Tata Motors Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

14 interviews

2.8

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

Hiring process is very fast and candidate is Interviewed on his or her past work profile and accolades. There may be several rounds of interview depending upon the grade you are getting hired for.

Interview Questions
Cannot negotiate too much as you are offered a grade based upon your no of years of work exp and qualification.

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Motors

5 rounds, hr, manager,case study, presentation,final with business head

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Motors in February 2010.

It was brief with only one Hr and one functional interviewer . One round on functional expertise and knowledge

Interview Questions
    not much room for negotiation

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Motors in April 2009.

Interview process varies with different scenarios the company is facing in. For me there was one grilling technical interview & one HR interview. After that I was placed.
    The whole interview process was very good once the interview started, before that is was mostly chaos. The process lacked systematic approach.

Interview Questions
    • Question asked about the past experience and engineering calculations, which was then linked to my future plans.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The administration is pretty bad at that.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Tata Motors in December 2012.

I had applied online for a job position and received a phone call from the HR dept on 19 Dec 2012, asking me to come for an interview on 22 Dec 2012. I gave interviews for two departments (hybrid vehicle group & Vehicle electricals) and got chosen for the second department.

Interview Questions
    • They were asking questions mostly from my previous work experience, only technical. No HR questions were posed.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rudrapur (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rudrapur (India)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Motors in January 2010.

2 number of Interviews after short screening, One is taken by HR and Production Manager, other one is taken by Senior Plant Management and Plant Head.Basic questions are from the background of the candidate and about the administrative qualities

Direct negotiation upto 25% of current salary is possible

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jamshedpur (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tata Motors in November 2008.

Not even offered a glass of water at MTC. But kept the request of leaving me before 4pm waited for almost 4 hrs before the interview started. The Panelists came after having their lunch. Found the panelists to have less fundamental knowledge about the work in the position i was offered.

No negotiation

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Tata Motors.

Campus selection:
    Written test (technical + logical + analytical)
    GD (general topic)
    Personal interview (team of 3 in panel)
    Medical test

Manager Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Motors.

Nothing extra ordinary happened...the thing was i was asked question which was generic in nature. like what u do daily etc..etc.The thing is this...if they are in urgent need they will hire you.i was picked because i suppose no one was willing to work there..

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Guwahati (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guwahati (India)

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Motors in February 2012.

There was VC on which the interview took place

Worked for Tata Motors? Contribute to the Community!