Tata Motors Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.1

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tata Motors in December 2014.

Interview

Tata motors had started its selection process on December 1, 2014.They had taken an aptitude test which was conducted by AMCAT. Written test was easy, contained 4 sections, quat, verbal, technical and logical reasoning, there was no negative marking, and questions appeared only once in the screen, there was no option of switching back to previous question. Tata motors had visited our campus on December 6,2014.They had a 30 minute ppt.Then,then they announced the result of selected candidate for interview, out of 15 much students, they had selected only 8,out of which 7 got placed. After the ppt session, interview had been started. I was the first candidate to be interviewed. The panel consisted of three members 1 HR and 2 technical. Interview started with the same traditional question, “why do you want to join the company?”Then, they asked me question related manufacturing. After that, we had a long discussion about my project and intern. Since, I was a member of SAE India, they asked me few question regarding my contribution. Overall, I answered the question satisfactorily, but I also consider that I was unable to impress them, sometimes your luck plays a big role. So, never lose a hope, anything can happen in interviews, always be optimistic.

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mandi, Himachal Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors (Mandi, Himachal Pradesh (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

It was Campus placement. Selection process: Shortlist By Aptitude Test, Technical + HR Interview. Aptitude has 4 sections: logical reasoning, Quantitave, English, Technical. HR interview: simple question check your communication skills and other skills Techincal interview: basic questions on projects and technical facts.

Interview Questions

• Research going on in world for increasing efficiency of motor, engine, AC etc.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tata Motors (Pune (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

First I was called by the recruiter for a walk-in Interview and I got shortlisted there. After 2 weeks of that, I was called for a telephonic interview round and got selected finally. Then there was a Medical Checkup at Pune Plant. After medical fitness review, HR Interview was conducted. Then the offer was made based on my CTC expectation and I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• How do you find yourself fit to work for the organization ?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors in December 2014.

Interview

Campus placement Shortlist By Aptitude Test, Technical Elimination by a discussion round 1 interview of about 30 mins: Mix of Technical and HR Questions about basic Solid Mechanics, Design of machine elements, masters thesis, internships Where do you see yourself in 5 years, Why TATA motors

Interview Questions

• Why is an I-beam I in shape   1 Answer

Application

Interview

It was Campus placement. Selection process: Shortlist By Resumes, Aptitude Test, Technical Test, Group Discussion, Technical Interview, HR Interview. Aptitude has 4 sections: logical reasoning, Quantitave, English, Technical. GD topic: Quality is myth in India, Smart working vs hard working. Techincal interview: basic questions of power electronics - e.g. Difference b/w SCR and resistor. HR interview: simple.

Interview Questions

Interview

online test: it was in four section, for every section different time was allocated. it was a adaptive test. you cannot go ahead without answering a question and neither can review the previous question . technical was tough but rest was easy gd: in my case gd was not taken. interview: mainly they were asking the basic of electronics.

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

There were three steps. Firstly you have to go through an online 2 hours test comprising of four sections. Ther there was a group discussion round. 80% of the people were eliminated in that round. Lastly there was an extensive technical interview. The selection of guys from GD round was beyond my understanding as HRs ended up selecting those guys who sort of had a debate rather than a healthy GD in the allotted time.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

hiring process includes 1 aptitude plus technical round then group discussion then followed by PI. my group discussion topic was correlation between education and success. others topic were is quality a myth in india, is china a threat to india likewise. aptitude test was normal . questions from power plant were also asked. best of luck to all of you if you are appearing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

PREPARE FOR TECHNICAL VERY WELL

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tata Motors in November 2014.

Interview

Technical ( core mechanical engineering) and aptitude(logical ability) tests, followed by group discussion. this was followed by technical and HR rounds of interviews. Each of these rounds were eliminating in nature.Technical Interviews were based on one's resume, his/her projects and experiences. They also included a few basic mechanical engineering questions.The interviews lasted for 20-30 mins per candidate

Interview Questions

• What are the features to be kept in mind while 1) designing a car? 2) buying a car? What are the differences?   1 Answer

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Motors (Delhi (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

it was on campus recruitment process,first of all a written test was taken which included verbal,quant and technical section,after that almost half of the candidates were rejected and the one who were shortlisted had to go through a group discussion and again only around half were shortlisted for personal interview . and finally around 10 were selected from both mechanical and electrical engg. students.

i had better offers