Tata Motors Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

3.1

PGET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors (Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Step 1: Online Test, 2 hours Aptitude and Mechanical Engineering
    There were different sets which focussed on particular topics like what I had asked a lot of questions from manufacturing and solids. Other sets had questions which focussed on other topics. So, everything has to be prepared in core subjects. In-depth knowledge is not required, just cover all the subjects once. This applies to all the tests for core companies.

Step 2: Group Discussion (2+10 min).
    The topics for GD are very relevant to whatever is going around the world. So better be prepared to discuss on weapons, women empowerment, corruption, election etc.

Step 3: Final Interview (Just one)
    I knew it form seniors that the recruiters look for very basic core concepts and are more interested in the communication skills. There were three members in the panel: one HR and two seniors from their respective departments. The first question was the regular ‘Tell me about yourself’. I talked at length about my life at IIT K, schooling, thesis, PORs. I was interrupted when I was telling about my strengths and it all became technical then. They first ask for favourite subjects. It is not a problem if your favourite subject is not IC Engines, but try to relate things with the automobile industry. I was asked about Carnot cycle. I could not answer all of their questions about engines and was straightforward about not knowing about them. Be confident and try to get the hints that the interviewers provide. I told the interviewers that I hadn’t done any specialised course on engines and they were ok with that.  The questions then were taken from heat transfer. I answered all of them.

Show some interest in the profile and the company in your turn to ask questions.

PGET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Motors (Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Selection Process – Test, GD, Interview
    1. Test – Test was conducted by AMCAT, 2 hours duration – 4 parts (nearly half an hour each) – 1 Tech + 3 Apti. Level of the test – EASY!! . I was shortlisted for the next round.
    2. GD – group of 9 students, 20 min duration, Topic – World without arms (GD topic of other group – Women security in India), 5 students from each group were shortlisted.
    3. Interview – only 1 round (HR + technical). Panel consisted of 4 Interviewers.
    Questions
    - Tell me about you and your family
    - Draw a free body diagram of running bicycle
    - Draw 3rd angle orthographic view of a water bottle
    - Why Tata motors?
    - Your interests?
    - What new can you bring in for the company?

Interview Questions

• An A4 paper cannot hold its own weight when held flat, but when folded from centre at certain angle it is able to hold a pen or any other object! Why?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

They conducted online test through AMCAT in my college. so there is no mark of tata motors in written test. The test include Verbal,Quant and technical. The online test followed by GD and interview.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors (Pune (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

A written test which included aptitude and branch related questions (Electronics in my case), was followed by a GD round. Group of 10 were considered at a time out of which 1 or 2 were selected. Then there was 1 interview round which was a mix of technical and HR both. 2 people took this round.

Interview Questions

• Name today's technology/application related to use of electronics engineering in automobiles.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors (Jamshedpur (India)).

Interview

It was my campus placement round in the year of July, 2008 when I first encountered the Tata Motors recruitment process. I was given 40 questions each on technical and aptitude test sections. Technical section was a bit more easy. GD was followed with the written test and selection ration was 1:10 almost. The PI round was the last one and among 40 of us only 3 were selected, Fortunately I was the first one. In PI round, the questions were conceptual and based on fundamentals. I was asked to design a constant RPM motor with variable current load. I was successful in doing this only because of the supportive environment created by them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As a fresher, the negotiation process was just a formality only, but I received better than the industry average.

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors (Chennai (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

written test-aptitude(quants+verbal) and technical---------total 2 hrs
    GD
    Interview(HR+technical)

Interview Questions

• Asked about my fathers occupation and asked a questions related to that technical domain?asked about the fasters pitch ,etc...   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pantnagar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors (Pantnagar (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through the campus placement process. A notice was put up announcing that Tata Motors would be coming for placements the next week.

The first round was a multiple-choice aptitude test.
    Next day, there was a pre-placement presentation followed by announcement of results of the aptitude test. 25 students were selected for group discussion round. After the GD, 13 students were selected for the interview. After the interview, 8 students were finally selected.

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Motors in October 2013.

Interview

On Campus hiring procedure consisting of written, Group Discussion and Interview. Interview was enirely based on the projects which you had done in the college and and being in a Car Team Project like Baja, Supra etc. will give you an edge over others.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why we should hire you and NOT HIRE YOU.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lucknow (India)

Application

interviewed at Tata Motors (Lucknow (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

In campus recruitment, company came to our college. They first shorted students on basis of C.G. and made out a list of top 12-14 students. Then a group discussion round followed. No personal interview took place.

GET Interview

Interview

The GET selection process is a very well thought out process, one capable of identifying the right candidates. Its a mutiple-round selection process- first round with written questions pertaining to quantitative analysis and engineering questions, next round is group discussion followed by personal interview only for the selected candidates. The panel that visits the campuses comprises of executives from the company from technical areas, apart from reps from HR. A good process overall!!

Interview Questions

• There were some good technical questions and the attempt was to figure out whether the candidate will be able to put the learnings to application   Answer Question