Tata Motors Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2014
Updated Jul 31, 2014

3.1

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Motors in April 2009.

Interview process varies with different scenarios the company is facing in. For me there was one grilling technical interview & one HR interview. After that I was placed.
    The whole interview process was very good once the interview started, before that is was mostly chaos. The process lacked systematic approach.

Interview Questions
    • Question asked about the past experience and engineering calculations, which was then linked to my future plans.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The administration is pretty bad at that.

GET Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Tata Motors in October 2013.

On Campus hiring procedure consisting of written, Group Discussion and Interview. Interview was enirely based on the projects which you had done in the college and and being in a Car Team Project like Baja, Supra etc. will give you an edge over others.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us why we should hire you and NOT HIRE YOU.   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jamshedpur (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Tata Motors.

It was my campus placement round in the year of July, 2008 when I first encountered the Tata Motors recruitment process. I was given 40 questions each on technical and aptitude test sections. Technical section was a bit more easy. GD was followed with the written test and selection ration was 1:10 almost. The PI round was the last one and among 40 of us only 3 were selected, Fortunately I was the first one. In PI round, the questions were conceptual and based on fundamentals. I was asked to design a constant RPM motor with variable current load. I was successful in doing this only because of the supportive environment created by them.

Interview Questions
    As a fresher, the negotiation process was just a formality only, but I received better than the industry average.

GET Interview

The GET selection process is a very well thought out process, one capable of identifying the right candidates. Its a mutiple-round selection process- first round with written questions pertaining to quantitative analysis and engineering questions, next round is group discussion followed by personal interview only for the selected candidates. The panel that visits the campuses comprises of executives from the company from technical areas, apart from reps from HR. A good process overall!!

Interview Questions
    • There were some good technical questions and the attempt was to figure out whether the candidate will be able to put the learnings to application   Answer Question

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Motors in October 2011.

First the company gave a pre-placement presentation followed by technical and aptitude online tests. There were two profiles offered - Electrical and Mechanical . Each had different technical paper. shortlisted candidates had a round of GD - current international trends/economic affairs. The candidates shortlisted from GD had a round of technical and HR interview together

Interview Questions
    • The entire process followed during the design of any product .   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rānchī (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rānchī (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Motors in July 2012.

Hiring comprised of 3 steps- written round involving both technical and aptitude questions, Group Discussion round including some very general topics and one Technical interview round involving questions from one's own branch like if you are a student of electronics and communication, you may expect them to ask questions from digital electronics, microprocessrors etc.

Interview Questions
    I think everbody should go for it...

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tata Motors in September 2013.

Analytical and thorough

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions and that too very brief and about higher studies   Answer Question

GET Interview

written test and technical interview in campus........ g d was also there .. got wild card after getting rejected...... written test was full of apti reason vocab and tech.... mine was mechanical

GET Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Motors in August 2012.

written test, group discussion on a topic of current interest, and a final personal interview

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dhanbād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dhanbād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Motors in September 2012.

First pahse- Written Test-Duration-3 hrs.(Technical+Aptitude)
    Second Phase-GD