Tate & Lyle Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2015
Updated Mar 10, 2015

2.7

Process Operator Interview

Take a 3 hour aptitude/skills test along with other applicants. Test includes math skills, thinking skills, mechanical aptitude, visual comprehension, etc.

If you pass the test you will be scheduled for an interview. The interview was a few weeks after the test.

The interview is usually conducted by two groups of two people, some in management, and some representing the union officials.

After a successful interview a job offer is extended.

There is a week-long orientation process before being placed within the plant (you have no say which department you're going)

Interview Questions
    • The most important thing they are looking for is a familiarity or at least a commitment to a safety regime since the number one buzzword in the plant is "safety." Do not tell stories that demonstrate risky behavior, aversion to authority, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Pay is per union contract.

Production Engineer Interview

on site interviewed with multiple manager and senior managment within the company as well as got a tour of the process areas that they have. Got to have lunch inbetwen session to get a to know people inbetween interview sessions. Interview was long so be prepared to talk alot and have plenty of questions to interview the people you are talking to.

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Tate & Lyle in January 2010.

I applied nearly six months before even being called. After that you go through two round robin style interviews. They last about three hours each. After that things move very quickly

It is all union so no negotiations are done.Pay is grEAAAAT

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Tate & Lyle.

They speak with you one on one. That was the best part. Felt like they really cared to know me. After that the ball can be dropped. It seems like they only have 3 people in their HR department, and you're playing phone tag. The length of this whole process was ridiculous.

Engineering Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tate & Lyle in January 2011.

Interview was very straightforward. Spent most of interview talking about position, no behavioral questions, just a brief analysis and questioning of what was on my resume. Got a call back the next week asking me to come to the plant to visit and make sure I knew what I was getting into. Went to plant, just had a tour, no interview. Got an offer the next week!

Interview Questions
    • So why would you want to work in a corn processing job after working at [a major pharmaceutical company] which is very different?   Answer Question
    I didn't try to negotiate, just accepted.

Production Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tate & Lyle in December 2014.

Went well, they were very nice and engaging. I had no problem holding a conversation with them. They were well prepared and very well spoken. They had questions and follow ups to all of the.

Interview Questions
    • What is a problem you faced, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Corporate Development Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Tate & Lyle.

Interview with hiring manager and HR. I spent an hour talking to each of them. They described their experience and view of the company, we talked about my CV and what I would bring to the organization. They asked many questions around how I would deal with people since it's a very matrix organization. We talked about my goals and what life style I wanted. I was given an offer the very next day and went back to meet the team within a week and took the offer. It was a very fast and efficient process and I couldn't recommend it more

quick

Sales Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Tate & Lyle in April 2008.

It was a very pleasant experience since I had to pass the phone interview and then there were more interviews on site and I had to take a test. It was more of a skills test and it was great. It was easy and the people were friendly. But I was not offered a job.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tate & Lyle in February 2010.

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and was invited to interview on-site. I prepared for the on-site interview and researched the company which made the interview process a lot easier. I found out after the interview that they would only reimburse me for the airfare and the hotel. I had to absorb all other costs.

Interview Questions
    • What position do you expect to have 5 years from now?   View Answer

No relocation was offered and the salary was lower than my current salary

General Management Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Tate & Lyle in October 2011.

Staffing agency was very professional and organized. Had phone interview, video interview, two in-person interviews. Met with top two key executives with organization. HR was extremely professional. Top executive was complacent, negative to CEO and otherwise not overly positive about organization and strategic initiative CEO had in motion. Unprofessional, and very surprising.