Tata Motors

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

3.1

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors.

It was my campus placement round in the year of July, 2008 when I first encountered the Tata Motors recruitment process. I was given 40 questions each on technical and aptitude test sections. Technical section was a bit more easy. GD was followed with the written test and selection ration was 1:10 almost. The PI round was the last one and among 40 of us only 3 were selected, Fortunately I was the first one. In PI round, the questions were conceptual and based on fundamentals. I was asked to design a constant RPM motor with variable current load. I was successful in doing this only because of the supportive environment created by them.

Interview Questions
    As a fresher, the negotiation process was just a formality only, but I received better than the industry average.

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors in October 2013.

written test-aptitude(quants+verbal) and technical---------total 2 hrs
    GD
    Interview(HR+technical)

Interview Questions
    • Asked about my fathers occupation and asked a questions related to that technical domain?asked about the fasters pitch ,etc...   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pantnagar (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pantnagar (India)

I applied through the campus placement process. A notice was put up announcing that Tata Motors would be coming for placements the next week.

The first round was a multiple-choice aptitude test.
    Next day, there was a pre-placement presentation followed by announcement of results of the aptitude test. 25 students were selected for group discussion round. After the GD, 13 students were selected for the interview. After the interview, 8 students were finally selected.

GET Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Motors in October 2013.

On Campus hiring procedure consisting of written, Group Discussion and Interview. Interview was enirely based on the projects which you had done in the college and and being in a Car Team Project like Baja, Supra etc. will give you an edge over others.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us why we should hire you and NOT HIRE YOU.   View Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lucknow (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lucknow (India)

interviewed at Tata Motors in October 2013.

In campus recruitment, company came to our college. They first shorted students on basis of C.G. and made out a list of top 12-14 students. Then a group discussion round followed. No personal interview took place.

GET Interview

The GET selection process is a very well thought out process, one capable of identifying the right candidates. Its a mutiple-round selection process- first round with written questions pertaining to quantitative analysis and engineering questions, next round is group discussion followed by personal interview only for the selected candidates. The panel that visits the campuses comprises of executives from the company from technical areas, apart from reps from HR. A good process overall!!

Interview Questions
    • There were some good technical questions and the attempt was to figure out whether the candidate will be able to put the learnings to application   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tata Motors in September 2013.

Analytical and thorough

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions and that too very brief and about higher studies   Answer Question

GET Interview

written test and technical interview in campus........ g d was also there .. got wild card after getting rejected...... written test was full of apti reason vocab and tech.... mine was mechanical

Graduate Engineer Trainee 2009 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Motors.

Campus Hiring: