Tata Motors Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.1

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors in November 2014.

Interview

First round was online exam consisting of Verbal aptitude, Quants, Logical ability and Mechanical engg questions. The test was adaptive so every question was compulsory and everyone got totally different questions with varying difficulty levels. This test was very easy. They selected 20 students for GD round and formed 2 groups of 10 students. They let us choose the area (economics, politics, general, business) for the GD topic. We chose general and were given "Is quality a myth in India?" as topic. Speak 3-4 times without drifting away from the subject and you can clear the GD round. 10 students went for the interviews. They had already given us a long form to fill which included all of your personal, academic and extracurricular information and stuff like Why Tata? What are your goals? etc. I was asked about nothing but my projects, especially BAJA. HR people asked me about my hobbies and family background. If you have really worked hard on your project, the interview is just a piece of cake.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Agartala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors (Agartala (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

It took 2 days for the process, on the first day there was a written test(Aptitude +Technical) ,in my college 70 students applied and on the very next morning we got our result and 25 got shortlisted for group discussion. Basically socio-economic topics were discussed in GD. After that 15 got shortlisted for interview and finally 5 got selected.

Interview Questions

• About my self,and my education till date. About welding,types of welding, iron carbon diagram, question about various states of steel we face in iron carbon diagram, training based questions and one question from strength of material.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Motors (Pune (India)).

Interview

Contacted the company through an employee in company .Sent resume to Human Resource official. Then called upon for interview.Very basic questions. Overall interview was easy. They also need a official letter from Head of Department or Principal before joining.

Manager Interview

Interview

Hiring process is very fast and candidate is Interviewed on his or her past work profile and accolades. There may be several rounds of interview depending upon the grade you are getting hired for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Cannot negotiate too much as you are offered a grade based upon your no of years of work exp and qualification.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Motors (Pune (India)).

Interview

lengthy process, takes lot of time. onc on board then there is no care from HR. No Bank account opening help. Onc ehas to go through lot of places to places for getting other departmental signs. Overall exhaustive day.

Interview Questions

• whic author's book did you study in your final year of education?   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing. No negotiation. Had to accept the offer.

Assistant Manager-Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tata Motors (Jamshedpur (India)).

Interview

2 round interview ... Tech VC followed by F2F tech and hr round.. Basic questions on technicals.did not had a very detailed round.. But I guess coming from a reputed last company.. They thought I was sufficiently strong technically.. If you are aware of basic systems in auto industry combined with process knowledge.. You will not face much of a problem in interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly basic questions related to position..nothing fancy..   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much of negotiations on salary as they work in pre defined bracket..

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rānchī (India)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Motors (Rānchī (India)).

Interview

There were 3 stages of the process 1.written test( comprising of technical question ,logical and quant ) the queston in non-tech were easy but technical level was good as for each person there were diffrent set of questions 2.GD just for qualification none of students were eliminated expect for two who dindnt speak any thing 3.personal and hr interview

Interview Questions

• questions were all over the subject as if none were to much difficult having a sound concept will take you through   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tata Motors (Mumbai (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

Good process took a long time process consist of aptitude followed by the group discussion and then two rounds of personal interview. Interview consist of simple questions based on project and the interns done.

Manager Interview

Interview

5 rounds, hr, manager,case study, presentation,final with business head

GET Interview

Interview

I applied through Campus. Placement process consisted of 3 rounds. First written test, then GD and Interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked completely about my major project which was unexpected.   Answer Question