Tata Group Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Group in February 2011.

I was interview for TCS’s client McGraw Hill for the New York Location. i took two rounds of Phone Interview first with a TCS employee Murali and then with the McGraw Hill employee Jenny at two different time period.

Once the interviews were done, they came back and said i need to complete 2 case studies. after submitting the case studies, they offered me the job and the contracts were signed but, they came back a day later and said the position is on hold and they are waiting from McGraw Hill for a start date.

I have been in touch with TCS for the past couple of months, they are still unable to offer me a start date.
    this is highly unprofessional. If they are unaware of the start days, why would they even start interviewing candidates? If you have gone thru’ a similar situation please let us now.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Group in August 2012.

Hiring Process, as experienced, my resume was shortlisted obtained from one of the placement consultants. Called up directly for face to face interview which was held about 5 rounds. Initial discussions with the Team Manager, Later a psychometric and with senior person and HR Head. Mean while Medical test was conducted in the campus hospital. Interview went good till last round and failed in salary negotiation. Over all good experience but there was delays in the process in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing like that, every questions were relevant to job.   View Answer

Purchase Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cochin (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cochin (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Group in July 2010.

interviews by HR, Procurement Head and finally by the Chief , Maintenance manager, Chemical Engineer etc

Appropriate Answers , honesty

Store Keeping Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Group in May 2012.

Initially, an aptitude test is conducted, and also a form will be given wherein you have to fill-in our personal details and educational qualifications.

Then, if you clear the aptitude test, a GD session will be conducted. followed by an interview.

Regional Sales Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Tata Group in October 2010.

!st round asked about the the sales experience, and the current client base related to the target pipeline.
    2nd round was phone interveiw with the hiring manager to further understand the exact capability to match the role, and assign a task to to do a presentation to interview group for the 3rd round.
    The 3rd round was an English presentation to present my business plan how to achieve my revenue target within 3 years.

Interview Questions
    • Since you don't have China experience, then why do you you think you would be the right person to run the business for us in China?   Answer Question

Better offer from oher company

Engineering Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Group in July 2010.

they were a 8 members panel.they told about their company.after that a written test was taken in which i was selected.written test was followed by group discussion and later by personal interview.

Project Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Group in September 2008.

I got a call from a staffing agency for an opening with Tata group and checked if i was available for it. After my confirmation he checked with the company and in matters of hours I got a call back again from him saying that company wants to see you tomorrow. the process started with filling a form followed by skills test, and interview after whish I was given the offer letter.

Interview Questions
    No phase as such as I already had a offer from another company where I'd negotiated and once I gave that amount I automotically got a offer which was higer than other company.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Group in March 2009.

first round is technical,
    second round too is technical
    the third was HR round

still waiting

Worked for Tata Group? Contribute to the Community!