Tata Motors Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2014

3.3

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Motors.

lengthy process, takes lot of time. onc on board then there is no care from HR. No Bank account opening help. Onc ehas to go through lot of places to places for getting other departmental signs. Overall exhaustive day.

Interview Questions
  • whic author's book did you study in your final year of education?   View Answer
nothing. No negotiation. Had to accept the offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Motors

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors in December 2013.

campus recruitment Drive

Interview Questions
    • Prioritize Horizons that you look in the company for yourself after 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors.

It was my campus placement round in the year of July, 2008 when I first encountered the Tata Motors recruitment process. I was given 40 questions each on technical and aptitude test sections. Technical section was a bit more easy. GD was followed with the written test and selection ration was 1:10 almost. The PI round was the last one and among 40 of us only 3 were selected, Fortunately I was the first one. In PI round, the questions were conceptual and based on fundamentals. I was asked to design a constant RPM motor with variable current load. I was successful in doing this only because of the supportive environment created by them.

Interview Questions
    As a fresher, the negotiation process was just a formality only, but I received better than the industry average.

Assistant Manager Interview

Written test, GD, Interview. Everything is pretty simple. They just test your personality mostly.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me the bhp of my bike. I didn't remember that so I passed.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Motors.

Campus Interview. They were late for a flight so were very brief. Only technical interview. Asked me about the subjects I have learnt in B.Tech and one question leads to another and another. only 15 mins interview.

Interview Questions
    • Focus on the basics particularly IC engines and you would be fine.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pantnagar (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pantnagar (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors in February 2010.

Interveiw was fairly technical and more of the question were looking for decision making process

Interview Questions
    No negotiation as it was a campus recruitment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Motors in December 2009.

It is technical mainly about manufacturing process and materials used in automobiles.

Interview Questions
    • What is the type of welding used to weld sheet metals?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneswar (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneswar (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors in February 2008.

I got through campus interview. Tata Motors had come to our college for the first time. We were all very excited about that. There was a pre placement talk 1 day before where they gave us a detailed information about the jobs and other structures. The best thing was we all found all that to be same at our workplace. There were three rounds: written, GD and technical interview. A total of 232 students sat for the interview and 83 cleared it. The from GD 17 of us went forward. And finally 5 of us got selected.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if u apply for leave and get denied for business exigencies.   Answer Question
    It was a campus interview and we were selected as GETs. so no negotiation talks.