Tata Consulting Engineers

Getting the Interview

24 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Executive Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consulting Engineers.

Interview Details – First Shortlisting on the basis of Technical & aptitude test, then Technical & HR Interview

Interview Question – Interview was good. Questions were asked related to your summer intern & few related to engineering metallurgy   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interview Details – I had a campus interview for the same. Before the interview there was a shortlist from a test which they took. The test consisted of logical and technical questions.The interview was a 2 round process. There was a technical round consisting of questions from Civil Engineering followed by a HR round, where general HR questions regarding location preferences, etc. where asked.

Interview Question – What considerations to be taken while designing a bridge.   Answer Question

Junior Engineer Interview

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consulting Engineers in October 2010.

Interview Details – Campus interview consisted of 5 rounds. 1. Aptitude test 2. Technical Test 3. Personal Interview 4. Group Discussion 5. HR interview

Interview Question – All Easy   Answer Question

Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consulting Engineers in September 2013.

Interview Details – first we attended an written test consists of 30 aptitude questions and 30 technical questions.....after 2 hours results is announced...i cleared ist round then 2nd round is technical+HR...basic technical qns from my core subjects.....

Interview Question – be specific while answering HR questions.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consulting Engineers in September 2013.

Interview Question – there is no questions like that...u can easy clear the 2nd round if you are strong in our core subject basics......   Answer Question

Assistant Design Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Tata Consulting Engineers

Interview Details – writtenaptitude test then technical interview followed by a HR interview.

Interview Question – strength of materials simpl supported beam with udl over specific length.   Answer Question

Graduate Executive Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consulting Engineers in August 2013.

Interview Details – written , tech interview , the HR interview

Interview Question – ready to work in south africa ?   View Answer

Engineer (Civil) Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consulting Engineers.

Interview Details – 1) Aptitude test - 1hr (Quant, RC, VA, DI + Technical, all questions multiple choice, all questions medium difficulty, covered all topics in civil)
2) Technical Interview (Mostly from resume, Projects, internships, your work+BMD's, SFD's,Reinforcement details, mostly structural stuff etc)
3) HR Interview ( Very Basic- TMAY, strengths, weaknesses, goals, ambition)

Interview Question – Related to design of foundations   Answer Question

Post Graduate Trainee Interview

Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consulting Engineers in December 2012.

Interview Details – Campus placement, 2 interviews (Hr,Tech)

Interview Question – Mostly asked about material properties which I could not answer   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It has no holidays in first 3 months but I had to attend PSU interviews

Fresher Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consulting Engineers in February 2013.

Interview Details – There was a written test followed by an interview.The interview consisted of both technical and HR questions but mostly focused on technical questions.

Interview Question – Questions were from topics-switchgear & protection, Motors, digital communication, power system, power electronics   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tata Consulting Engineers

Worked for Tata Consulting Engineers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tata Consulting Engineers interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tata Consulting Engineers employees and interview candidates.