BA (with Math / Statistics Background) M.Sc in Computer Science / Information Technology Marks Criteria Minimum Aggregate Marks of 60% and above in the first attempt in all academic courses Standard 10th onwards. Aggregate of all subjects in all semesters to be considered (All subjects mentioned on the mark sheet). First attempt implies securing 60% and above marks within the normal duration of the course Improvement exam is not first attempt and hence the marks secured in improvement exams should not be considered to calculate aggregate marks. In case you have done both, 12thand equivalent diploma, you should have secured minimum 60% aggregate marks in both courses.

Application

Interview

Initial aptitude exam with one Technical and one HR interview

Application

Interview

Offer from college. R

Interview Questions

• The question was regarding my project and going for higher studies   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

Went through 2 technical rounds and one HR round... First was specific to my technology area and went for around 30-40 minutes. They asked medium level questions, as they were badly in need of specialists in my area. Second round was a general technical round and he asked my opinions about the various technical topics and my general awareness. Third round was HR...She just asked few questions as to why I want to join TCS, and my ambitions etc....She followed up immediately and gave me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were average or easy, as they badly wanted people. But the Salary negotiation was tough as it was a mass hire and they wanted to keep costs low.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

It was pool campus interview. Aptitude + Technical round + Management Round + HR round. Took complete 1 day. Aptitude and Technical round difficulty was moderate. Management and HR round were for time pass.

Interview Questions

• Since it was for fresher mostly questions were about final year engineering project   Answer Question

System Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

There are 4 rounds for freshers: 1. Aptitude Round 2. Technical Round 3. Management Round 4. HR Round

Interview Questions

• Nothing as such, just prepare the basic questions found on internet. It can be easily cracked. No big deal   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

First round was the aptitude test - Included programming, logical ability, basic math Second round was the Technical round - based on c programming, project work, algorithms, logic Third round was the HR round - various scenarios where I had to elaborate my reactions

Interview Questions

• As a fresher I was expected to know about my project work   Answer Question