Taycor Financial

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Taycor Financial in April 2012.

*Disclaimer* I would like to establish that I am in no shape or form trying to tarnish the name of Taycor or the person who interviewed me. However I do feel the moral obligation to clearly lay out the negative and positive highlights of both phone and 1:1 interviews.

Base pay:

I applied to Taycor based on the impression that they offered a minimum "annual base pay" of $36K as their website says they do. Unfortunately that is not the case. Taycor offers a pro-rated base pay of $36K annually for the first three months as part of their "training program" and eventually as you begin to establish more partnerships you transition into 100% commission and no salary. Unfortunately, I wasn't told this until my 1:1 interview.

Real-time earnings of Account Executives at Taycor:

I was told in my phone interview that current AE's at Taycor were making a minimum of $60K to $80K in their first year, their website says $55K to $75K in the first year; I figured that the LA office averaged different numbers based on performance. In my 1:1 interview I asked the same question and I was given the same answer. At the end of the interview I said that everything sounded great but I wanted to know what the minimum that an AE in that current office was making annually and the highest that an AE in that current office was making annually. The answer I got was something along the lines of "that's a difficult question to answer but I can say that there is a lot of money to be made in this industry and before the downfall of the US economy some of our sales reps were making up to $200,000." I then asked again and told him that he didn't have to point out the actual AE's and what they were making but I wanted to know what the lowest producer was making and what the highest producer was making. He began his answer with "well that's a very difficult question to answer." I asked why and he said that it was because "this new program is only a few weeks old." I asked this question in my phone interview and in my 1:1 and both times was given an answer that insinuated that actual AE's in the LA office were making this kind of money.

Glassdoor.com reviews:

I was told told that I passed the phone interview which was the "voice over the phone test", then that I passed the 1:1 interview which was the "face to face test", and that the next test was the "writing test" which was to write an "honest review" critiquing the interview process at Taycor. I can only assume that all of the other candidates have been asked to do the same and that is why there are 9 interview reviews on Taycor; all of them positive and none of them are negative or neutral.

As for the positive highlights:

Hiring manager was very friendly and accommodating. The culture of the LA office was very easy going. Based on what the hiring manager said there is a lot of potential to make money in this industry. The hiring manager was very helpful in pointing out errors in my resume that will help me in future jobs I apply for.

In conclusion, I cannot say that Taycor is a bad company to work for. For those answers I would encourage you to search LinkedIn and ask previous employees about their experiences. I can only say that I did not have a positive experience with Taycor and their interview process. I hope that in the future they communicate with interviewees more effectively and truthfully than they did with me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Taycor Financial

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Taycor Financial in December 2011.

I originally heard about Taycor from a friend of mine who interviewed with them in the past. I found Taycor's website online and I decided to place a call to HR. I was informed to send my resume to the HR email address. Within a day or two, I received a call from a recruiter, and we planned to have a phone interview a week or so later. The phone interview went smoothly. I basically spoke about my past employment, and my experience in the leasing field. The recruiter told me that he would carve out some time for me to come in and have a one on one interview within the next few weeks, when they would be deciding on bringing more people on board for the beginning of 2012. I came into the office and interviewed with the same recruiter. The interview was very informative, and I really got a great sense of what was to come within the next year at the company. The office looked amazing, and the sense of professionalism about the work place really resembled the healthy reputation of the company. I hope everything works out, and I will be able to employed by such an amazing company that is accomplishing such amazing things!

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any of the question too difficult or unexpected. Maybe it was because I had already developed a bit of a relationship with the recruiter before the one on one interview. The interview was more informative that interrogative.   Answer Question