Tata Motors

Updated Dec 18, 2014

3.2

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

GET Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors.

For GETs TATA Motors has a very simple interview process. They have an initial online written test and a following on campus interview if you clear the online test. The interviewers ask you questions about your resume and previous projects. Some questions like why do you want to join the company and where do you see yourself in 5 years are common.

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Motors

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal (India)

Tata motors came to our college and the process consisted of first round aptitude test, 2nd was GD, 3rd was Technical, 4th was GD. Overall it was good experience. Panel members were friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you want to see the automobile industry in future?   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mandi, Himachal Pradesh (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mandi, Himachal Pradesh (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors in December 2014.

It was Campus placement.
    Selection process:
    Shortlist By Aptitude Test, Technical + HR Interview.
    Aptitude has 4 sections: logical reasoning, Quantitave, English, Technical.

HR interview: simple question check your communication skills and other skills
    Techincal interview: basic questions on projects and technical facts.

Interview Questions
    • Research going on in world for increasing efficiency of motor, engine, AC etc.   Answer Question

GET Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Motors.

There were three steps. Firstly you have to go through an online 2 hours test comprising of four sections. Ther there was a group discussion round. 80% of the people were eliminated in that round. Lastly there was an extensive technical interview. The selection of guys from GD round was beyond my understanding as HRs ended up selecting those guys who sort of had a debate rather than a healthy GD in the allotted time.

GET Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors in November 2014.

First round was online exam consisting of Verbal aptitude, Quants, Logical ability and Mechanical engg questions. The test was adaptive so every question was compulsory and everyone got totally different questions with varying difficulty levels. This test was very easy.
    They selected 20 students for GD round and formed 2 groups of 10 students. They let us choose the area (economics, politics, general, business) for the GD topic. We chose general and were given "Is quality a myth in India?" as topic. Speak 3-4 times without drifting away from the subject and you can clear the GD round.
    10 students went for the interviews. They had already given us a long form to fill which included all of your personal, academic and extracurricular information and stuff like Why Tata? What are your goals? etc. I was asked about nothing but my projects, especially BAJA. HR people asked me about my hobbies and family background. If you have really worked hard on your project, the interview is just a piece of cake.

No negotiation.

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Motors in November 2014.

it was on campus recruitment process,first of all a written test was taken which included verbal,quant and technical section,after that almost half of the candidates were rejected and the one who were shortlisted had to go through a group discussion and again only around half were shortlisted for personal interview . and finally around 10 were selected from both mechanical and electrical engg. students.

i had better offers

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rānchī (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rānchī (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Motors.

There were 3 stages of the process
    1.written test( comprising of technical question ,logical and quant )
    the queston in non-tech were easy but technical level was good as for each person there were diffrent set of questions
    2.GD just for qualification none of students were eliminated expect for two who dindnt speak any thing
    3.personal and hr interview

Interview Questions
    • questions were all over the subject as if none were to much difficult having a sound concept will take you through   View Answer

GET Interview

I applied through Campus. Placement process consisted of 3 rounds. First written test, then GD and Interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked completely about my major project which was unexpected.   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors in October 2013.

written test-aptitude(quants+verbal) and technical---------total 2 hrs
    GD
    Interview(HR+technical)

Interview Questions
    • Asked about my fathers occupation and asked a questions related to that technical domain?asked about the fasters pitch ,etc...   Answer Question

GET Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Motors in October 2013.

On Campus hiring procedure consisting of written, Group Discussion and Interview. Interview was enirely based on the projects which you had done in the college and and being in a Car Team Project like Baja, Supra etc. will give you an edge over others.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us why we should hire you and NOT HIRE YOU.   View Answer