Tata Consultancy Services

www.tcs.com

Tata Consultancy Services Systems Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews in Mumbai India

Updated May 21, 2014

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mumbai (India)

I applied online - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in July 2010.

Interview Details – The questions in the written test were easy but tricky. Interview process was good. Three rounds , technical , manager and HR .As the applicants were many I think many of them did not go through all three rounds which I feel is unfair.

Interview Question – There was a lot of grilling on my engineering subjects but overall it was good.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The joining was too late.I got immediate offer from some other company.

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2014.

Interview Details – Relevant Disciplines
Electronics/Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Instrumentation Engineering
Network Engineering
MCA with BSc / BCA / BCom / BA (with Math / Statistics Background)

M.Sc in Computer Science / Information Technology

Marks Criteria
Minimum Aggregate Marks of 60% and above in the first attempt in all academic courses Standard 10th onwards.

Aggregate of all subjects in all semesters to be considered (All subjects mentioned on the mark sheet).

First attempt implies securing 60% and above marks within the normal duration of the course

Improvement exam is not first attempt and hence the marks secured in improvement exams should not be considered to calculate aggregate marks.

In case you have done both, 12thand equivalent diploma, you should have secured minimum 60% aggregate marks in both courses.

Interview Question – hr question   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – Campus Placement: Aptitude test followed by technical interview and then managerial review. Elimination at each level.

Interview Question – General interview questions   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2011.

Interview Details – On-campus job fair. 2 Rounds- Aptitude test and a technical round. Both with around 50% passing probability.

Interview Question – Views and sessions difference.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2010.

Interview Details – Written Test followed by Technical interview and finally HR round

Interview Question – Questions on Digital electronics and some c questions   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

Interview Details – Initial aptitude exam with one Technical and one HR interview

Interview Question – Business case   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – Offer from college. R

Interview Question – The question was regarding my project and going for higher studies   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Mumbai (India)

Interview Details – I was recruited from my college. 1st step is written(analytical). Very easy. 2nd round face2face interview. Questions depend on the mood of the interviewer. He might ask tough technical questions or just discuss candidate's hobby and stuff.

Interview Question – None. He just asked to explain the different concepts of OOPs.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations as this was offered in college campus

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2011.

Interview Details – There are 4 rounds for freshers:
1. Aptitude Round
2. Technical Round
3. Management Round
4. HR Round

Interview Question – Nothing as such, just prepare the basic questions found on internet. It can be easily cracked. No big deal   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was selected in a walk-in drive of TCS and was made a offer once the client interview was over.

Interview Question – Technical round is the more difficult to clear, the management and HR rounds do not require any special preparations   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 2 weeks.

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!