Tata Steel Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

Contract Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tata Steel.

Interview

Less formal, informational interview with HR and hiring manger; and then a second interview with HR, hiring manger, general manager and potential co-worker. All interviewers were very nice and easy to get along with. Entire process was rewarding but lengthy.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult or unexpected, but there was also a written portion during the second interview where three interview questions needed to be answered.   Answer Question

Graduate Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Steel (Scunthorpe, England (UK)).

Interview

I put a application in october. Recieved a phone call in January with regards to some online test ( Logical an numerical). The very next i recieved a phone call informing me that i had been successful and have been invited to a phone interview, which took place 2 weeks later, within half an hour of doing the interview i recieved a phone call saying that i had been successful... I attended the assessment center at the begining of april.. the assessment center was fairly straightforward
    a 15 minute presentation on your final year project
    a 45 minute group task
    a competency and a technical interview.
    technical questions were how is steel made and how can you increse the strength of steel.
    The staff were very freindly and made me feel relaxed and welcome... it seems like a long process but time flew at the assessment centre.

Interview Questions

I still havent got the outcome.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Steel.

Interview

Online test containing three sections of aptitude and english and one technical section.After that 27 students were shortlisted for GD followed by interview by 3 panelists including a HR.In GD groups were of 9 candidates.Interview was purely technical and electrical machines were being asked in details.No tricky questions apart from a few in technical.

Interview Questions

Interview

online test consisted of verbal , quant , logical reasoning and technical
    verbal and quant was easy
    technical had questions from different topics all my friend had different topics
    test was for 2 hours
    second round they shortlisted 28 people for GD's
    selected only 4 from them

Paid Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Steel in November 2014.

Interview

The hiring process started with an online test which consisted of 4 sections ( logical , quantitative , verbal and technical aptitude, each of 25 questions) arranged by AMCAT in which 80 students appeared from my branch . Out of the 80 , only 14 could clear the test . There after we had 3 rounds of GD of 10 mins each . 7 cleared the GD and were shortlisted for interview . Interview was totally focused on testing your technical knowledge. They mostly asked questions on any projects or internship the candidate had undertook.

Interview Questions

• Since all the questions were technical so all of them were equally difficult or easy ( it depends on the depth of knowledge of the candidate ) . They monitored how you reacted to intricate technical questions , the candidate had to maintain composure .   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Steel (Rotherham, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Sat in front of a panel of four people from different areas (including HR) bombarded with questions about different scenarios.

When I came out there was someone else waiting to be interviewed and they knew that person already. It seems that they had made their minds up before I went.

Also you have to do a computerised on-site induction / health and safety course prior to the interview.

Seven months after the interview I am still waiting for someone from Tata to tell me whether I did or did not get the job. I assume by the time frame that I didn't get the job, How long does it take to send an email? If that's how you are treated by HR, then I don't think I would want to work there.

A bad advertisement and a bad experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tata Steel.

Interview

Online first, then days later got an e-mail. One group lear of R&D department interviewed me about one. Questions are mainly about the CV and motivation letter. Not so difficult.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Steel.

Interview

We had an online test conducted by amcat
     Followed by a group discussion on current affairs. This was followed by a technical pi which involved a general core knowledge based questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations as it was through campus recruitment.

Graduate Manufacturing Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Steel (Shotton, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the graduate position and after getting accepted into the recruitment process I had to go through a set of psychometric tests which involved a numerical and a logics test. Then a telephonic interview based on competency questions and then a final stage where I had to attend an assessment centre at Shotton, North Wales, this involved a 20 minute presentation, a 1 to 1 interview and finally a group task. The company seemed quite streamlined towards getting the most efficient candidate and everyone I met there from HR was quite friendly. There was also a tour of company grounds.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not hard to answer, it seemed that they were looking for a specific type of individual and not college grades or experience. Some of the questions included Tell me what you know about material science? How is steel made? What does galvanize mean? How did you develop your communication skills?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was straight forward, I received a call letting me know that I had been successful and then about a week later I received an email with the job package.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Tata Steel.

Interview

I had a telephonic interview after clearing the online assessment. The questions were fairly basic. Questions like 'why do you want to work for this company, what qualities do you have that would make you suitable for this role, A situation where you had to make a difficult decision, a situation where you had to work in a team etc.

Interview Questions

• They were all okay. I had prepared somewhat before hand.   Answer Question