Tata Motors

Tata Motors Engineer Interview Questions

3.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

They conducted online test through AMCAT in my college. so there is no mark of tata motors in written test. The test include Verbal,Quant and technical. The online test followed by GD and interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Motors

Engineer Interview

written test followed by gd and pi

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Motors.

Campus Placement
          - Paper Test
          - Group Discussion
          - Personal Interview
          - HR

It was campus placement so no negotiation

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ahmedabad (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ahmedabad (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Motors in May 2010.

I gone from an consultant normally they wont give you full detail..same as with me but that was not too much..interview was gud completed in 2round man management and qiality theae are key requirement for the people dealing with himan being is very common and quality is for all not for any specofic person

Interview Questions
    • Key factor to get maximum from your bottom level team   View Answer

Salary and designation

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Motors in February 2010.

1) Aptitude Round: It consists of an Aptitude Test where each question was to be answered in 45 sec.
    The difficulty level of questions were more than average and if you are a CAT aspirant you will not face much problem in clearing the this test
    2) technical Round: The technical round covered almost all kinds of subjects. So people who have learned basics of each and every subject carefully will be able to answer few questions. The questions are not straight, you have to strain your brain to answer these technical questions. Basics need to be strong.
    3) G.D. This round was as usual G.D. But the best part was people from invigilator panel interfered in the discussion. So you have to be very attentive while people speak.
    4) Interview: It was very cool. People sitting there in the panel will surely make you feel comfortable. I think, it depends on how you present your knowledge. It is OK if you are not able to answer 1-2 questions.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between 2 stroke engine and 4 stroke engine? there were few sub questions on the same question.   View Answer
    • they showed me few objects in the room and asked me how they can be manufactured?   View Answer
    • They asked me what is the meaning of BMW, 305 series, 505 series?Also questions like meaning TATA 207,407.   View Answer
    It was not about negotiating. It was about being cool and present yourself as competitive as possible. I will advice everyone that it is a great company with great values.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tata Motors in January 2009.

not so knowledgeable interview panel
    one technical question and more of HR related issues
    stress on soft skills