Tata Consultancy Services Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.3

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

First objective round with 30 questions, followed by the project manager in TCS and the last round with the HR person. Went on well, same day interview process and the result announced on the same day..

Interview Questions

• About my experience, vlookup and reconciliation methods   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Budapest (Hungary)) in March 2015.

Interview

At first the HR person called me, she did a small interview by phone, later they invited me for a face to face interview with several managers, I had 3 different interviews the same day. Everyone was very nice and professional, the HR person explained me everything I needed to know like benefits, career opportunities, etc and the supervisor was also very polite and clear with the expected task. The last interview was the most fluffy one, but also went good. After 2 days they called me with the offer.

Interview Questions

• General basic question at first rounds, salary, joining, why to leave, etc, and more technical later on based on the position.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)) in April 2013.

Interview

I apply to a Senior Analyst job offer in public website (www.computrabajo.com) I was asked to send updated CV in Spanish and English I have a total of 3 interviews, first was with HHRR staff in Spanish, not a big deal, just want to know a little more about myself and academic and professional background mostly. Second interview was in English with Project Lead, inexperienced guy with good English skills but with no management, business or leadership experience, most of the questions were expected and it was easy to perceive a lack of domain on the topic we were talking about, no further studies and no IT background could be noticed as well when talking to him. Third interview unfortunately by phone with client located in US, nice interview with Senior Managers. Later i find out that most of the people on my team receive some help during that interview because they didn't fulfill the client's requirements for position, so the Project Lead was always there telling them what to say to each question; this behavior makes me fell mistrust about the practices in this place.

Interview Questions

• None, Interview with Senior managers was nice they seem to know exactly what they need and they highlighted that my Banking and Financial experience was exactly wht they were looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

After this they get in touch with me with a job offer below the posted salary arguing my profile doesn't fulfill requirements but my experience can be helpful for project. I didn't accept first offer, then they call me back again with a small salary increase so I accept because I need the job and have no other options by that time. I spent almost 2 months working without signing a contract but receiving payroll on time because contract and other stuff has to arrive from some place abroad.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Hyderābād (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

Pathetic interview panel. Interviewers don not know how to interview 7+ java candidate. They just asked all basic bookish java questions for 45 min. I almost answered every question. After waiting for 45 min I got a call from hr to leave for the day. what interview process it is. I know how well I did the interview. Hmm. I am still not able to understand why they rejected me.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

First Written Test Then 1: 1 With HR And Final 1: 1 With Operation Manager

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2012.

Interview

I will start out saying my negative experience is not due to a lack of job offer, in fact I am glad I didn't get one. I was contacted by a recruiter regarding the position with TCS. Later that day a TCS recruiter called me and asked me to come in later that day or the next day. It was 2 in the afternoon so I choose the next day. The TCS recruiter said he would give me directions to the office location which I was never given. The outside recruiter and myself googled the address but that did not prepare me for the security process I had to go through to get inside. Once inside I was brought to a conference room and given an application to fill out. Someone came in while I was filling it out and told me to take my time while he waited. I expected someone else to come in so I continued. Once I was done he introduced himself and started the interview. The questions were very easy basically relating my job experience to the TCS job I was interviewing for. After that one by one I met with the TCS recruiter, director of HR and an HR representative. Before leaving I was told that I would need to go through a phone screening with a manager who was in India the next day. I was never given an exact time. The outside recruiter couldn't get one either. In the morning I was told it would be btw 10am and 5pm. By 2 I hadn't heard anything so I made contact. Feedback someone would be calling me shortly. No call. A couple hours later the same feedback someone will be calling me shortly. By 6 still no call and unable to get feedback from TCS. The next day I basically gave up feeling that the culture of this company is not for me. Outside recruiter notified me that TCS wanted to schedule the phone interview for Friday or Monday but still wouldn't give an exact time. I suggested Monday and also gave good times for me. By 2 on Monday I was informed that no one would be calling me that day. Apparently everyone I interviewed with really liked me and they wanted to offer me a job but needed to go through the approval process. By the end of the week no offer. Following Monday received a call stating that they wanted to go through a phone screen with the manager in India and was finally given an interview time. It turns out the call was from the client I would be supporting NOT a TCS manager. I was not prepared for that but did the best I could and thought it went well. Now 3 weeks later still can not get a direct answer from TCS regarding what their plans are. After a week I didn't feel the culture was a good fit for me. Any company that can not give me the courtesy of an exact interview time and can not provide direct feedback is unprofessional. TCS has been receiving calls everyday for 4 weeks and still can not provide a direct answer regarding how they decided to proceed. That makes me wonder how they are servicing the clients they support. Are they being honest and upfront or are the clients getting the run around too. The HR representative I spoke with said she was surprised that many people actually turn down their job offers. Considering the interview process I went through I can't blame them.

Interview Questions

• How large of a team have you managed before?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to deal with a difficult employee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bangalore (India)) in September 2011.

Interview

it was over the phone, they asked my previous experience and my expectations and willingness to relocate

Interview Questions

• I was being interviewed for a position of a senior business analyst. The interviewers asked me to pretend as a salesman and sell analytic s services to them.   1 Answer
    • If you have 10,000 products how will you know which products can be bundled together?   1 Answer

i wanted an offer in bangalore

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in May 2011.

Interview

It helps out to polish the skills and the ability to prove the potentials to move in future.

Interview Questions

• How an customer wants TCS to be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Its not related

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in December 2010.

Interview

Initially, I got a interview call from the HR person. He questioned me about my roles and responsibilities in my previous company. Later i got a call from the same person the very next day stating to attend the 1 O 1 interview, Project head took my interview, he wanted to know more about my process knowledge and the confidence level while answering.

Interview Questions

• What is the current attrition rate and how do manage to hold back the team members?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me good salary, so i didnt get a chance to bargain.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bangalore (India)) in May 2010.

Interview

3 rounds including HR round. First two rounds were technical and third round was HR. Everything went well and the recruitment process was speedy. Lot of background checks and formalities. Overall good experience.