Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Jul 11, 2015

2.8

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2011.

Interview

After looking at monster.ca, I have applied by email to the position and got an interview call. I was interviewed twice for testing my technical abilities, once for the Manegerial abilities and once by the HR.

Interview Questions

• Questions about Manual Testing, Differences between Functional, Performance, Unit, Regression, Load, Stress, Volume testing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

TCS HR was considerate and reasonable enough to negotiate. Didnt outright accept / deny my offer.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job through LI. Got call from HR and subsequently the technical team called after a week. The HR was very friendly and was accomodative of my schedule for the interview and even the technical team was nice. The technical interview lasted for nearly an hour. They started with experience and exposure to work environment, project experience, technical skills and tools knowledge. Then they went into the key skills required for the project and asked specific technical questions in Java/J2EE/JDBC/Spring/Hibernate. The questions started from basic and went into advance levels like multithreading, exception handling , Garbage collection etc. They asked about unix shell scripts and JDBC connectivity, testing methodology and configuration management.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with HR and technical personal. Excellent work culture and ethics. Office location is hard to reach by public transportation especially when coming from downtown or other GTA areas. Interview questions were relatively easy and basic. Focus was mostly on Object-Oriented Programming. The questions were geared towards depth in the skills mentioned in the resume rather than breadth of shallow skills.

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Extemely polite and an pleasent experience. Gave a good outlook about the requirement. Whole Interview was based on a senerio and discussed lots of personal aspect about the approch to a solution.

Software Engineer Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through a career fair at university and got a call from HR after two weeks

Interview Questions

• How would you solve a complex problem given to you? Among C and C++, which one is closer to system level? How is multiple inheritance allowed in C++   1 Answer

Technical Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2010.

Interview

It was for the onsite opportunity, it was a mixture of technical and domain level.

Interview Questions

• Mainframe technical questions related to DB2, JCL, COBOL, VSAM. It wasnt something unusually different   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied for Java Senior Software Developer position. First HR manager checked my desired salary, notice period and other details like work status in Canada. Then book the interview time in the same time. There were three interviewers who asked me questions. First of all, they really struggled to talk in English and sometimes they don't know how to communicate their questions. I answered all the questions properly as I know how TCS interview questions would be. The questions are average and any 3 year Java candidate could answer those questions, especially candidates like me who worked in India. The interview went around 40-60 mins and one interviewer tipped me that I don't have web based experience (I worked only on web applications for 6yrs). Still, they mentioned that they would call me back, but never did. I would say TCS-Canada interviews for IT positions are nothing but a fake to fool the Canadian LMO policies. In order to bring Indian workers to Canada, they have to show that TCS couldn't find local resources in Canada. Let's assume if TCS hired you for a position and the payment is 60k, then they have to keep you forever by paying 60k and benefits. But on the other hand, TCS can bring Indian candidates by paying them same 60k. The real twist is, after 2 years they will send Indian candidates back to India. For TCS, paying 60k for 2 years is easy comparing life long payment to local (Canadian) candidates. Don't waste your time with TCS. It's my personal option and it may vary for others.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions in Java, J2EE, Javascript, Jquery, Agile concepts. Nothing was difficult I would say.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone Interview, Initial Learning Training

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2010.

Interview

First round by the superior with whom you will work. This is moderate level difficult. Next level with the client side functional manager.

Interview Questions

• Experience in the related field for which you are being recruited. Explaining the experience in the technology area of the proposed project.   Answer Question

Software Engineer (New Grad) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by TATA HR ( very helpful and nice person)about a month after handing in my resume at a career fair at a university campus. they scheduled me a phone interview - consisted of basic java questions and little SQL. i was contacted a week and half later and was given a verbal offer and requested my transcripts, a written offer was sent 3 days after. overall was good process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was really good and i was content with it, so i did not negotiate