Tata Steel

Tata Steel Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

Contract Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tata Steel.

Less formal, informational interview with HR and hiring manger; and then a second interview with HR, hiring manger, general manager and potential co-worker. All interviewers were very nice and easy to get along with. Entire process was rewarding but lengthy.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unexpected, but there was also a written portion during the second interview where three interview questions needed to be answered.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Technical Interview

online test consisted of verbal , quant , logical reasoning and technical
    verbal and quant was easy
    technical had questions from different topics all my friend had different topics
    test was for 2 hours
    second round they shortlisted 28 people for GD's
    selected only 4 from them

Paid Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Steel in November 2014.

The hiring process started with an online test which consisted of 4 sections ( logical , quantitative , verbal and technical aptitude, each of 25 questions) arranged by AMCAT in which 80 students appeared from my branch . Out of the 80 , only 14 could clear the test . There after we had 3 rounds of GD of 10 mins each . 7 cleared the GD and were shortlisted for interview . Interview was totally focused on testing your technical knowledge. They mostly asked questions on any projects or internship the candidate had undertook.

Interview Questions
    • Since all the questions were technical so all of them were equally difficult or easy ( it depends on the depth of knowledge of the candidate ) . They monitored how you reacted to intricate technical questions , the candidate had to maintain composure .   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tata Steel.

Online first, then days later got an e-mail. One group lear of R&D department interviewed me about one. Questions are mainly about the CV and motivation letter. Not so difficult.

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Steel.

We had an online test conducted by amcat
     Followed by a group discussion on current affairs. This was followed by a technical pi which involved a general core knowledge based questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations as it was through campus recruitment.

Graduate Manufacturing Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shotton, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shotton, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Steel in September 2014.

I applied online for the graduate position and after getting accepted into the recruitment process I had to go through a set of psychometric tests which involved a numerical and a logics test. Then a telephonic interview based on competency questions and then a final stage where I had to attend an assessment centre at Shotton, North Wales, this involved a 20 minute presentation, a 1 to 1 interview and finally a group task. The company seemed quite streamlined towards getting the most efficient candidate and everyone I met there from HR was quite friendly. There was also a tour of company grounds.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not hard to answer, it seemed that they were looking for a specific type of individual and not college grades or experience. Some of the questions included Tell me what you know about material science? How is steel made? What does galvanize mean? How did you develop your communication skills?   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was straight forward, I received a call letting me know that I had been successful and then about a week later I received an email with the job package.

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tata Steel.

I had a telephonic interview after clearing the online assessment. The questions were fairly basic. Questions like 'why do you want to work for this company, what qualities do you have that would make you suitable for this role, A situation where you had to make a difficult decision, a situation where you had to work in a team etc.

Interview Questions
    • They were all okay. I had prepared somewhat before hand.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Steel in April 2014.

GD followed by Interview. GD topics for different groups were mainly around current economic issues. The panel asked each candidate to speak for 2 minutes on the topic and then 5 minutes were given for discussion. Interview was CV based. No technical Questions. Be prepared with basic questions like why should we hire you, strengths, weaknesses etc.

Intern Interview

Applied Online with CV and Motivation Letter, got a call in 15 days

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such, it was a casual discussion about my background and where I could fit in   Answer Question

I had another offer

Technical Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scunthorpe, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scunthorpe, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Tata Steel.

Application form followed by a telephone interview and assessment day. I was asked to do a presentation on defects in rolled steel products, then a group exercise where we were given five scenarios and asked to come to a solution for each within 30 mins. Then an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to talk about my dissertation.
      If you were a manager and had to implement a new process or procedure in the steel mill, how would you go about it?

Answer Question