Tata Motors Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2014
Updated Sep 21, 2014

3.1

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneswar (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneswar (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors in February 2008.

I got through campus interview. Tata Motors had come to our college for the first time. We were all very excited about that. There was a pre placement talk 1 day before where they gave us a detailed information about the jobs and other structures. The best thing was we all found all that to be same at our workplace. There were three rounds: written, GD and technical interview. A total of 232 students sat for the interview and 83 cleared it. The from GD 17 of us went forward. And finally 5 of us got selected.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if u apply for leave and get denied for business exigencies.   Answer Question
    It was a campus interview and we were selected as GETs. so no negotiation talks.

Branch Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lucknow (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Motors in November 2011.

The process is Quit Systmetic and process based.Its been taken with the panel of team member having Sales/HR/Collection and further by Regional Head.

Interview Questions
    • Reason to Change the Job in Short Period of Time?   View Answer
    Its reasonal as per Industry Norms.

Junior Officer At Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Motors in January 2011.

candidates selected by campus selection process and lataral entry scheme

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rānchī (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rānchī (India)

interviewed at Tata Motors in July 2012.

It had a no. of steps for the selection process that are written test GD and PI . They check the complete personality of a person fo hiring.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Motors in November 2009.

It was an on-campus interview during my bachelors. The hiring process included IQ Test, GD and followed by an Interview.

The interview was mostly on the technical aspects of manufacturing. It also included HR questions.

Junior Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Motors in February 2011.

Tata motors has a very effective process of selection candidates for taking up the organization at this competitive automobile field and for a welfare of society.

Interview Questions
    • question like if you answer that, means you already know the five questions which comes before answering that questions ?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ahmedabad (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ahmedabad (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Motors in May 2010.

I gone from an consultant normally they wont give you full detail..same as with me but that was not too much..interview was gud completed in 2round man management and qiality theae are key requirement for the people dealing with himan being is very common and quality is for all not for any specofic person

Interview Questions
    • Key factor to get maximum from your bottom level team   View Answer

Salary and designation

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Motors in December 2011.

I was shortlisted for the interview of engine profile by an online aptitude test. The interviewer went through my resume and started asking questions. The questions asked were pertaining automobile parts and how they operate in detail. I could not answer some questions and the interviewer was kind enough to give me tips on how to prepare for giving better interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lucknow (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Motors in September 2011.

The hiring process of the company is very good.. Tata Motors gives more importance to smartness n good communication. So along with better than average academics record one has to be very well versed in communiation and expressing his thoughts. The hiring consists of a written exam, group discussion and then final interview. It assess a candidate very well.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Motors in February 2010.

1) Aptitude Round: It consists of an Aptitude Test where each question was to be answered in 45 sec.
    The difficulty level of questions were more than average and if you are a CAT aspirant you will not face much problem in clearing the this test
    2) technical Round: The technical round covered almost all kinds of subjects. So people who have learned basics of each and every subject carefully will be able to answer few questions. The questions are not straight, you have to strain your brain to answer these technical questions. Basics need to be strong.
    3) G.D. This round was as usual G.D. But the best part was people from invigilator panel interfered in the discussion. So you have to be very attentive while people speak.
    4) Interview: It was very cool. People sitting there in the panel will surely make you feel comfortable. I think, it depends on how you present your knowledge. It is OK if you are not able to answer 1-2 questions.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between 2 stroke engine and 4 stroke engine? there were few sub questions on the same question.   View Answer
    • they showed me few objects in the room and asked me how they can be manufactured?   View Answer
    • They asked me what is the meaning of BMW, 305 series, 505 series?Also questions like meaning TATA 207,407.   View Answer
    It was not about negotiating. It was about being cool and present yourself as competitive as possible. I will advice everyone that it is a great company with great values.