Tate & Lyle Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.7

Process Operator Interview

Interview

Take a 3 hour aptitude/skills test along with other applicants. Test includes math skills, thinking skills, mechanical aptitude, visual comprehension, etc.

If you pass the test you will be scheduled for an interview. The interview was a few weeks after the test.

The interview is usually conducted by two groups of two people, some in management, and some representing the union officials.

After a successful interview a job offer is extended.

There is a week-long orientation process before being placed within the plant (you have no say which department you're going)

Interview Questions

• The most important thing they are looking for is a familiarity or at least a commitment to a safety regime since the number one buzzword in the plant is "safety." Do not tell stories that demonstrate risky behavior, aversion to authority, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay is per union contract.

Production Engineer Interview

Interview

on site interviewed with multiple manager and senior managment within the company as well as got a tour of the process areas that they have. Got to have lunch inbetwen session to get a to know people inbetween interview sessions. Interview was long so be prepared to talk alot and have plenty of questions to interview the people you are talking to.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tate & Lyle (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Phone interview with someone in the US. They are not willing to a pay decent salary. The are looking for candidates qualified to make £100k and pay them £25. Stay away from this company at all cost.

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Tate & Lyle (Dayton, OH) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied nearly six months before even being called. After that you go through two round robin style interviews. They last about three hours each. After that things move very quickly

Negotiation

It is all union so no negotiations are done.Pay is grEAAAAT

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Tate & Lyle.

Interview

They speak with you one on one. That was the best part. Felt like they really cared to know me. After that the ball can be dropped. It seems like they only have 3 people in their HR department, and you're playing phone tag. The length of this whole process was ridiculous.

Engineering Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tate & Lyle (Lafayette, IN) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview was very straightforward. Spent most of interview talking about position, no behavioral questions, just a brief analysis and questioning of what was on my resume. Got a call back the next week asking me to come to the plant to visit and make sure I knew what I was getting into. Went to plant, just had a tour, no interview. Got an offer the next week!

Interview Questions

• So why would you want to work in a corn processing job after working at [a major pharmaceutical company] which is very different?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate, just accepted.

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tate & Lyle in December 2014.

Interview

Went well, they were very nice and engaging. I had no problem holding a conversation with them. They were well prepared and very well spoken. They had questions and follow ups to all of the.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem you faced, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Corporate Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Tate & Lyle.

Interview

Interview with hiring manager and HR. I spent an hour talking to each of them. They described their experience and view of the company, we talked about my CV and what I would bring to the organization. They asked many questions around how I would deal with people since it's a very matrix organization. We talked about my goals and what life style I wanted. I was given an offer the very next day and went back to meet the team within a week and took the offer. It was a very fast and efficient process and I couldn't recommend it more

Interview Questions

Negotiation

quick

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tate & Lyle.

Interview

Standard process: phone interview, followed by two in-person interviews. I was required to write a one-page summary on the key benefits for one of the ingredients they were launching at the time.

Interview Questions

• Experience in the food industry was preferred. Several questions about my previous employer and my familiarity with the industry.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Tate & Lyle (Hoffman Estates, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

This company is very slow when it comes to responding to inquiries and what-not. As you can imagine this can be frustrating for someone who is in between jobs. There are a minimum of 5-6 people in the interview process, each coming from a different cross-functional area: Marketing, Finance, Product Development, Sensory, Senior Management, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work here? Why should we hire you over the next candidate?   Answer Question