Tavant Technologies

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

3.1

Database Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Tavant Technologies.

Four rounds of interview all interviewer asking same questions.basic questions on priority. All the interviewer were good investigator in terms of technical knowledge.majorly company is working on different set of database technology and they required a person who is good in several.

First round is taken by some 4-5 years of exp guy and he took 1 hr to complete the round after that a senior lead level person will meet you and ask some basic to mid level of questions. the third rounds have questions regarding query and some basics of sql.

Interview Questions
    • how to get minimum of n values without using any function   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Tavant Technologies.

Group discussion then technical interview and then HR interview
    The GD process was very poorly judged. The selected those persons who didn't speak at all , and rejected others who expressed their opinion.

Interview Questions
    • Got Rejected in the GD round so don't know any interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Tavant Technologies in February 2015.

It was a walkin. First there was written test, then face to face and hr round. First two happened on same.day .On the week days hr round.questions was overall knowledge rather than concentrating in some framework. Logical testing was also there

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Tavant Technologies in January 2015.

I got the chance for appearing for Tavant technologies recruitment through AMCAT. I was shortlisted on the basis of my AMCAT score. After applying for it through AMCAT, I received the admit card within 3 days.The interview day was some 5 days later.

On the interview day, there was a Group Discussion. The topics for the GD were unconventional but interesting like: "Women Empowerment has led to increase in number of divorce cases","Working women are better mothers", " Customer is the King of the market". Only those who cleared the GD round advanced to the tehnical interview stage.

The technical interview was a difficult one. The interviewer started by asking my plan for the Major project(I am still in the final year of B.Tech). Rest of the interview was largely based on what I had written in my resume( I had written about a web application project I had developed using java, JSP, Servlets, JDBC etc.). The questions asked included the following: what are the various JSP tag libraries prevalent today, how do we make a database connection using JDBC etc. Other questions asked were: What are immutable objects in java, explain the various OOPS concepts, what is the difference between C and C++, write a program to detect if the string(which he gave) consisted of any duplicate letters, What is the difference between MySQL server and Oracle, Write an SQL query to display the top 5 salaries from a given table...

The result was being announced immediately, as soon as our interview finished and we came out of the room. Though the usual procedure was a technical interview, upon clearing which, there was to be an HR interview, I was instructed to sit for another Technical interview, which took place around half an hour later.

In the second technical interview, I was again asked questions on basis of the technologies I had mentioned in my resume E.g. what is the "include" directive in JSP and what is its use, and some general questions like what is the general form of recursion, write a recursive program to check whether the given string is a palindrome etc. At the end, I was asked a popular logical puzzle
    "3 bulbs 3 switches problem", which, unfortunately, I couldn't answer in time.

P.S.: Many of my friends were asked typical C questions like Write a program to create a given number pyramid and so on...

Interview Questions
    • Write an SQL query to display the top 5 salaries from a given table.   Answer Question
    • The "3 bulbs 3 switches problem" logical puzzle: " On a floor, there are three light switches in the OFF position. Each switch controls 1 of 3 light bulbs in a room next to you.
      You may flip the switches on/off any number of times, but you may go into the room to inspect the bulbs only once. How can you determine the switch for each bulb with one inspection?"

View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tavant Technologies in January 2015.

It was an on campus recruitment process. The whole process took two days. First day, we had a written test and the selected candidates were called up for the interviews on next day.

Written test : online test. there were 4 section - aptitude, logical reasoning, English and computer programming. It was a easy test. I cleared it and was called for the interview.

F2F interview : there were two rounds of interview technical and hr. In the technical round - he asked me that in which language I am most comfortable. I told him C, then he asked me questions from C but they were good questions (not the easy one). He asked me about pragmas, difference between new and malloc, what is the complexity of bubble sort and prove it how. Then he asked me whether I am comfortable with data structures. I said I can answer. He asked me how many pointers do I need to reverse a linked list. Then, He asked me to write a program to find if a linked list contains a loop or not.

In the hr round, all questions were very basic or typical hr questions like why do you want to join us, what are your hobbies, some questions related to the one you mention. About the projects that you have done, but no counter questions on that.

Interview Questions
    • How to find if there is a loop in a linked list   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tavant Technologies in January 2015.

Call from AMCAT. Group discussion (Women empowerment has increased divorce rate in India). They just wanted to have a look if a person is dumb. Even you don't add too much to details, you are in for next.

GD was followed by Technical interview. Apart fro my project, Why is Java secure, What is byte code, What if we don't make main() static, a pattern program.

HR interview was really what was tricky part. It was lengthier than the technical one. Many puzzles were asked.

Interview Questions
    • HR question - What will you do if Urgent requirement needs to be delivered to a customer and a family member needs personal care due to some reasons.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

The interviewer is one stupid guy, he asked me five questions and out off five one question was to write programme to palindrome which I was not answered. I have answered correct for remaining questions and then interview is completed.
    How would he decide a guy whether he is knowledgeable or not by asking 5 questions which are not relevant to real time work. I have gone to 5 f2f interviews and cleared 4 except tavant, thank god for not selecting me.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Tavant Technologies in November 2014.

Interview process was better than others First round was written core java concept 1 program and rest multiple choice question and 2 technical followed by managerial and HR. In technical interview they can ask you to write program. As expected lots of people came during Interview . It took the entire day to complete all technical round . For managerial round they can ask you to come to some other days.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Tavant Technologies in November 2014.

Highly unprofessional company, cleared all rounds of interview at last was asked to submit latest salary slip but could not get the offer. They even didn't replied about the status and just kept quite. I thing its all consultancy and HR poor practice going on between hiring process. Very bad experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

It was off campus placement.-- First round was written. It had questions on Aptitude as well as C basics questions. It was followed by followed by 2 personal interviews. The interviews were technical in nature with questions on c, some maths, sql queries, pointers basic such as swap values of 2 variables without using 3rd.