Tata Motors Interview Questions

3.1

Manager Interview

5 rounds, hr, manager,case study, presentation,final with business head

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Motors in February 2010.

It was brief with only one Hr and one functional interviewer . One round on functional expertise and knowledge

Interview Questions
    not much room for negotiation

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pantnagar (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pantnagar (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Motors in October 2013.

I applied through the campus placement process. A notice was put up announcing that Tata Motors would be coming for placements the next week.

The first round was a multiple-choice aptitude test.
    Next day, there was a pre-placement presentation followed by announcement of results of the aptitude test. 25 students were selected for group discussion round. After the GD, 13 students were selected for the interview. After the interview, 8 students were finally selected.

PGET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Tata Motors in December 2013.

Selection Process – Test, GD, Interview
    1. Test – Test was conducted by AMCAT, 2 hours duration – 4 parts (nearly half an hour each) – 1 Tech + 3 Apti. Level of the test – EASY!! . I was shortlisted for the next round.
    2. GD – group of 9 students, 20 min duration, Topic – World without arms (GD topic of other group – Women security in India), 5 students from each group were shortlisted.
    3. Interview – only 1 round (HR + technical). Panel consisted of 4 Interviewers.
    Questions
    - Tell me about you and your family
    - Draw a free body diagram of running bicycle
    - Draw 3rd angle orthographic view of a water bottle
    - Why Tata motors?
    - Your interests?
    - What new can you bring in for the company?

Interview Questions
    • An A4 paper cannot hold its own weight when held flat, but when folded from centre at certain angle it is able to hold a pen or any other object! Why?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pantnagar (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pantnagar (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Motors in February 2010.

Interveiw was fairly technical and more of the question were looking for decision making process

Interview Questions
    No negotiation as it was a campus recruitment

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calicut, Kerala (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calicut, Kerala (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Motors in January 2010.

Tata Motors Came to our college as part of annual campus recruitment drive. There were three stages in the selection process. Written Test followed by a group discussion & then the final interview. Results were declared after the final interviews of all selected candidates were completed. All rounds were elimination with maximum elimination during written test.

Interview Questions
    • The candidate is asked to fill a form giving complete info about his academics, projects undertaken & extra-curricular interests. Questions are asked based on information you provide to the employer and if you are not honest about any information there is a possibility of getting caught off-guard by the interviewers   Answer Question

GET Interview

I applied through Campus. Placement process consisted of 3 rounds. First written test, then GD and Interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked completely about my major project which was unexpected.   Answer Question

PGET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Motors in December 2013.

Step 1: Online Test, 2 hours Aptitude and Mechanical Engineering
    There were different sets which focussed on particular topics like what I had asked a lot of questions from manufacturing and solids. Other sets had questions which focussed on other topics. So, everything has to be prepared in core subjects. In-depth knowledge is not required, just cover all the subjects once. This applies to all the tests for core companies.

Step 2: Group Discussion (2+10 min).
    The topics for GD are very relevant to whatever is going around the world. So better be prepared to discuss on weapons, women empowerment, corruption, election etc.

Step 3: Final Interview (Just one)
    I knew it form seniors that the recruiters look for very basic core concepts and are more interested in the communication skills. There were three members in the panel: one HR and two seniors from their respective departments. The first question was the regular ‘Tell me about yourself’. I talked at length about my life at IIT K, schooling, thesis, PORs. I was interrupted when I was telling about my strengths and it all became technical then. They first ask for favourite subjects. It is not a problem if your favourite subject is not IC Engines, but try to relate things with the automobile industry. I was asked about Carnot cycle. I could not answer all of their questions about engines and was straightforward about not knowing about them. Be confident and try to get the hints that the interviewers provide. I told the interviewers that I hadn’t done any specialised course on engines and they were ok with that.  The questions then were taken from heat transfer. I answered all of them.

Show some interest in the profile and the company in your turn to ask questions.

Assistant Manager Interview

campus recruitment Drive

Interview Questions
    • Prioritize Horizons that you look in the company for yourself after 5 years?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

They conducted online test through AMCAT in my college. so there is no mark of tata motors in written test. The test include Verbal,Quant and technical. The online test followed by GD and interview.