Tata Motors Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015
Updated Apr 5, 2015

3.1

Senior Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

Lengthy process, took about 3 weeks, Interviewers were friendly and helpful. But they did not get back on time. I had to travel quite far and compensation was provided. The pant tour was great as well

GET & Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

Written, GD & PI. Written test is purely technical , GD is any current topic and PI is again mix of technical and your interest towards favorite topic. For Written exams practice MCQs (CAT likes question)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

its an std package

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

5 Rounds of Aptitude test, Followed by the Group Discussion and the a 45 minutes of interview. Completely HR based interview from Manufacturing Head. Very few technical questions on powertrain, Latest Hybrid technology in Prius & Why Tata Motors?

Interview Questions

• How long will you stay in our company?   1 Answer

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

For GETs TATA Motors has a very simple interview process. They have an initial online written test and a following on campus interview if you clear the online test. The interviewers ask you questions about your resume and previous projects. Some questions like why do you want to join the company and where do you see yourself in 5 years are common.

Interview Questions

• List possible factors for low fuel efficiency in cars.   4 Answers

GET Interview

Interview

campus placement later group discussion and hr interview

Interview Questions

• how you are better than others   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

Interview

Aptitude test followed by technical and HR interview.... .. .. ... .. .. .. .. .. .. ... .. .. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .. .. . ... ...

PGET Interview

Application

Interview

apti & TechnicalTest- I gave it for mechanical engineering.They had requirement for CATIA and manufacturing related job
     GD- it was tough as time alloted was only 5 min,
    Interview - should have basics clear at least

Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

Interview was just a formality; no proper HR round. HR leaves all decision on HoDs, and just offered final compensation. Also, offer was made after medical tests.
    HR also did not object on technical interview, which was just for formality.

Negotiation

Initial salary expected very low (much less than expected raise in working company). Took 3 months for final negotiation, once I received raise in working company, then TML offered new salary.

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors (Warangal (India)).

Interview

Tata motors came to our college and the process consisted of first round aptitude test, 2nd was GD, 3rd was Technical, 4th was GD. Overall it was good experience. Panel members were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to see the automobile industry in future?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tata Motors in December 2014.

Interview

Tata motors had started its selection process on December 1, 2014.They had taken an aptitude test which was conducted by AMCAT. Written test was easy, contained 4 sections, quat, verbal, technical and logical reasoning, there was no negative marking, and questions appeared only once in the screen, there was no option of switching back to previous question.

Tata motors had visited our campus on December 6,2014.They had a 30 minute ppt.Then,then they announced the result of selected candidate for interview, out of 15 much students, they had selected only 8,out of which 7 got placed.

After the ppt session, interview had been started. I was the first candidate to be interviewed. The panel consisted of three members 1 HR and 2 technical. Interview started with the same traditional question, “why do you want to join the company?”Then, they asked me question related manufacturing. After that, we had a long discussion about my project and intern. Since, I was a member of SAE India, they asked me few question regarding my contribution.

Overall, I answered the question satisfactorily, but I also consider that I was unable to impress them, sometimes your luck plays a big role. So, never lose a hope, anything can happen in interviews, always be optimistic.